Satan and His Army will not wait for new Christians to Armor Up!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is so very important as a new Christian, someone that has just accepted Christ as their Savior, to understand the spiritual battle they just entered, become a part of, may even get run over and trampled in the first week. Satan and his army are not waiting, they are ready to pounce on you. Trust me I know. I have failed miserably in the last 30+ years and really do not know, or yet can see, any fruit I have produced for the Kingdom of God. I do know one thing is for sure, no matter how bad it got, the Lord has never let me out of his hands. He has carried me until the time is right to be used to Glorify his Son Jesus! I so welcome it with a humble heart! New Christians need to be taken to Ephesians Chapter 6; 10-20. Meditate on it constantly throughout the day. I cannot stress this enough. No one, no Pastor had ever introduced me to the battle that we are in when we accept Jesus as our Savior. I can only remember hearing about the Armor Of God quite a few years later, when I heard the late Pastor Chuck Smith preach on the Full Armor Of God at a convention center in El Paso, Texas. I still did not truly understand the importance. There are many resources and commentaries on the Armor Of God. My favorite is Dr David Jeremiah and his series on the subject. He does one of the greatest jobs teaching about the Armor. I'm sure there are others, but he is my choice. He is producing fruit. I pray for us all!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think it is very unlikely that a new Christian would be able to understand spiritual warfare. I know I wasn't aware of it for some years after my re-birth but I always felt God protected me. Now though I realise how real it is and how important for us to put on that spiritual armour to fight those spiritual battles. But because new Christians are like new babes they need to be protected and taught correctly so that a firm foundation is laid upon which they can build their Christian lives.

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is very unlikely that a new Christian would be able to understand spiritual warfare. I know I wasn't aware of it for some years after my re-birth but I always felt God protected me. Now though I realise how real it is and how important for us to put on that spiritual armour to fight those spiritual battles. But because new Christians are like new babes they need to be protected and taught correctly so that a firm foundation is laid upon which they can build their Christian lives.

I agree they need protection. Unfortunately, I was not protected, by no ones fault. I was like a baby in a wolf's den. It was only the Lord Jesus Christ who sustained me and carried me. But i'm not trying to bring attention to myself, just trying to share my experiences.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree they need protection. Unfortunately, I was not protected, by no ones fault. I was like a baby in a wolf's den. It was only the Lord Jesus Christ who sustained me and carried me. But i'm not trying to bring attention to myself, just trying to share my experiences.
That's sad, and I know of others who like you weren't protected and came under attack and fell away in the early days. I suppose that's where good discipling comes in - teach, support, protect and encourage. I was very blessed to have that sort of discipling in my early days and thank God for those who offered it and were patient with me.

I know you said Jesus sustained you but how did you manage to overcome that wonky start and finally find a firm foundation to build on?

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It is so very important as a new Christian, someone that has just accepted Christ as their Savior, to understand the spiritual battle they just entered, become a part of, may even get run over and trampled in the first week. Satan and his army are not waiting, they are ready to pounce on you. Trust me I know. I have failed miserably in the last 30+ years and really do not know, or yet can see, any fruit I have produced for the Kingdom of God.
what did you go out into the wilderness to see, js?
the battle that we are in when we accept Jesus as our Savior.
not disagreeing, but imo don't forget the battle is already won, ok. It's all over.
you might note that "armor" is all defensive stuff

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I think it has a lot in common with a beach landing like the invasion of Normandy. The Kingdom starts with no ground and has to make a beachhead into enemy territory. And that is just the first battle.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I say again, the battle is over. It’s already been won. You have no war to fight. Despite the millions of hits for fight the devil online, they are all a lie. Don’t be deceived, little children.Missionaries are done, getting sued now even. Puerto Rico. Nicaragua. On and on

not disagreeing, but imo don't forget the battle is already won, ok. It's all over.
Well, depending upon how you interpret sword I guess

Last edited:

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's sad, and I know of others who like you weren't protected and came under attack and fell away in the early days. I suppose that's where good discipling comes in - teach, support, protect and encourage. I was very blessed to have that sort of discipling in my early days and thank God for those who offered it and were patient with me.

I know you said Jesus sustained you but how did you manage to overcome that wonky start and finally find a firm foundation to build on?

John 10:28, KJV: "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." ;)

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes the battle is already won. We leave our physical bodies, we go to where Jesus is....the right hand of God. With that said, here on Earth we are still in our physical bodies and I don't plan on getting beat down by the evil one and just die and go to our Lord. I will know God's love and continue to renounce all the lies (of evil) for a couple of purposes. 1. To live a beautiful life with my Christian wife in the way God truly designed. (there is scripture for this). 2. To carry the Gospel to those who have not yet heard/accepted Jesus. 3. To glorify Jesus. 4. To overcome all trials and tribulations in our physical world, not by my own strength, but by the strength of our Savior Jesus Christ. There are many, many more purposes, but these came right up from my heart.

