See You In Heaven (No More Excuses)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyruke

Aug 25, 2023
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, I have a friend who asked me to share a message to other Christians. She is not very tech savy and doesn't know how to post anything on the internet, so I told her I would do it for her. This was the best place I could think of to get her message out to other Christians.

See You in Heaven

No More Excuses

How many times do you go to church and return home without telling anyone about Jesus the rest of the week? Most of us are guilty of this. It’s time to face up to the truth. Where is the love? Foolish pride is our enemy.

There is a way to overcome this. Give a non-believer a gift of love with a letter. You can use the letter we have included or make your own. Do not worry about who to give the gift to. God will direct you. All you have to do is pray. We know this is not hard to do.

Here is a list of items you will need:
1) Bible (Walmart has NIV Bibles for $12.95)
2) A letter
3) Gift Bag (99 cent store, Dollar Tree, etc…) Card or bows are optional.

P.S. You can include other inspirational documents such as: “A Strong Woman Versus A Women of Strength” or “The Right Kind Of Faith,” etc. Please spread the word to others for the hour grows late. Remember we are soldiers in God’s army.

It’s not easy to reach out to others, but if God puts it in your heart, you obey. I know God came to earth and put on flesh, born of the Virgin Mary and went to the cross to die for our sins. He took our place. Jesus did more than this. He rose on the third day and overcame death. That means you will never die. You have only two choices in life. Where will you live the rest of your life?

I made a choice to be with Jesus forever, where sin does not exist. If you want to know where I am going to live it’s called the New Jerusalem.

Billions of people will live in hell in the Lake of Fire in total darkness where the worm never dies. They will be tormented forever. No one will come to rescue them. No one will hug or kiss them. Love does not exist in hell. You will long for someone to dip their little finger in water and place it on your tongue.

[Read Revelation Chapters 21 & 22 or Revelation Chapter 14:9-12]

Do you know the enemy (Satan) tried to deceive me? I thought I had to clean up my life before God would accept me. This was a big fat lie. If I could do it on my own, why did Jesus die for me? You come as you are.

If you ask Jesus to forgive you and ask him into your life as Lord and Savior beware of the enemy. Every time you make a mistake, he will throw it in your face. When God saves us, he forgives all our sins: past, present, and future. Tell Satan that Jesus does not condemn us!

• Love
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, I have a friend who asked me to share a message to other Christians. She is not very tech savy and doesn't know how to post anything on the internet, so I told her I would do it for her. This was the best place I could think of to get her message out to other Christians.

See You in Heaven

No More Excuses

How many times do you go to church and return home without telling anyone about Jesus the rest of the week? Most of us are guilty of this. It’s time to face up to the truth. Where is the love? Foolish pride is our enemy.

There is a way to overcome this. Give a non-believer a gift of love with a letter. You can use the letter we have included or make your own. Do not worry about who to give the gift to. God will direct you. All you have to do is pray. We know this is not hard to do.

2) A letter

P.S. You can include other inspirational documents such as: “A Strong Woman Versus A Women of Strength” or “The Right Kind Of Faith,” etc. Please spread the word to others for the hour grows late. Remember we are soldiers in God’s army.

It’s not easy to reach out to others, but if God puts it in your heart, you obey. I know God came to earth and put on flesh, born of the Virgin Mary and went to the cross to die for our sins. He took our place. Jesus did more than this. He rose on the third day and overcame death. That means you will never die. You have only two choices in life. Where will you live the rest of your life?

I made a choice to be with Jesus forever, where sin does not exist. If you want to know where I am going to live it’s called the New Jerusalem.

Billions of people will live in hell in the Lake of Fire in total darkness where the worm never dies. They will be tormented forever. No one will come to rescue them. No one will hug or kiss them. Love does not exist in hell. You will long for someone to dip their little finger in water and place it on your tongue.

Do you know the enemy (Satan) tried to deceive me? I thought I had to clean up my life before God would accept me. This was a big fat lie. If I could do it on my own, why did Jesus die for me? You come as you are.

If you ask Jesus to forgive you and ask him into your life as Lord and Savior beware of the enemy. Every time you make a mistake, he will throw it in your face. When God saves us, he forgives all our sins: past, present, and future. Tell Satan that Jesus does not condemn us!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not condemn them, mankind make choices for themselves. Many do not want to believe that Jesus is their only way to salvation and eternal life...
I don't want to be impolite but words are important. Jesus never promised "eternal" life but everlasting life. The only thing eternal is God the Father.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2) A letter
I'm trying to imagine how I might react to this if I was on the receiving end.
And frankly, the OP is a bit unclear as to what is being recommended here.
But this appears to me to be a "strings attached" gift.
It smacks of "What can I do to get a conversion?"

People want genuine friends. They don't need to be bribed.
I hope I'm not being too harsh, but this strikes me the wrong way.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't want to be impolite but words are important. Jesus never promised "eternal" life but everlasting life. The only thing eternal is God the Father.
John 5:24 - Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
Acts 13:46 - And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, “It was necessary that the word of God be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it aside and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles.
Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Gal 6:8 - For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
Titus 3:7 - so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
1 John 2:25 - And this is the promise that he made to us—eternal life.
Jude 1:21 - keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.

And I could go on....you must have a different bible :stageright:

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5:24 - Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life.
I believe there is ZERO chance that Jesus said that believers would be "eternal". Eternal means no beginning. Here is a better translation.

John 5:24 CLNT
24 "Verily, verily, I am saying to you that he who is hearing My word and believing Him Who sends Me, has life eonian and is not coming into judging, but has proceeded out of death into life.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I could go on....you must have a different bible
Sadly, the KJV Bible is very poorly translated. Most English translations are based on the KJV and so they too are filled with translational errors. I used to believe that, somehow, the Holy Spirit would prevent that from happening but it's an indisputable fact that most English translations actually contradict themselves due to faulty translations.

I prefer reading the ESV because it's easy to read but, I often check verses against the Concordant Literal New Testament or Young's Literal Translation, particularly with verses related to time, such as "eternal", "everlasting", etc. You see, my sister, bad translations lead to bad doctrines and a complete misunderstanding of God, his nature, and his ways of working on us. :)

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See You in Heaven

No More Excuses

2) A letter

Blessings to you and your friend whom you served with this post.

It is so clear and as you know many will not know the message in the last part of your post.
May God continue to bless you both.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sadly, the KJV Bible is very poorly translated. Most English translations are based on the KJV and so they too are filled with translational errors. I used to believe that, somehow, the Holy Spirit would prevent that from happening but it's an indisputable fact that most English translations actually contradict themselves due to faulty translations.

I prefer reading the ESV because it's easy to read but, I often check verses against the Concordant Literal New Testament or Young's Literal Translation, particularly with verses related to time, such as "eternal", "everlasting", etc. You see, my sister, bad translations lead to bad doctrines and a complete misunderstanding of God, his nature, and his ways of working on us. :)

Strange?...the verses I quoted above are from the ESV which is one of my fave translations also. I do not use the KJV. :Broadly: Chkl:

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I believe we have a spirit which is eternal because we are spitiual beings. We also have a soul which will be judged accordingly and we have a body (the vehicle in which we function in). You have a corner market on the original scriptures? How do you know that the scriptures you believe in are true? Anyone can say that the verses above are mistranslations. Anyone can say that many of the bible verses are mistranslations of the original because their beliefs do not include certain scripture that state otherwise...where is your evidence?

Last edited:

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe we have a spirit which is eternal because we are spitiual beings. We also have a soul which will be judged accordingly and we have a body (the vehicle in which we function in). You have a corner market on the original scriptures? How do you know that the scriptures you believe in are true?
Anyone with a basic understanding of the English language can see that most of the English translation Bibles contradict themselves, numerous times. Incorrect translations lead to incorrect doctrines and a significant misunderstanding of God and how he works on us. I'm just trying to be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.