Sanctification is an ongoing process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
our sanctification is ongoing. Thats about all you’ve said that i can agree with. A person without the Holy Spirit cannot live righteously. If a person is genuinely saved, they cant help but to live in the light. People who have addictions, or who knowingly live in sin arent saved to begin with. If a person “got saved” yet claims to have left the faith later on, they didnt leave anything because they were never saved to begin with.

what i see on a lot of responses here is hyper grace. I believe that while everyone has a different experience when it comes to getting saved, for me personally, i think so far its been the most difficult thing i’ve ever tried. Tried being the keyword. After 2 years, im still not saved. And until i beat my addiction, i wont get saved. Its impossible to practice a sin and have been converted. This is why i have constant doubts that i’m of Gods elect.

I just feel compelled to say that the saved person overcomes sins by degrees, not as a one time event where they never get tempted and fall again.

God's love is meant to be transformative. We come to Him sinful and He loves us and in recieving that love and grace, we are changed.

The Bible says while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. If you give your life to Him, His Spirit begins to work on cleansing you, whether through a miraculous deliverance, or over time. But you have to surrender to Him, for His power to begin to work.

Does that make sense?

It's not that we must cleanse ouselves and then come to Christ. In accepting our inability to cleanse ourselves, we take hold of faith in Jesus and then His blood makes us right with God.

Then we begin to walk. When we fall, we repent and get back up because the Holy Spirit is our advocate with the Father.

Reactions: Truman and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you have to surrender to Him, for His power to begin to work.

Does that make sense?
It certainly does.

Romans 12:1-2 KJV
1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Of course, "surrender" is what you do capitulating to an enemy. We present ourselves to our Father.

Much love!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i will have to politely disagree with your take on this. I do believe that whatever the Bible says, is absolute. But i also disagree with their being so many different denominations/beliefs considering we’re all following the same book.
I am a believer in reformed theology, and i do believe that it follows the Bible moreso than other christian beliefs. And that brings me back to the whole different beliefs yet we follow the same Bible conundrum.
I received the gift of tongues, I had demons removed from me, I had visions, I experienced a physical miracle. All as a result of bible teaching.
"And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;" Mark 16:17
I am an official member of the Christian Reformed Church of Canada. Though I haven't gone in a long time.