Seeing into the Spirit realm.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 13, 2022
Honolulu
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On Sunday in Sunday School before church started, I heard that some (three people) could see a glow around the pastor as he was preaching. I asked God to give me that ability, and sure enough after the announcements and into his preaching, I saw it and it continued until he was done preaching. It was pure white and bright. Once it shot up from his head about a foot.

Maybe that is how discernment of spirits actually operates. I'm not sure. I have a friend who sees when someone has an attachment of something evil. It appears like a dark shadow around them. She has also seen the actual demon. They looked like some kind of monkey or small gargoyle. I want this gift too because of all the con-artists who claim they need my help that I've come across who I have befriended and they have robbed me. It would be good to stay clear of them by seeing what is attached to them - a deceiving spirit.

Does anyone else have this gift? Positive replies only please. No unbelieving scoffers - Psalms 1:1

Hi and thank you for an interesting question, one of those with many answers and/or experiences as well...

In my experiences, God "reveals" certain "Gifts" to His Children in HIS perfect timing, and to build up the Body of Christ and assist in ways of God's Holy Spirit's guidance and promptings, etc...

From when I was a little girl, I remember seeing things that wasn't of this world, but I had no mature Christians in my life to help nurture my God-Given Gifts...

One day hubby and I took our granddaughters (11 and 2 yr. olds) to Baskin N Robbins, the store was decorated for halloween. Our 2 yr. old grandbaby asked her Papa, "What's that BIG ugly scary thing hanging in the corner?" Her Papa pointed to the black ghostly-gouly looking phantom decor above the ice cream freezers and told her to repeat after him..."YOU! Get OUT, IN JESUS' NAME!", as she repeated it out loudly too...:praying:

One day we had a family gathering at my cousin's place after a Celebration of Life services, and as I was standing at the food table, I discerned an evil presence, turning my attention to the upper right hand corner, I saw it and began praying in the Spirit quietly...Our 2 yr. old grandbaby walked up to me, she stopped, turned to look at the upper right corner of the food area, pointed to what she sees (that I'm also seeing too) and said, "YOU! GET OUT, IN JESUS NAME! GET OUT!", then it was gone and we continued to fill our plates with dessert! lol

My sister turned to our grandbaby and asked her, "Whatcha doing saying "In Jesus Name"?, don't say that!" I explained to her that that's what we taught her to do whenever she sees anything that makes her afraid or shouldn't be there (in physical and spirit). My sister said, "That's not good. How come MY grandkids don't have that Gift!" All I could say to her was, "You'd have to ask GOD about that!"

There's so many Gifts that God has armed us with, we just have to learn how to use them by surrendering wholeheartedly unto God...

When we were little, I WISHED I had mature Christians in our lives back then and to help us grow in our Christian walk sooner! lol When our Children and their Children and others in the Church share in their lives how the Lord is using them and to help others too, it's the kinds of Christian Communities that WE ALL need throughout the Churches networking together in Christ Jesus, touching every heart for God's Kingdom...From Glory to Glory! :praying:
:thumbsup:

Hippie

Dec 2, 2022
Rossville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I read there is deceiving. I can't see that as a gift. Just remember the bible says our enemy will come at us many different ways through people etc. That doesn't mean they are possessed it's just a way that the enemy will come at us to throw us off track. I don't even see that glow mentioned in the bible. None of the apostles or disciples. We have Gods Word that guides us through or daily walk to eternity. We follow the footsteps of Jesus. There will be many things on our journey that will confuse us try to make us go astray from our daily walk. Our everyday walk is a one way street with Jesus leading the way. Someone showed me this once, what the word BIBLE spells. B Basic I Instructions B Before L Leaving E Earth.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I read there is deceiving. I can't see that as a gift. Just remember the bible says our enemy will come at us many different ways through people etc. That doesn't mean they are possessed it's just a way that the enemy will come at us to throw us off track. I don't even see that glow mentioned in the bible. None of the apostles or disciples. We have Gods Word that guides us through or daily walk to eternity. We follow the footsteps of Jesus. There will be many things on our journey that will confuse us try to make us go astray from our daily walk. Our everyday walk is a one way street with Jesus leading the way. Someone showed me this once, what the word BIBLE spells. B Basic I Instructions B Before L Leaving E Earth.

