See if this helps you understand salvation…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Jun2u said:
Well, when a Christian dies there is a separation between body and soul. As the body which has not yet been saved goes to the grave, the soul which was given eternal life goes to be with the Lord. This is a fundamental principle the scriptures teach and very clearly seen not a nebulous as you’ve said.
Please consider that you may be completely deceived, and may have vastly misinterpreted the understanding of "Eternity," wherein you have assumed that it is all about you, in some nebulous future that you have been assured you do not know, already, only now alla sudden you seem to know dang good, i mean you know this, bro, for a fact, i can just feel it oozing out of you and you know what? You don't know a m^%$r f$%^ng thing, bro, and i am telling you this from the heart ok. Understand I AM

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jun2u said:
Some scriptures are doubled which contain words almost alike. They are said to have an idea of conveying the same thought that is, driving home a point.
You have challenged me to produce a verse or passage that seem to convey the same thought as 2 Corinthians 5:8 which you think does not exist. I love it when challenged for it gives me more opportunity to delve into scriptures. So for your eyes only.
Philippians 1:23-24
For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better...Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
That is, Paul is saying it is better to depart (die) and to be with Christ, but it is more expedient for him to stay for the sake of the Gospel.
yes, and you are interpreting this as if Paul could not wait to die, thus missing the intent of "in the body" entirely, wadr. Paul would have rather been somewhere wandering around behind the little animals, and grooving with a Pict, ok, and communing with Word, over feeling obligated to feed little children baby food.

Paul was not anxious to die, and this is a complete exposure of the whole, death-centered model, to suggest that he was.

Se, you are going to confess what you believe and have faith in, no matter what you literally confess, and say you believe.
You cannot hide in Scripture. Check yourself, please.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
skypair said:
Adam was created innocent in the presence of God and good while knowing no evil. When Adam sinned (and when we sin), we know evil in our minds and desire evil in our hearts thereby turning away from God and good.
We, on the other hand, are born innocent in the presence of man and evil while knowing nothing of God and good. When we sin, we know evil in our minds and desire evil in our hearts (very important).

Now when Adam or we come to God, we remember/know God and the standard of good in our minds and, if we repent in our hearts desiring good rather than evil — truth rather than lies — God gives us His Spirit of God and good (His righteousness) so that with our hearts, our souls, we know only God and good, 1Jn 3:9. Though our minds may still remember evil and perform evil, it is not our/the Spirit's desire in us to do evil anymore.

The main thing to realize is that salvation engages both our minds (spirits) and our hearts (souls). Changing our minds about God and assuming that He has sovereignly accomplished His salvation in you all by Himself is the lie that your mind continues to believe if you have not repented receiving Him into your heart.

skypair
It's an idea, I'll tell you that. Before Adam and eve knew good or evil, was it a good motive or evil motive to eat from the tree of life?

Kaboom! My head just exploded

Time for a new head.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
:)

nice. ya, our concept there has been completely skewed. God was not surprised when Eve ate. You gotta eat to become gods.

"Who told you that you were naked?"

expresses God's opinion on the matter perfectly imo.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
bbyrd009 said:
:)

nice. ya, our concept there has been completely skewed. God was not surprised when Eve ate. You gotta eat to become gods.

"Who told you that you were naked?"

expresses God's opinion on the matter perfectly imo.
Makes me wonder why people use apple trees to portray the tree of knowledge in movies about Adam and Eve.

Then you're told

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away."

And children give apple's to their teachers for some reason.

And they like using apple's in photo shoots.

And there's that quote

"She's the apple of my eye."

Weird.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
biotheist said:
It's an idea, I'll tell you that. Before Adam and eve knew good or evil, was it a good motive or evil motive to eat from the tree of life?

Kaboom! My head just exploded

Time for a new head.
What did your head explode for?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
Please consider that you may be completely deceived, and may have vastly misinterpreted the understanding of "Eternity," wherein you have assumed that it is all about you, in some nebulous future that you have been assured you do not know, already, only now alla sudden you seem to know dang good, i mean you know this, bro, for a fact, i can just feel it oozing out of you and you know what? You don't know a m^%$r f$%^ng thing, bro, and i am telling you this from the heart ok. Understand I AM
You 'am' what?

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
biotheist said:
Makes me wonder why people use apple trees to portray the tree of knowledge in movies about Adam and Eve.

Then you're told

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away."

And children give apple's to their teachers for some reason.

And they like using apple's in photo shoots.

And there's that quote

"She's the apple of my eye."

Weird.
ha ya, David was "the apple of God's eye," ya. Doesn't have the same meaning today though, i guess, as when you could get hanged for stealing one of the "Lord's" apples (as in "...of the Manor") i guess apples (that weren't crab-apples) used to be a big deal?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
biotheist said:
I don't know what your asking, OK can we move past this head exploding question.

LoL.
It is your statement. You apparently were so in awe of your understanding, that your head exploded. I was just wonderning why? See your reply #64. If you don't know what I am asking, then you don't know what you are saying.

Stranger

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
Stranger said:
It is your statement. You apparently were so in awe of your understanding, that your head exploded. I was just wonderning why? See your reply #64. If you don't know what I am asking, then you don't know what you are saying.

Stranger
I don't some times, is that OK with you.

But you are right, my head was puffed up quite a bit. I really need to put that in order, I apologize.

ooo (There hugs not triple zero)