Mentally terrorized by gaslighting

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I’m on public assistance. It’s been this way for over a decade now. I had a bright future ahead of me: Having graduated no. 9 in my high school class, I aspired to get a Master of Arts degree in English at a local university. I’ve been a talented writer since a young age, my command of the English language being at the height of excellence, and I wanted to get a career as an editor, contract writer, or some other profession where my writing skills could be put to good use. I also had plans to work on novels to supplement my income. According to BLS statistics, a senior editor (a rank I would have achieved by my current age) earns on average $94,000 a year. Basically, if it weren’t for the bad things that happened to me, I would be set for life by now. Instead I’m on the dole and live with my parents at an embarrassing age.

What are the bad things that happened to me? It’s a lot to explain, much of it uncomfortable to talk about and would be a source of shame, embarrassment, and humiliation; and most of it isn’t believable in the first place, so it’s a moot point. But God promised to make things up to me, and his compensation with a financial miracle to right these wrongs will happen within two to three months, give or take a fortnight.

Not all of God’s compensation for the terrors I had to endure—and the subsequent destruction of my would-be prosperous life as a successful English major and career editor—will be monetary. I’m a mid-thirties virgin with no girlfriend before, so naturally I can’t stand the thought of marrying someone who isn’t a virgin and had boyfriends before. The jealousy is just too extreme for me to tolerate. Why should I have never dated before but marry someone with busloads of previous sex partners? Or even one or two sex partners? It’s infuriating. I had to languish on welfare, doing nothing all day for half my life, while she was enjoying men who weren’t me, and they all got to go to college and have lovely careers and live lovely lives. This is something that gives me rage-induced conniptions, to put it mildly. I’m jealous to extreme degrees; and my extreme jealousy cannot be cured even if I were forced to sleep with one hundred women (which I don’t want to do in the first place).

So what is this additional compensation I am talking about? God is going to help me meet a wife who is a virgin with no boyfriend before. She is a foreign girl from Ethiopia, and God will tell me where I will meet her, and God will use his abilities to make our relationship lead to marriage. She is much younger than me, and she is beautiful, her features adorable. She is perfect for me and perfect in every practical sense. I’ve seen hundreds of visions of her; I love her so much already, even though I haven’t met her on my world yet.

Well last night a disturbing experience happened. A future daughter appeared to me last night, even though I haven’t had sex before and therefore cannot possibly be a father. She was 9 years old, an adorable girl. She warned me of a terrible extramarital affair that I am going to have some time during my future marriage; and that the affair would be so bad to the extent that God would condemn me to the Ninth Circle of Hell where I would freeze for all eternity for betraying my wife.

I was incredulous about this atrocious prophecy: Hasn’t God already given me hundreds of visions of the Ninth Circle before? Hasn’t he warned me about it hundreds of times more? Let me be clear: I am not a cheater! I want to love my wife and be faithful forever for all eternity, even when we become angels in heaven.

I asked my daughter how I could avoid it. She said it isn’t possible to avoid it, an idea that is incredulous because I’ve been warned about it so many times. God gives me heads-up about other subjects where I’m in danger, so why wouldn’t he give me a heads-up before the so-called affair is about to transpire? I’ve trusted God all my life, and there isn’t any reason not to trust him to help me in the future should something terrible like this arise.

My daughter’s answer: No. She continued and said, “The best you can do is work to clean up afterwards,” whatever that was supposed to mean.

I really disliked this experience from heaven. I am not a cheater, I am not a cheater, I am not a cheater! Do I have to say it a hundred more times for emphasis? And even if I were some helpless adulterer, hasn’t God always given me heads-up experiences before unrelated bad events are about to transpire so I can avoid them? None of this makes any sense to me!

I want an answer from God. I resent being called a cheater and portrayed and a helpless adulterer who is going to the Ninth Circle. Please God talk to me and clear things up. And if what you, God, say is true, then what must I do to avoid it?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I’m on public assistance. It’s been this way for over a decade now. I had a bright future ahead of me: Having graduated no. 9 in my high school class, I aspired to get a Master of Arts degree in English at a local university. I’ve been a talented writer since a young age, my command of the English language being at the height of excellence, and I wanted to get a career as an editor, contract writer, or some other profession where my writing skills could be put to good use. I also had plans to work on novels to supplement my income. According to BLS statistics, a senior editor (a rank I would have achieved by my current age) earns on average $94,000 a year. Basically, if it weren’t for the bad things that happened to me, I would be set for life by now. Instead I’m on the dole and live with my parents at an embarrassing age.

