Secure Eternal Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...Hold on Pearl...HOLD ON!!!

Protestantism has MULTIPLE teachings about the same "truth". Sooooo which of those multiple teachings is "unbiblical"?

Protestantism has people that blindly follow the teachings of their pastors and all their pastors teach different "truths". Sooooooooo which ones are being deceived?
Which one of the MULTIPLE Protestant denominations teach the Truth? After all, they all can't be teaching the Truth since they all teach different things.
Roman Catholicism is one of many churches. You can add them to your question. Trying to seperate them from everyone else is wrong
Why didn't you ask for prayers for all those Protestants that are blindly following the false teachings of their pastors? Do you not care about them?
If you would actually pay attention to people in christian chat. We do pray for them.

This is what happens when your focused on one thing, you seem to ignore what is really going on

It sounds like if we all just believe what you believe. Practice what you practice. Accept YOUR truth and reject what we believe to be true we don't need prayers.....that is pure silliness.

You are CLEARLY anti-Catholic and not sincere in your prayer request....how sad for you.
This is what you do. SO why would you try to attack her for doing the very thing you do?

Again, this hurts your own case.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roman Catholicism is one of many churches. You can add them to your question. Trying to seperate them from everyone else is wrong....
I didn't have to "add them" to my question. Pearl ALREADY DID!! I didn't "separate the Catholic Church from everyone else"!!! Pearl DID!!! Pearl said that she wanted prayers for the "deceived" in " the Catholic church"!!! Pearl did not mention ANY Protestant church in her request for prayers!!! Sooooooooooooooooooooo who is "wrong" here EG? PEARL IS, since she violated what you just said. PEARL separated them from everyone else!! Not me.....Goodness gracious! o_O

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you would actually pay attention to people in christian chat. We do pray for them.....
What does that even matter EG???? Pearl was clearly on a mission to make it clear that The Catholic Church....and ONLY the Catholic Church... is deceiving it's flock with a false doctrine. Why only mention The Church when CLEARLY all you Protestants have different teachings on the same "truth". Why didn't she just pray for all deceived Christians EG??? And don't tell me to ask her. You are the one who entered this convo with a defense of her soooooo keep defending!!!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what you do. SO why would you try to attack her for doing the very thing you do?

Again, this hurts your own case.
YES!!! Bingo!! Winner winner chicken dinner!!! If everyone was a member of the ONE church with ONE teaching and ONE true doctrine then we would all be right now wouldn't we EG!!! We would have fulfilled Jesus prayer that we all become ONE. I have found that church. Have you?

Also, I didn't attack her. I called out her hypocrisy and pointed out that Protestants need prayer just as bad as Catholics due based on the scenario she presented. Pointing out a FACT is not an attack EG.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the water? I already answered that. The water symbolizes spiritual cleansing. Believers Baptism for Christians was not a thing yet when Jesus talked to Nicodemus. So how could Jesus expect Nicodemus to understand Christian baptism? But he would have understood that water was a sign of spiritual purity because of the ritual cleanings in Judaism.
OK....so the "water" in "water and Spirit" is water but that water is only a symbol for spiritual cleansing. Is that what you are saying?

What is "Believers Baptism"? Is it when you start believing that Jesus is The Lord and Saviour?

Maybe Nicodemus understood Christian baptism because Jesus had just been baptized with water by John in the Jordan and the Spirit came down upon him HENCE 'water and spirit'. Nicodemus made the connection. The men who are teaching you didn't.

If your men have taught you that faith is enough for salvation, then what do we do with Jesus’ declaration, “Unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God” (John 3:5) PLUS “He who believes and is baptized will be saved” (Mark 16:16) PLUS “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38)?

Are you trying to convince me that those three passages don't have anything in common? They don't all speak of water baptism and what it DOES?

Mary

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that even matter EG???? Pearl was clearly on a mission to make it clear that The Catholic Church....and ONLY the Catholic Church... is deceiving it's flock with a false doctrine. Why only mention The Church when CLEARLY all you Protestants have different teachings on the same "truth". Why didn't she just pray for all deceived Christians EG??? And don't tell me to ask her. You are the one who entered this convo with a defense of her soooooo keep defending!!!
Its all about you isn’t it.