Ohhhhh, all the Armor is defensive EXCEPT........The Sword Of the Spirit!. The Sword is TRUTH and destroys the lies of Satan! So this is our greatest offensive weapon and I love it. It frees me everyday in my walk with Jesus.

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes the battle is already won. We leave our physical bodies, we go to where Jesus is....the right hand of God. With that said, here on Earth we are still in our physical bodies and I don't plan on getting beat down by the evil one and just die and go to our Lord. I will know God's love and continue to renounce all the lies (of evil) for a couple of purposes. 1. To live a beautiful life with my Christian wife in the way God truly designed. (there is scripture for this). 2. To carry the Gospel to those who have not yet heard/accepted Jesus. 3. To glorify Jesus. 4. To overcome all trials and tribulations in our physical world, not by my own strength, but by the strength of our Savior Jesus Christ. There are many, many more purposes, but these came right up from my heart.

Ohhhhh, all the Armor is defensive EXCEPT........The Sword Of the Spirit!. The Sword is TRUTH and destroys the lies of Satan! So this is our greatest offensive weapon and I love it. It frees me everyday in my walk with Jesus.
1 Corinthians 15.57. The victory has already been won. :)

Reactions: bbyrd009 and jshiii

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

assuming you have it anyway, sure. Um...note that it comes last, right, and imo put in the rest of the armor first, maybe. Truth is a slippery thing, what is truth, its like trying to define God imo.
Do you have the truth? All truth?

i mean dont get me wrong, i use truth as a weapon myself, ok, but imo this is not necessarily a good perspective to have. Imo the Bible is hiding wisdom from us there
So this is our greatest offensive weapon and I love it. It frees me everyday in my walk with Jesus.
ha well it might also be enslaving us, ok, without us realizing it.
Truth will offend, but i guess woe to those who intentionally give offense too, right. Which has always been me, ok. More steps on that ladder though i guess

Reactions: jshiii

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
assuming you have it anyway, sure. Um...note that it comes last, right, and imo put in the rest of the armor first, maybe. Truth is a slippery thing, what is truth, its like trying to define God imo.
Do you have the truth? All truth?

i mean dont get me wrong, i use truth as a weapon myself, ok, but imo this is not necessarily a good perspective to have. Imo the Bible is hiding wisdom from us there

ha well it might also be enslaving us, ok, without us realizing it.
Truth will offend, but i guess woe to those who intentionally give offense too, right. Which has always been me, ok. More steps on that ladder though i guess

We all, Christians, learn truth by humbling ourselves and realize we have to be totally dependant on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, having faith and trust in the Holy Spirit. With this said, before anyone starts saying "We can't always discern the truth!". Well 1. Yes your walk with our Lord has to be right everyday. I wake up with a repentant attitude every morning, regardless if I know or don't know any sins I have committed. (we all commit known/unknown sins everyday) 2. The Holy Spirit whispers Truth to our hearts and if it doesn't line up with Truth from the Bible, then I question it as maybe it came from my flesh (my thoughts) or the Evil one.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes your walk with our Lord has to be right everyday. I wake up with a repentant attitude every morning, regardless if I know or don't know any sins I have committed.
When I was a new Christian my lovely mentor used to call that, 'keeping short accounts'. I learned such a lot from her without her ever being preachy. She was the vicar's wife and befriended me and would just talk to me in her kitchen as she baked or prepared a meal. It was the very best way to learn.

Reactions: jshiii and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We all, Christians, learn truth by humbling ourselves and realize we have to be totally dependant on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, having faith and trust in the Holy Spirit. With this said, before anyone starts saying "We can't always discern the truth!". Well 1. Yes your walk with our Lord has to be right everyday. I wake up with a repentant attitude every morning, regardless if I know or don't know any sins I have committed. (we all commit known/unknown sins everyday) 2. The Holy Spirit whispers Truth to our hearts and if it doesn't line up with Truth from the Bible, then I question it as maybe it came from my flesh (my thoughts) or the Evil one.
agree in spirit, imo humble is diff than "repentant" (rebounded) imo.
but i agree we are all swimming in sin, commit many, many unrealized sins in a day, yeh

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, sometimes they are not taught correctly from the beginning of our walk. Herein we need to remember that they have little in knowledge of the Word of God and of the Spirit of God so God will be more merciful with than with an oldster who has been reading the Bible and praying in the Spirit daily for many years:

"....much is given, much is required..." From Luke 12:48

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say again, the battle is over. It’s already been won. You have no war to fight. Despite the millions of hits for fight the devil online, they are all a lie. Don’t be deceived, little children.Missionaries are done, getting sued now even. Puerto Rico. Nicaragua. On and on

Well, depending upon how you interpret sword I guess
Not the battles raging within each of us, those are not finished until all of the beasts within have been killed and so the fighting continues:

From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts" James 4:1-3

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 10:28, KJV: "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." ;)
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

Reactions: jshiii