What are the bad things that happened to me? It’s a lot to explain, much of it uncomfortable to talk about and would be a source of shame, embarrassment, and humiliation; and most of it isn’t believable in the first place, so it’s a moot point. But God promised to make things up to me, and his compensation with a financial miracle to right these wrongs will happen within two to three months, give or take a fortnight.

Not all of God’s compensation for the terrors I had to endure—and the subsequent destruction of my would-be prosperous life as a successful English major and career editor—will be monetary. I’m a mid-thirties virgin with no girlfriend before, so naturally I can’t stand the thought of marrying someone who isn’t a virgin and had boyfriends before. The jealousy is just too extreme for me to tolerate. Why should I have never dated before but marry someone with busloads of previous sex partners? Or even one or two sex partners? It’s infuriating. I had to languish on welfare, doing nothing all day for half my life, while she was enjoying men who weren’t me, and they all got to go to college and have lovely careers and live lovely lives. This is something that gives me rage-induced conniptions, to put it mildly. I’m jealous to extreme degrees; and my extreme jealousy cannot be cured even if I were forced to sleep with one hundred women (which I don’t want to do in the first place).

So what is this additional compensation I am talking about? God is going to help me meet a wife who is a virgin with no boyfriend before. She is a foreign girl from Ethiopia, and God will tell me where I will meet her, and God will use his abilities to make our relationship lead to marriage. She is much younger than me, and she is beautiful, her features adorable. She is perfect for me and perfect in every practical sense. I’ve seen hundreds of visions of her; I love her so much already, even though I haven’t met her on my world yet.

Well last night a disturbing experience happened. A future daughter appeared to me last night, even though I haven’t had sex before and therefore cannot possibly be a father. She was 9 years old, an adorable girl. She warned me of a terrible extramarital affair that I am going to have some time during my future marriage; and that the affair would be so bad to the extent that God would condemn me to the Ninth Circle of Hell where I would freeze for all eternity for betraying my wife.

I was incredulous about this atrocious prophecy: Hasn’t God already given me hundreds of visions of the Ninth Circle before? Hasn’t he warned me about it hundreds of times more? Let me be clear: I am not a cheater! I want to love my wife and be faithful forever for all eternity, even when we become angels in heaven.

I asked my daughter how I could avoid it. She said it isn’t possible to avoid it, an idea that is incredulous because I’ve been warned about it so many times. God gives me heads-up about other subjects where I’m in danger, so why wouldn’t he give me a heads-up before the so-called affair is about to transpire? I’ve trusted God all my life, and there isn’t any reason not to trust him to help me in the future should something terrible like this arise.

My daughter’s answer: No. She continued and said, “The best you can do is work to clean up afterwards,” whatever that was supposed to mean.

I really disliked this experience from heaven. I am not a cheater, I am not a cheater, I am not a cheater! Do I have to say it a hundred more times for emphasis? And even if I were some helpless adulterer, hasn’t God always given me heads-up experiences before unrelated bad events are about to transpire so I can avoid them? None of this makes any sense to me!

I want an answer from God. I resent being called a cheater and portrayed and a helpless adulterer who is going to the Ninth Circle. Please God talk to me and clear things up. And if what you, God, say is true, then what must I do to avoid it?

I have my share of supernatural communications from the Lord God...and this doesn't sound like Him. You may have had a familiar spirit come say these things to you to try to break down your faith.

I know one thing for sure about cheating because I was married for 26 years and had plenty of chances to cheat. And I thought, I don't want to be that guy. It can never be hidden, those things always come out...and then you get a label that sticks for a long time! The choice to cheat or not is only up to you. No spirit can make you cheat. I did not want to be that guy. I wanted to be the guy who never cheated and was married to one wife. You don't have to be that guy who cheats. Even if a silly evil spirit tells you that you can't avoid it, lol!

Scripture tells us that we are supposed to test these spirits. You know that dont you?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're writing--that's good!

The affair is not with a women. It's a parable.