Poor mary, Poor Roman Catholic Church. Everyone is against you. Woe is me

My comment was directed at your comment, Because you say it all the time, weather it is to pearl or not. It is a go to argument for catholic people

Maybe we get sick of hearing the same old accusations and excuses you all love to give

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking as an eye witness to certain events or relating well-known news is not the same as 'ex cathedra'.
Oh goodness post. You are wearing me out. Here is the definition of ex-cathedra: by virtue of or in the exercise of one's office or position; with the full authority of office

Paul and Silas,
with 'full authority, were 'exercising' their 'position' as Apostles to attest to the Bereans that Jesus fulfilled the prophecy of the new messiah. The Bereans accepted their testimony and then the Bereans accepted the Apostles as the leaders of the Church and then the Bereans accepted what Jesus said in Luke 10:16.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you wish to denigrate the authority of scripture? You accept abrogation?
If your pope gives you bad theology, reject him. It's that simple.
Huh....what are you even talking about???? Why did you throw that nonsensical, off topic, jab in??? We were simply talking about the Bereans and how they came to accept Jesus as their Saviour and now you are throwing jabs at me. How sad for you....It shows your true character, and I don't like it. :mad:

Who do you trust to give you 'good theology' post?????????????? Also, The Pope doesn't give theology for The Church. If you are going to attack me and my Church at least know what you are talking about. Do you EVER get tired of being wrong? I'm not tired of pointing out how you are wrong...;)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is all you want to argue, You do not want to discuss fact. Or what the word says. All you want to do is the same old controlled response every catholic does

Like your brother Faith. I feel sorry for you.
Nope, I have made many arguments against your hereteical teachings. Soooooo that is not all I want to or have argued. Are you not going to answer the question?

Keeping it real....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope, but the catholics get a lot wrong. Can catholics get saved? Absolutely, but not because they are catholic, but in spite of being catholic.
Hey Lifelong sinner,

Help me out with your thought process here. Who, as you stated earlier, mic dropped the absolute truth on The Catholic Church? RC Sproul or Calvin? You mentioned both in that one sentence and I may be misunderstanding what you said and I want to get it right.

Also, how do YOU know that The Catholic Church got "a lot wrong"? Are there any Protestant Churches that "get a lot wrong"?

Curious Mary

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Lifelong sinner,

Help me out with your thought process here. Who, as you stated earlier, mic dropped the absolute truth on The Catholic Church? RC Sproul or Calvin? You mentioned both in that one sentence and I may be misunderstanding what you said and I want to get it right.

Also, how do YOU know that The Catholic Church got "a lot wrong"? Are there any Protestant Churches that "get a lot wrong"?

Curious Mary

RC Sproul did in the video.
Are there any protestant churches that get a lot wrong??? Absolutely. Lets see, methodist, disciples of Christ, pentecostal, basically any arminianism church.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its all about you isn’t it.

Poor mary, Poor Roman Catholic Church. Everyone is against you. Woe is me

My comment was directed at your comment, Because you say it all the time, weather it is to pearl or not. It is a go to argument for catholic people

Maybe we get sick of hearing the same old accusations and excuses you all love to give
EG, you crack me up.
Nope, it's not about me. It's about calling out hypocrisy. Plain and simple.

And once again you didn't answer any of my questions. Par for the course. Instead, you went on the attack and attempted to belittle me. You made an excuse for Pearl's hypocrisy and I called you out on it. I hurt your feelings and I apologize for that.

Talk about being "sick of hearing the same old accusations". Have you read what your fellow Protestants have written on here about The Church?

At least Catholics don't make the excuse that evidence was burned therefor I can't present you any evidence.....;) We give our evidence that started with men who were students of the Apostles. You know them already: The Apostolic Fathers. That's our evidence. Your evidence is the teaching of men from the 16th century.....yikes.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there any protestant churches that get a lot wrong??? Absolutely. Lets see, methodist, disciples of Christ, pentecostal, basically any arminianism church.
Hi LLS,

Ok....so....according to you..... who decides that the Catholic Church, "methodist, disciples of Christ, pentecostal, basically any arminianism church" get it wrong? Are you saying RC Sproul makes/made that decision? What video are you talking about. I missed it.

Mary

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh....what are you even talking about???? Why did you throw that nonsensical, off topic, jab in??? We were simply talking about the Bereans and how they came to accept Jesus as their Saviour and now you are throwing jabs at me. How sad for you....It shows your true character, and I don't like it. :mad:

Who do you trust to give you 'good theology' post?????????????? Also, The Pope doesn't give theology for The Church. If you are going to attack me and my Church at least know what you are talking about. Do you EVER get tired of being wrong? I'm not tired of pointing out how you are wrong...;)

is the pope infallible?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Curious Mary

i don't think you understand what the reformation is.

the arbiter of truth isn't someone in a protestant church or a catholic church.
it's a person, Who is The Truth.
He wrote all the scripture, and all the scripture is about Him.

CodeCogsEqn.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK....so the "water" in "water and Spirit" is water but that water is only a symbol for spiritual cleansing. Is that what you are saying?

What is "Believers Baptism"? Is it when you start believing that Jesus is The Lord and Saviour?

