Secure Eternal Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Complete lie. You should learn your Christian history instead of giving opinion.

Constantine did not invent Catholicism, he simply recognized it and let ALL people legally be Christian. Christians were having "Catholic masses" long before this "legalization" of Christianity. Three hundred years before Constantine it is very clear thru historical Christian documents that Christians believed in the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, honored Mary, had elaborate ceremonies, prayed for the dead, respected the Church hierarchy, baptized babies, recognized Peter as the Rock, built the Church upon him with successors and followed a rich tradition of Christianity. That was the Christianity of the early days of Christianity and that is the Catholic Church of today.

Well if you are talking about catholic (small c) then yes the catholic church was founded at penetceost. But as I am talking about the RCC it was born with Pope Leo.; conceived by Constantine and further western emperors. there is a huge difference between catholic and Roman Catholic.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But as I am talking about the RCC it was born with Pope Leo.; conceived by Constantine and further western emperors. there is a huge difference between catholic and Roman Catholic.
Nope, not true. Do some research. A list of Popes, men that were head of the Church in Rome, was first started by Ireneus who was a student of Polycarp who was a student of the Apostle John.

Yes, there is a difference between catholic and Catholic. Do you know why that happened?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
20200827110856_5f478411c2bf74d8ccdccd10jpeg.jpeg

-
-
""""""""The Roman Catholic Church teaches as dogma that the Virgin Mary, “having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.”[1] This doctrine was dogmatically and infallibly defined by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950""""

The Catholic Encyclopedia admits:

Regarding the day, year, and manner of Our Lady’s death, nothing certain is known…The dates assigned for it vary between three and fifteen years after Christ’s Ascension. Two cities claim to be the place of her departure: Jerusalem and Ephesus. Common consent favours Jerusalem, where her tomb is shown; but some argue in favour of Ephesus.

When did the "cult of Mary" begin ??

"""""" In the early part of the 3rd century, Hippolytus of Rome recorded the first liturgical reference to the Virgin Mary, as part of the ordination rite of a Bishop..
The Council of Ephesus in 431 sanctioned the cult of the virgin as Mother of God;
Then....
Pope Gregory’s reading of the role of Mary would be repeated by monks and priests. They would weave in to the Gospels his readings as if they were Gospel themselves soon forgetting that it was myth. The words of Gregory soon became a reality. The birth of the cult of the Virgin Mary had begun. She became a pure and perfect form of womanhood, an expectation of perfection within the female form. """"""

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

-
-
""""""""The Roman Catholic Church teaches as dogma that the Virgin Mary, “having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.”[1] This doctrine was dogmatically and infallibly defined by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950""""

Regarding the day, year, and manner of Our Lady’s death, nothing certain is known…The dates assigned for it vary between three and fifteen years after Christ’s Ascension. Two cities claim to be the place of her departure: Jerusalem and Ephesus. Common consent favours Jerusalem, where her tomb is shown; but some argue in favour of Ephesus.

"""""" In the early part of the 3rd century, Hippolytus of Rome recorded the first liturgical reference to the Virgin Mary, as part of the ordination rite of a Bishop..
The Council of Ephesus in 431 sanctioned the cult of the virgin as Mother of God;
Then....
Pope Gregory’s reading of the role of Mary would be repeated by monks and priests. They would weave in to the Gospels his readings as if they were Gospel themselves soon forgetting that it was myth. The words of Gregory soon became a reality. The birth of the cult of the Virgin Mary had begun. She became a pure and perfect form of womanhood, an expectation of perfection within the female form. """"""
A internet troll is a person who posts inflammatory, off-topic messages in an online community with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses or manipulating others' perception. This is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or manipulating a political process. Even so, Internet trolling can also be defined as purposefully causing confusion or harm to other users online, for no reason at all!!

I love that picture/painting. Where is that?