I concur.
The Spirit of God  IS  NOT under our control but rather we are to yield to His power!

Some ppl mess around in God's business of the spiritual realm thinking to be closer but it instead leads one to be no better than a psychic, medium, soothsayer, witch, or any other occult activity.

BEWARE!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gifts are given to those who are yielded to and led by the Spirit. Those not just in the Spirit, but walking in the Spirit, if that helps you understand the difference biblically.

I fully understand the fullness of God and his Spirit.
I understand the manifestations, the gifts, the fruit of his Spirit and the order set up in his true church gatherings.
What I don't understand as Paul says why it is when you are gathered everyone hath a prophesy, a psalm and hath a tongue.
I equate these seekers into an occult state or pharaseeic state looking for signs and wonders.
I am fully baptized in the Holy Ghost and he prays through me many times in tongues and also utters when I study.
I have been blessed with the awesome gifts of teaching, wisdom and helps.
All must be done as the Spirit imparts and in decency and in order to edify the church, for He disperses them severally at his will,not ours.

We must not look into a realm ( demons/ angels) that is not ours nor seek to grasp the principalities or powers of the invisible world surrounding us.

It is enough to submit and trust him to know how to use us not for our own profit but that of the congregation!

Reactions: Nancy and David H.

Hippie

Dec 2, 2022
Rossville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In I Corinthians chapter 13 it tells us that those times will all go away. The apostles needed those gifts because they had to travel all over to preach Gods Word. The bible was not completed so what they taught and wrote was by the Holy Spirit. The bible is completed in every language so the gifts are no longer needed. Galatians 5: 22-25 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with his passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. These are the way we need to live our life and Gods word teaches us how to live this way.

Reactions: Cassandra

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In I Corinthians chapter 13 it tells us that those times will all go away. The apostles needed those gifts because they had to travel all over to preach Gods Word. The bible was not completed so what they taught and wrote was by the Holy Spirit. The bible is completed in every language so the gifts are no longer needed. Galatians 5: 22-25 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with his passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. These are the way we need to live our life and Gods word teaches us how to live this way.

How do you then account for Jackie Pullinger spending her whole adult life sharing Jesus with the addicts in Hong Kong ???

The gift of tongues is prominent in her ministry which has had such impact that the Government has made available housing and resources for the believers recovering from addiction.

I suggest you have a look at this interview she recently did...

Reactions: GTW27

Hippie

Dec 2, 2022
Rossville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw part of the video. I also read the history on her. It says that she went there and started helping people with the filthy way of living. Helped them kick the addicting bad habits. God has plans for everyone. That was possibly the plan that God had for her. From what I read relates to Galatians 5:22-25. The love joy peace patience goodness faithfulness gentleness and self-control. There are many ministries that started in different parts of the world from people in different countries. If you have the love joy of helping people anywhere. If it's Gods will he's not going to deny you from doing that cause you're doing it for God. Always keep the Love the Faith and the Trust. Keep God before you at all times. If it's Gods will happen. Remember he has plans for everyone.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have physical eyes, ears, and senses, and God made the heavens and then the ears, so we all have spiritual eyes, ears, and senses also!!

The problem is that we think in fleshy or worldly terms sooooooooooooo much that our spiritual sense are dull!! In fact we just don't use them or even try, so we just have sooooooo little ability to use them now.

