Science and Religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JonJT

Jan 7, 2008
Many people find there is friction between logic and science and religion. A number of theologians have rejected science particularly because of evolutionist theories and the development of scientific thought by atheists. I just wanted to say that I find no conflict between religion and science. My own experiences as an engineering student have only glorified Gods creation. I'm finding I have way more questions than answers about everything I study. I have come to see God as the ultimate intellectual being, with understanding infinitely beyond anything any man could achieve. Science has only made me more humble before God. It doesn't deny his existence, only strengthens it.Just wanted to share that with you guys, now I must get back to studying!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(JonJT;38029)
Many people find there is friction between logic and science and religion. A number of theologians have rejected science particularly because of evolutionist theories and the development of scientific thought by atheists. I just wanted to say that I find no conflict between religion and science. My own experiences as an engineering student have only glorified Gods creation. I'm finding I have way more questions than answers about everything I study. I have come to see God as the ultimate intellectual being, with understanding infinitely beyond anything any man could achieve. Science has only made me more humble before God. It doesn't deny his existence, only strengthens it.Just wanted to share that with you guys, now I must get back to studying!
Good luck with your studying. My son is also an engineering student (mechanical). Yes I find no real contradiction between science and religion, only in the manner of interpretation. I have a minor in mathematics and a technology degree, and you said you study engineering. I find it amusing that we could probably do some calculations that make some people's heads spin, but we are looked at by skeptics like we are stupid or something just because we believe the bible. Maybe, if they take a hard look at the likes of Einstein and Newton, it becomes threatening to see such intelligent scientists acknowledging God. It puts a doubt in their mind that maybe, just maybe, there is something to God.

JonJT

Jan 7, 2008
(tim_from_pa;38034)
Good luck with your studying. My son is also an engineering student (mechanical). Yes I find no real contradiction between science and religion, only in the manner of interpretation. I have a minor in mathematics and a technology degree, and you said you study engineering. I find it amusing that we could probably do some calculations that make some people's heads spin, but we are looked at by skeptics like we are stupid or something just because we believe the bible. Maybe, if they take a hard look at the likes of Einstein and Newton, it becomes threatening to see such intelligent scientists acknowledging God. It puts a doubt in their mind that maybe, just maybe, there is something to God.
I too am studying mechanical engineering. I read a short saying on this board that was something to this effect:"A little philosophy turns a man into an atheist, a lot of philosophy turns a man into a believer"I fully believe science can do the same. I also find it quite reassuring and somewhat amusing that the greatest human minds in the hard scientific fields usually have a publicly visible faith in the Lord and yet the "average" man these days rejects God so willingly (as you pointed out). Maybe they do find it threatening, who knows. In any case, God is Great! And science only exemplifies this.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(JonJT;38048)
I too am studying mechanical engineering. I read a short saying on this board that was something to this effect:"A little philosophy turns a man into an atheist, a lot of philosophy turns a man into a believer"I fully believe science can do the same. I also find it quite reassuring and somewhat amusing that the greatest human minds in the hard scientific fields usually have a publicly visible faith in the Lord and yet the "average" man these days rejects God so willingly (as you pointed out). Maybe they do find it threatening, who knows. In any case, God is Great! And science only exemplifies this.
Again, I wish you the best in your studies. Maybe one day you'll run into my son. If you do, you'll feel at home. He's a funny, smiling, charismatic sort of young fellow that wins everyone's admiration and friendship.

The Duke of Vandals

Feb 27, 2008
(JonJT;38029)
I just wanted to say that I find no conflict between religion and science.
Really? Hmmm. Given normal atmospheric conditions, water does not boil until heated to 5000 degrees Kelvin. Do you agree or disagree with this assertion?