Reactions: Illuminator

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will agree you are cracked up. Blathering on and on about nonsense.
Not interested.
Then why do you keep responding (butting in) to my post's when I am not even conversing with you??? Your actions prove YOU ARE INTERESTED!! ;)

I love proving you wrong....do you ever get tired of being proven wrong?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beware the deceptions of men . Let us learn our bible and cling to that JESUS .
Each individual man learns his bible on his own and comes up with his own interpretation and each individual man believes he has the HIS truth of what Jesus taught......you do know that the bible doesn't teach that theory? Right?

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

-
-

Then....
This shows us the depth, breadth, length, and height of the enemies' Deception.
So thankful and joyful I was able to RUN from it decades ago.

Oh, IF only Christ's diligent students would "do the Same" with
God's Word Of TRUTH!
Amen?:

Eph 3:17 That Christ May Dwell in your hearts by
faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints
what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

Eph 3:19 And to know The Love of Christ, Which Passeth
knowledge, that ye might be Filled With All The Fulness of God.

GRACE And Peace (Never found in religions)...

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So thankful and joyful I was able to RUN from it decades ago..
Really? The Catholic Church, of which you 'ran from', is your enemy?

Interesting.....:rolleyes:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hi GG,

It would be nice if Protestants could coalesce behind one person (entity) but that will never happen!

There already is an "authoritative body of theologians/scholars"! Some choose to accept them. Some don't.

Mary
LOL
Don't hold your breath.

Can't remember who, but a prominent Protestant person said that we will be splintering even more and the faith will become washed down unless we learn to agree and become strong...I'm speaking of Protestantism.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, but due to man's pride this will not happen.
And forget about Catholics and Protestants becoming united.
Who would give in to who? (neither side).

I watched an interview with Pope Francis on an Italian celebrity talk-show (a serious one) that's on every Sunday evening.
I couldn't even believe he would be on such a program.
They did a nice job of it...but I really think this Pope is too worldly for me and I, along with many of my Catholic friends, are waiting for him to vacate his office. Many are alarmed at this feeling they have because they've believed all their life that the Pope is to be respected even if they don't agree with him at times -- they can't seem to be able to respect this one. I agree.
And I was dismayed that in 40 minutes of talking he mentioned our Lord at the end and in just one or two sentences.

BTW, it's not your fault!
:)

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL
Don't hold your breath.

Can't remember who, but a prominent Protestant person said that we will be splintering even more and the faith will become washed down unless we learn to agree and become strong...I'm speaking of Protestantism.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, but due to man's pride this will not happen.
And forget about Catholics and Protestants becoming united.
Who would give in to who? (neither side).

I watched an interview with Pope Francis on an Italian celebrity talk-show (a serious one) that's on every Sunday evening.
I couldn't even believe he would be on such a program.
They did a nice job of it...but I really think this Pope is too worldly for me and I, along with many of my Catholic friends, are waiting for him to vacate his office. Many are alarmed at this feeling they have because they've believed all their life that the Pope is to be respected even if they don't agree with him at times -- they can't seem to be able to respect this one. I agree.
And I was dismayed that in 40 minutes of talking he mentioned our Lord at the end and in just one or two sentences.

BTW, it's not your fault!
:)
I am not fond of Francis either. :(

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

-
-

Then....
Hey Behold,
What does the above have to do with Secure Eternal Salvation?
Just curious....

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well if you are talking about catholic (small c) then yes the catholic church was founded at penetceost. But as I am talking about the RCC it was born with Pope Leo.; conceived by Constantine and further western emperors.
The term ‘pope’ is from the Greek word ‘pappas’ which means ‘Father.’ In the first three centuries it was used of any bishop, and eventually the term was used for the Bishop of Alexandria, and finally by the sixth century it was used exclusively for the Bishop of Rome. Therefore it is an open question who was the first ‘pope’ as such.

