Sayings,that are wrong.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
When we see the sayings "live life to the fullest" or "you only have one life to live so have fun with no regrets" These sayings are not promoting God,instead they are promoting other things. I am going to focus on this specific thing I found."do what makes you happy.be with who makes you smileDo what makes you happy. The first problem it does not consider anybody else,it says do what makes YOU happy. This kind of quote does not promote do what makes you happy,but also God. Because what makes us happy,may not make God happy.be with who makes you smile. I know for a fact anybody,anything can 90% of the time make you smile.So with that being said,a robber,or anything else could happen. But be with somebody who loves God and makes God happy.This is just me,I may be taking these quotes to far but Idk

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
(Dukester;42994)
When we see the sayings "live life to the fullest" or "you only have one life to live so have fun with no regrets" These sayings are not promoting God,instead they are promoting other things. I am going to focus on this specific thing I found."do what makes you happy.be with who makes you smileDo what makes you happy. The first problem it does not consider anybody else,it says do what makes YOU happy. This kind of quote does not promote do what makes you happy,but also God. Because what makes us happy,may not make God happy.be with who makes you smile. I know for a fact anybody,anything can 90% of the time make you smile.So with that being said,a robber,or anything else could happen. But be with somebody who loves God and makes God happy.This is just me,I may be taking these quotes to far but Idk
Before I meet God I used to 'live life to the fullest' in the wordly sense. now that I know God I do still live life to the fullest but the difference is that now I live it for God. The rest I would agree with. They are promoting the world and self not God. It is like they are saying that 'I' am most important thing. This is totally foreign to what God teaches us.

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
Interesting... I have stopped saying "good luck" to people... Praise be to God, not to chance!!

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Yes I thought it was interesting as well,that is why I posted it. I was wondering what everyone else though

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
"do what makes you happy.be with who makes you smile" Theres a problem with that saying we Americans don't realize what makes us happy. What we buy and what we do only grants us a pitiful happiness. A happiness which is covered with fear as we know the happiness will go away. We do not recognize what truly is happiness They say here take this X-box it will make you happyBut it won't. They say hey buy that CD it will make you happyBut it won't They say Hey get yourself a dog, it will make you happy but it won't They say hey buy this car it will make you happyBut it won't They say Hey try Golfing it will make you happy but it won't They say hey start a family it will make you happybut it won't They say hey buy a house, and have your family stop living in a box that will make you happy But it won't They say hey get a job to support your family that will make you happybut it won't That happiness will just Fade away] but it won't OUR TRUE HAPPINESS IS GOD's love and Gods salvation.WE CANNOT LOSE THAT HAPPINESS, There is no Fear in that happiness. That is what makes you happy.Everything else is there so we can continue to do Gods will. STOP LOOKING FOR HAPPINESS FOR YOU HAVE ALREADY FOUND It.

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
the only way you can "live life to the fullest" is with God:) It's very good that you see how those saying of man are contrary to God.

zozephin

Apr 4, 2008
That's the difference that we must separate...In our days "live life in the fullest" means to do all the sins together with no limits..Years ago I did it...but I realized that nothing fills me up like God...If you are with God you live life in the fullest, because God gave us life and He wants our souls to be fullest with love(I hope you understand what i mean "oh i am very bad in english"
smile.gif
smile.gif
)So take care my friend....

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It is the to me the New religion of Today self first many of the new most popular books push this agenda it reminds me of lie the serpent told Eve in the garden eat and ye will be as god all these things are simular do for self and you will be happy and need no god you can be your like your own god

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Exactly Kriss,that is how it is!!!Thank you all for your post again!!!and Zoz,I know with my young age it sounds hard,but I went the whole live life to fullest to,I thought hey I only have ONE life but really that life only last until death,the life where everything is just amazing,only comes through Jesus Christ!!!

zozephin

Apr 4, 2008
(Dukester;44371)
Exactly Kriss,that is how it is!!!Thank you all for your post again!!!and Zoz,I know with my young age it sounds hard,but I went the whole live life to fullest to,I thought hey I only have ONE life but really that life only last until death,the life where everything is just amazing,only comes through Jesus Christ!!!
That's right my friend I totally agree with you
smile.gif
Take care...May God helps you in your life