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rather than sitting around hoping for God to deliver you a miracle on a silver platter, I'd suggest getting up, dust yourself off, and do something to help yourself to the degree you're able. Find a church or Christian-based support group. One thing I know for certain, sitting around doing nothing, pining, wishing, dreaming, will result only in further despair. I don't mean this in a condescending, insulting way; I truly would like to see you succeed. All the best.

Reactions: Jericho and ScottA

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the bad things that happened to me? It’s a lot to explain, much of it uncomfortable to talk about and would be a source of shame, embarrassment, and humiliation;
Probably best if you don't tell us anyway. Unfortunately there are many Christians who lack compassion and some might even blame you for them (I am sure that if someone wrote about being stabbed, someone else would blame them for being in the way of their attacker's knife).

Instead I’m on the dole and live with my parents at an embarrassing age.
Don't feel too down about it, a lot of people are thanks to this trainwreck of an economy we have.

I can’t stand the thought of marrying someone who isn’t a virgin and had boyfriends before.
Unfortunately you may not have a choice. While we, as Christians, should strive to marry virtuous people, sometimes it just isn't possible— especially in our sexed-up culture. I hope this won't discourage you but finding a virgin is going to get harder as you get older. I think you said you want someone younger because it increases the chances of her being a virgin.

The jealousy is just too extreme for me to tolerate. Why should I have never dated before but marry someone with busloads of previous sex partners? Or even one or two sex partners? It’s infuriating. I had to languish on welfare, doing nothing all day for half my life, while she was enjoying men who weren’t me, and they all got to go to college and have lovely careers and live lovely lives.
This sounds like extreme jealousy and could be toxic in a potential relationship. Remember that envy is a deadly sin and that jealousy is not love. There is more to life and relationships than just sex. And even if a potential mate has had sex before, that doesn't mean they enjoyed it or were having a great life.

God is going to help me meet a wife who is a virgin with no boyfriend before. She is a foreign girl from Ethiopia, and God will tell me where I will meet her, and God will use his abilities to make our relationship lead to marriage.
You don't know that. He may want you to be single and chaste your whole life. Exactly how do you plan on meeting an Ethiopian if you lack resources? And what have you done to try to find a mate?

Not trying to sound rude but do you have some form of schizophrenia or other mental condition? And how do you know it wasn't a dream? Have you considered, if it was neither some sort of hallucination or dream, that it could be a demon trying to get you to commit adultery if you find a girlfriend? If it somehow was a demon, it could have been trying to either convince you to sin to destroy your soul or ruin a potentially good relationship.

And even if I were some helpless adulterer, hasn’t God always given me heads-up experiences before unrelated bad events are about to transpire so I can avoid them?
It honestly doesn't sound like He has so far.

And if what you, God, say is true, then what must I do to avoid it?
Simply by not committing adultery. If it is something you can control, and you CAN control it, then simply don't do it. Fight the temptation.

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A future daughter appeared to me last night, even though I haven’t had sex before and therefore cannot possibly be a father. She was 9 years old, an adorable girl. She warned me of a terrible extramarital affair that I am going to have some time during my future marriage; and that the affair would be so bad to the extent that God would condemn me to the Ninth Circle of Hell where I would freeze for all eternity for betraying my wife.
I lovingly suggest that you talk with a mental health professional and explain to them the details of this occurance.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have a vivid and wild imagination:"...and that the affair would be so bad to the extent that God would condemn me to the Ninth Circle of Hell where I would freeze for all eternity for betraying my wife..."

And what would that mean, the affair would be so bad? So bad is not so good.

So then Hell would also freeze over for you, for not being so good? That's a different and novel take on the commonly used expression for a condition of Hell, "when h\Hell freezes over."

Maybe you seek some much needed attention. And now you have some.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God promised to make things up to me, and his compensation with a financial miracle to right these wrongs

How was this communicated to you?

A future daughter appeared to me last night

Demons are at work here, you didn't realize that yet?

Hasn’t God already given me hundreds of visions of the Ninth Circle before?

No, the Lord hasn't but some demons have.

I lovingly suggest that you talk with a mental health professional and explain to them the details of this occurance.

They will just recommend a long stay at the funny farm so getting shrinks involved is not the answer.

They need to pastor knowledgeable in God's Word that can cast out devils and teach how to be a disciple.