The critics of the Catholic Church aren’t really worried about when the term ‘pope’ was first used. What they mean when they say that Leo the Great (440-461) was the first pope is that this is when the papacy began to assume worldly power. This is, therefore, simply a problem in definition of terms. By ‘pope’ the Evangelical means what I thought of as ‘pope’ after my Evangelical childhood. By ‘pope’ they mean ‘corrupt earthly ruler’. In that respect Leo the Great might be termed the ‘first pope’ because he was the one, (in the face of the disintegrating Roman Empire) who stepped up and got involved in temporal power without apology.

However, seeing the pope as merely a temporal ruler and disapproving is to be too simplistic. Catholics understand the pope’s power to be spiritual. While certain popes did assume temporal power, they often did so reluctantly, and did not always wield that power in a corrupt way. Whether popes should have assumed worldly wealth and power is arguable, but at the heart of their ministry, like the Lord they served, they should have known that their kingdom was not of this world. Their rule was to be hierarchical and monarchical in the sense that they were serving the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. It was not first and foremost to be hierarchical and monarchical in the worldly sense.

The Protestant idea that the papacy was a fifth century invention relies on a false understanding of the papacy itself. After the establishment of the church at Constantine’s conversion the church hierarchy did indeed become more influential in the kingdoms of this world, but that is not the essence of the papacy. The essence of the papacy lies in Jesus’ ordination of Peter as his royal steward, and his commission to assume the role of Good Shepherd in Christ’s absence. The idea, therefore, that Leo the Great was the first ‘pope’ is a red herring based on a misunderstanding of the pope’s true role.
Authority of the First Popes - Fr. Dwight Longenecker

there is a huge difference between catholic and Roman Catholic.
The Anglicans coined the term "Roman Catholic" because they wanted to keep what little apostolicity they had, and still call themselves "catholic". "RCC", to designate all Catholics, pays no attention to the other 22+ rites. It's inaccurate. Professional liars like Matt Slick are too proud to be corrected. Use "CC" instead of "RCC". Please.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Complete lie. You should learn your Christian history instead of giving opinion.

Constantine did not invent Catholicism, he simply recognized it and let ALL people legally be Christian. Christians were having "Catholic masses" long before this "legalization" of Christianity. Three hundred years before Constantine it is very clear thru historical Christian documents that Christians believed in the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, honored Mary, had elaborate ceremonies, prayed for the dead, respected the Church hierarchy, baptized babies, recognized Peter as the Rock, built the Church upon him with successors and followed a rich tradition of Christianity. That was the Christianity of the early days of Christianity and that is the Catholic Church of today.

See that you all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery as you would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is administered either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude of the people also be; even as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. —Ignatius of Antioch, Letter to the Smyrnaeans, 110AD

But inasmuch as love suffers me not to be silent in regard to you, I have therefore taken upon me first to exhort you that you would all run together in accordance with the will of God. For even Jesus Christ, our inseparable life, is the manifested will of the Father; as also bishops, settled everywhere to the utmost bounds of the earth, are so by the will of Jesus Christ… Let us be careful, then, not to set ourselves in opposition to the bishop, in order that we may be subject to God. — Ignatius of Antioch, Letter to the Ephesians, 108AD

Ignatius, also called Theophorus, to the Church that has found mercy in the greatness of the Most High Father and in Jesus Christ, his only son; to the Church beloved and enlightened after the love of Jesus Christ, our God, by the will of him that has willed everything which is; to the Church which also holds the presidency in the place of the country of the Romans, worthy of God, worthy of honor, worthy of blessing, worthy of praise, worthy of success, worthy of sanctification, and because you hold the presidency of love, named after Christ and named after the Father; here therefore do I salute in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father. —Letter to the Romans, Intro 108AD

So stop with your lies.....:cool:

64setx.jpg

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So thankful and joyful I was able to RUN from it decades ago.

Oh, IF only Christ's diligent students would "do the Same" with
God's Word Of TRUTH! Amen?:

Eph 3:17 That Christ May Dwell in your hearts by
faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints
what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

Eph 3:19 And to know The Love of Christ, Which Passeth
knowledge, that ye might be Filled With All The Fulness of God.

