scientific theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Given that the Gospel of Luke has Adam in it's genealogy of the earthly parents of Jesus at what point did the line of the falsely called "figurative Adam" become real?

I didn't say that Adam was not real. I said the 'fruit/apple' was symbolic. A real apple could not have caused original sin.

Joh 5:46-47 For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. (47) But if you believe not his writings, how shall you believe my words?

This verse in no way addresses the issue of the 'apple'. You probably turn some Bible verses into symbolism, as well.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I didn't say that Adam was not real. I said the 'fruit/apple' was symbolic. A real apple could not have caused original sin.
Satan's pride which led him to act in opposition to God was the original sin which progressed to his tempting Eve into disobeying God's command not to partake of the fruit of the Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, and as we know, Adam saw Eve disobeying God and was soon doing so as well.

This act of disobedience immediately produced "experiential knowledge of moral failure", or in other words "the experience of doing something forbidden produced knowledge that something forbidden had been done." Substance and composition of the fruit is of little relevance since it was the act of partaking that lost the first man and woman their innocence and gave them knowledge of wrong-doing.

Reactions: MattMooradian