Maybe Nicodemus understood Christian baptism because Jesus had just been baptized with water by John in the Jordan and the Spirit came down upon him HENCE 'water and spirit'. Nicodemus made the connection. The men who are teaching you didn't.

If your men have taught you that faith is enough for salvation, then what do we do with Jesus’ declaration, “Unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God” (John 3:5) PLUS “He who believes and is baptized will be saved” (Mark 16:16) PLUS “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38)?

Are you trying to convince me that those three passages don't have anything in common? They don't all speak of water baptism and what it DOES?

Mary
No they don't. The first one doesn't even mention baptism.

BtW,
Being baptized by John demonstrated a recognition of sin, and a desire for spiritual cleansing and a commitment to follow God’s law in anticipation of the Messiah’s arrival.

It's not the same as being baptized as a sign that you have received Christ.
Why was Jesus baptized by John?
He didn't need spiritual cleansing and he didn't need to repent. It was a sign of his commitment to God just as believers baptism is a sign of faith in Christ, not the thing itself.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey we arminians are real Christians too!
It's the Calvinists that get a lot wrong.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul and Silas, with 'full authority, were 'exercising' their 'position' as Apostles to attest to the Bereans that Jesus fulfilled the prophecy of the new messiah. The Bereans accepted their testimony and then the Bereans accepted the Apostles as the leaders of the Church and then the Bereans accepted what Jesus said in Luke 10:16.

that's antithetical to the account, and disingenuous to your previous post.

you said they related the news/common-knowledge of the man called Jesus and ((to them)) the rumors of His miracle working.
you equated that to "ex cathedra" conceptually.

now you have completely changed your definition of ex-cathedra to meaning that their role 'News agency' was immediately accepted as authentic - as though Paul is Faux News in teh modern erra, so that U trust nothing that isn't on Parler or Newsmax, but if a flat-earth-youtube-vod sez so, then obv. it is tru.

but the fact is that Paul & Silas et.al ((were they completely alone? you think so?)) brought news from the Levant to the post-Alexandrian world writ-large, and moreover brought a theology. the Jews in Berea did not immediately accept that theology ((which is what your own cult's definition of 'ex-cathedra' explicitly & singularly refers to, not to common factual reporting of news)) but instead appealed to the Tanakh as authoritative, because they knew that scripture was from God, but did not assume that some human was authoritative merely on the basis that they held authoritative earthly position.

grow up. stop beating around the bush as though i'm an idiot who doesn't immediately see what you are doing.
the people who are reading this thread are not idiots either.
have some respect for us: you are wasting our time and insulting us speaking as though we do not comprehend the subtext of your supposed rebuttals.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they don't. The first one doesn't even mention baptism.

BtW,
Being baptized by John demonstrated a recognition of sin, and a desire for spiritual cleansing and a commitment to follow God’s law in anticipation of the Messiah’s arrival.

It's not the same as being baptized as a sign that you have received Christ.
Why was Jesus baptized by John?
He didn't need spiritual cleansing and he didn't need to repent. It was a sign of his commitment to God just as believers baptism is a sign of faith in Christ, not the thing itself.
Even though Jesus was just baptized with water and the Spirit came down upon him and right after that he told Nicodemus to be born again is thru water and Spirit Jesus wasn't talking about the water of baptism? Fascinating. From whom did you learn that? And why do you believe them and not 2,000 years of Christian teachings?

Have you been taught or do you believe that water baptism is a necessary thing for Christians to do?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's antithetical to the account, and disingenuous to your previous post.

you said they related the news/common-knowledge of the man called Jesus and ((to them)) the rumors of His miracle working.
you equated that to "ex cathedra" conceptually.

now you have completely changed your definition of ex-cathedra to meaning that their role 'News agency' was immediately accepted as authentic - as though Paul is Faux News in teh modern erra, so that U trust nothing that isn't on Parler or Newsmax, but if a flat-earth-youtube-vod sez so, then obv. it is tru.

but the fact is that Paul & Silas et.al ((were they completely alone? you think so?)) brought news from the Levant to the post-Alexandrian world writ-large, and moreover brought a theology. the Jews in Berea did not immediately accept that theology ((which is what your own cult's definition of 'ex-cathedra' explicitly & singularly refers to, not to common factual reporting of news)) but instead appealed to the Tanakh as authoritative, because they knew that scripture was from God, but did not assume that some human was authoritative merely on the basis that they held authoritative earthly position.

grow up. stop beating around the bush as though i'm an idiot who doesn't immediately see what you are doing.
the people who are reading this thread are not idiots either.
have some respect for us: you are wasting our time and insulting us speaking as though we do not comprehend the subtext of your supposed rebuttals.
Huh...?? o_O