GRACE And Peace (Never found in religions)...

Amen brother!
Gods Grace is His Desire to Favor all men.
Gods Peace is His Desire to Fill all men with Joy.
Mans Will is to Freely accept Gods Offerings of Grace and Peace.

Satans Desire is to Control through Oppression.
Satans Cunningness is to make Control and Oppression appear Desirable.
Mans Will is to Freely accept Satans Offerings of Control and Oppression.

Agree.
Many organized Religions broadly operate through Control and Oppression.

Glory to our Great God Almighty,
Taken

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, not true. Do some research. A list of Popes, men that were head of the Church in Rome, was first started by Ireneus who was a student of Polycarp who was a student of the Apostle John.

Yes, there is a difference between catholic and Catholic. Do you know why that happened?

Well there were Popes but they were not head of all fo the church in the western side of the empire! They may have headed the church in Rome but not in Alexandria or Antioch etc. Until Constantine ended the persecutions, the church was pretty much guided by the local bishops with some cooperation between cities.

I would love to see Ireneus lkist! As there was a church and a bishop in Rome long before Peter got there, it would be interesting to see!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term ‘pope’ is from the Greek word ‘pappas’ which means ‘Father.’ In the first three centuries it was used of any bishop, and eventually the term was used for the Bishop of Alexandria, and finally by the sixth century it was used exclusively for the Bishop of Rome. Therefore it is an open question who was the first ‘pope’ as such.

The critics of the Catholic Church aren’t really worried about when the term ‘pope’ was first used. What they mean when they say that Leo the Great (440-461) was the first pope is that this is when the papacy began to assume worldly power. This is, therefore, simply a problem in definition of terms. By ‘pope’ the Evangelical means what I thought of as ‘pope’ after my Evangelical childhood. By ‘pope’ they mean ‘corrupt earthly ruler’. In that respect Leo the Great might be termed the ‘first pope’ because he was the one, (in the face of the disintegrating Roman Empire) who stepped up and got involved in temporal power without apology.

However, seeing the pope as merely a temporal ruler and disapproving is to be too simplistic. Catholics understand the pope’s power to be spiritual. While certain popes did assume temporal power, they often did so reluctantly, and did not always wield that power in a corrupt way. Whether popes should have assumed worldly wealth and power is arguable, but at the heart of their ministry, like the Lord they served, they should have known that their kingdom was not of this world. Their rule was to be hierarchical and monarchical in the sense that they were serving the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. It was not first and foremost to be hierarchical and monarchical in the worldly sense.

The Protestant idea that the papacy was a fifth century invention relies on a false understanding of the papacy itself. After the establishment of the church at Constantine’s conversion the church hierarchy did indeed become more influential in the kingdoms of this world, but that is not the essence of the papacy. The essence of the papacy lies in Jesus’ ordination of Peter as his royal steward, and his commission to assume the role of Good Shepherd in Christ’s absence. The idea, therefore, that Leo the Great was the first ‘pope’ is a red herring based on a misunderstanding of the pope’s true role.
Authority of the First Popes - Fr. Dwight Longenecker

The Anglicans coined the term "Roman Catholic" because they wanted to keep what little apostolicity they had, and still call themselves "catholic". "RCC", to designate all Catholics, pays no attention to the other 22+ rites. It's inaccurate. Professional liars like Matt Slick are too proud to be corrected. Use "CC" instead of "RCC". Please.

Well if scholars and Cleric can use RCC I shall as well. There may bve 23-24 churches called Catholic in their title, but Rome claims supremacy over them all! so roman Catholic Church is well known and recognized.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
There is the Archbishop of Canterbury - Justin Welby - who is the highest rank in the Anglican church worldwide.
LOL
I don't think he'll cut the mustard !
I was just kidding anyway.
I don't think there could ever be an authoritative figure that would represent all of Protestantism.
That's because we don't all have the same beliefs...

Reactions: Pearl