In the Bible we come across this problem often, and it shows how this is a major problem for us. Now look at what was written in the OP and see how the author of the OP started seeing:

I asked God to give me that ability

OK - God had already given the person spiritual eyes and ears, and the other sense too - but because the person sought the Lord He then gave them the faith to believe Him for seeing! In fact all the gifts of the spirit basically are like that - meaning that we have God given abilities to operate with our spiritual sense but we lack the faith to operate with our spiritual senses. So, the gifts of the Spirit are as much just a matter of faith in the Lord. That is: we ask Him, Jesus Christ, because we believe He is there with us, and He then has His Holy Spirit hook up with our spirit, and make us aware of what is going on around us!

Thus, Jesus Christ is called "The Light of this world", because He lights up (makes us aware) of what is actually going on around us!!

So what is more incredible about this thread is the responses where people "wish" they could have this gift!!

You have the spiritual eyes and ears to see and hear, but you don't believe. We don't even believe enough in Him who we call the Lord to ask Him to 'light things' up for us. - or simply show us what we need to know. And that is why we read:

Mat 3:15 For this people's heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear,
and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes
and hear with their ears and understand with their heart
and turn, and I would heal them.'

Note that it reads that we actually are closing our eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yet we act like we wish they were open and wish that we could see!! We even act surprised when we ask and we do see with our spiritual eyes!

Of course, I am a person too, and I have the same problem. I can tell you how many times the Lord has gotten on to me about seeing more with my spiritual eyes!!!

Frankly, I find it weird! It does become interesting really quickly, like mentioned in the OP and by others posting. Still He has told me, "Karl you wouldn't drive a car with your eyes closed, so why do you walk around with your spiritual eyes closed?"

I respond to Him, "Because it is weird Lord" It is weird, but it can be extremely useful - however it needs to be combined with our other spiritual senses!!

Paul explained that He took all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ. So essentially what we need to do is see with our spiritual eyes and talk to our Lord Jesus Christ, who said He would never leave us, to get explanations. He will shows us (light up) what is going on around us!

People, what we have in Jesus Christ is the "GIFT OF GOD"!!! So why are you thinking about asking for the gifts and thinking "I wish" when you have the gift of God - Jesus Christ? You just have to ask Him, like in the OP, to show you!! And that is what we should be doing throughout the day!!

Someone wrote about having the gift of discernment, but what we are all supposed to have is a relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ, and He sends His Holy Spirit with His words! Anyone truly "having the gift of discernment" understand that really just means they are talking to the Lord about what they are seeing around them, and the Holy Spirit is giving them wisdom about what is going on. That is how the gift of discernment works!! You talk to the Lord and the Lord tells you what you need to know, via His Holy Spirit!! The gift of discernment does not mean you are now the one who knows good and evil, but rather that you know the the Lord knows so you seek Him and then hear Him via the Holy Spirit! Again, it is simply a give of faith is Jesus Christ! A faith that He can tell you what is going on around you, and explain!

People - we have ears to hear - even hear the Lord. We have eyes to see - even the light and the spirits around us. We have a spiritual sense of fell - or have you not been "touched by the Lord"? We have a spiritual sense of smell - have we never pick up a fragrance either very pleasant or rotten in the spiritual realm around us. We have a spiritual sense of taste, or has He not ever have you craving for a certain food to get you to go eat and talk to Him?

The problem is that we just don't use our spiritual senses by faith, and yes that does mean we don't have good discernment of what Is doing on around us! Because it means we don't talk to the Lord about what we are picking up!

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

He asked me to come and write to encourage His people to use their spiritual sense and talk to Him about the things they get. :)

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Believe you will Nancy, one day soon. Beautiful comment here, and your light is emanating in your words. You are making all the right connections here.... I believe we are on the verge of this outpouring. Read Isaiah 60:1-4, Let the Spirit speak to you.
Amen brother, thank you.
Sure seems we are on our way out soon, feeling an urgency, so wish we could shake our loved ones into truth. Hope the seeds dropped over time will one day take root :pray::Thumbsup:

Hippie

Dec 2, 2022
Rossville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no more apostles and there are no more prophets. Those gifts they had back then are no longer needed since the bible is complete. You don't need a prophet to tell us about the future. You can't add or take anything away from Gods word. