Science and Christianity are diametrically opposed, don’t listen to anyone who says otherwise

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is 0 evidence of God.
Sure there is, tons of evidence for God. Your problem is your acceptance standard and criteria is broken.

The paradigm dogma is with secular scientists who deny God as even a possible explanation for the evidence all around us. For instance, secular scientists cannot explain why the natural world obeys mathematical laws.

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Education is an ever changing process, religious belief is not…it is stagnant.
this is actually my point.

though I wouldn't use the word stagnant.

is a stately mountain stagnant because it hasn't changed in thousands of years?

I know you are not Christian, but this is the same principle for why Jesus is referred to as The Rock of Ages.

He does not change. He is Truth. Truth is unbreakable and unchanging despite any fickle trends or circumstances of time.

as I said, why put your faith in textbooks?

this was your comment from post #8 that I was referring to:
Scientists don’t publicly refer to the universe as “God’s creation” and neither do textbooks.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are only changed within the confines of science, a theory will replace another theory. They do not change in the way of becoming the Bible tomorrow and a textbook the next. Education is an ever changing process, religious belief is not…it is stagnant.
Apparently you have never heard of the laws of science. There is the law of gravity. When has that changed? When has the speed of light changed? When did water become something else besides two molecules of hydrogen and one of oxygen?

These are not theories, they are scientific laws.

Secondly, if you think that religious belief is stagnant, then you have no knowledge of religion! As a simple and primary example, God first made a covenant with the Jews, then replaced it with an entirely new covenant

I assume that you are an intelligent man, so why can't you understand this?

1 Corinthians 1:18-20, "For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.”
Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scholar? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?"

That is pretty straight-forward!