Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #5, Book of Acts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is done is done and I AM the one who gets hollared at.....
No worries Rella....all good..water under the bridge as they say...

Back to your post of #1039... '....everyone had/has their role....' It this your punch line/phrase? If so can you describe or translate what you just said in your post to show the roles the Father, his Spirit and his Son performed?......thx

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whose commandments? God the fathers???? NO. He meant His own.
I never recognized that. However, prophets speak for God, correct? No one says it is Moses's commandments on 2 tablets, even though he was the one to bring them to the people, right? Having said that, your references are not from the Book of Acts. So, I question why you would quote John in a thread dedicated to the book of Acts?

Perhaps one day, I'll be allowed to start a similar thread on the Gospel of Jesus Christ according to John. ;)

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rella so, in Acts the role of Christ changed dramatically, from speaking his father's word and commands within his mind and spirit to us, into executing them and directing with authority, on behalf of his Father. He was now using his Father's Holy Spirit of power to direct traffic 'down here' and the world, as King of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Jesus ascended to his Father, God, and his Father's Spirit came into the church, and the gospel of Christ spreads throughout the world. The Kingdom was established and grew throughout the known world. And Yahshua, in spirit by his Father was and is now present within his body of believers....this is the changed role of his Father, His spirit and his Son in a nutshell or intro statement.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was even He who prayed to the Father for the Holy Spirit to come on them.... That was not voluntary from the Father... IOW... everyone had/has their role.

Not wanting to start it here or comment on it here... the "role" of the Holy Spirit should be discussed. What He does. Why He does it. and Why He is needed

If Jesus prayed to the Father for the Holy Spirit to come on them obviously... if I can be so
ummm... crass as to call our heavenly Father the CEO who directs and organizes as he directed every move of Jesus' being conceived in Mary until the moment that Jesus ascended into into heaven and is sitting at the Father's right hand... we DO NOT NEED TO rehash the reason Jesus came here in person to mix it up with the sinners and to be the example to and for the lost sheep of Israel as we have been told.... until finally we Gentiles were grafted in... which was NOT in the original plans.... (Not going there)

And then Jesus said he would pray to the Father to send another comforter.

Jesus and the Holy spirit... again no disrespect meant... were the hands on part of the thing I cant mention.

As I said... we know what Jesus did. We know who sent Him. Truly there is little mention of the role the Holy Spirit for and in us. There needs to be.

In the beginning the Holy Spirit was sent out as a scout... Gen 1:2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

Then Gen 1: 3- 5... 3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

But this was not the Father... this was The Word according to John 1. This was Jesus...
OR is their proof that this is also another fallacy????????????????????

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

The Witness John

6There came a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. 8He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.

Jesus was obviously a hands on spirit. And the Holy Spirit also had things to do.
Yes John 1 is definitely a clear line of demarcation, for sure for many brave souls. Treading lightly is advisable here. Personalizing/personifying the 'word' as a masculine gender is ok as long as it is clearly understand the 'word' can never be a person per the rules of grammar for 'logos'....check it out for yourself. and just running ahead to the the place in scripture where the word then inhabits flesh for the 1st time will just complicate and confuse at this point in the discussion.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never recognized that. However, prophets speak for God, correct? No one says it is Moses's commandments on 2 tablets, even though he was the one to bring them to the people, right? Having said that, your references are not from the Book of Acts. So, I question why you would quote John in a thread dedicated to the book of Acts?

Perhaps one day, I'll be allowed to start a similar thread on the Gospel of Jesus Christ according to John. ;)
There were no commands of his Son, alone, or independent of his Father's desires. They were all based on his Father's commandments and customized to allow better understanding of them as used for the NT folks.

John 10:25, 30 and even Rev 14:12...related that the goals and purpose of the Son was the same as his Father's..

(Joh 10:25) Jesus answered them: I told you and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name, these testify of me.
(Joh 10:29) My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
(Joh 10:30) I and the Father are one.

(Rev 14:12) Here is the patience of the saints, they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Fred_Scott

Oct 27, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
Afghanistan
The Book of Acts truly presents a shift, in Christs role. After His Ascension Jesus assumes authority from the Father. Leads and empowers His church through the Holy Spirit (Acts 1;8). This transition from Jesus earthly ministry to His governance through the Spirit emphasizes the roles within the Trinity. The arrival of the Holy Spirit, which Jesus prayed for (John 14;16) not fulfills a promise. Also strategically ensures that Gods plan includes an ongoing presence and guidance of the Divine within the church. Understanding these roles is essential for comprehending the beautiful interplay within the Trinity, which is crucial, for deepening our theological understanding and nurturing our spiritual growth.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trinitarinians deny the big reveal of Jesus' ministry is that he is the long awaited Messiah, chosen by God to reconcile humanity to God and was never about revealing God incarnate.
Hello Wrangler, Somehow I must have missed this thread, but since as viewed this time, I must say that Jesus made it clear that GOD IS A SPIRIT and everything He has said about Himself is true.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Reactions: Wrangler

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Acts truly presents a shift, in Christs role. After His Ascension Jesus assumes authority from the Father. Leads and empowers His church through the Holy Spirit (Acts 1;8). This transition from Jesus earthly ministry to His governance through the Spirit emphasizes the roles within the Trinity. The arrival of the Holy Spirit, which Jesus prayed for (John 14;16) not fulfills a promise. Also strategically ensures that Gods plan includes an ongoing presence and guidance of the Divine within the church. Understanding these roles is essential for comprehending the beautiful interplay within the Trinity, which is crucial, for deepening our theological understanding and nurturing our spiritual growth.
'.....His governance through the Spirit emphasizes the roles within the Trinity....' A little confusing..

Explain the person you might call the holy Spirit is this regard? And what has happened the the Father's Spirit in all this? Is it in hibernation, in some type of potential state?

Status
Not open for further replies.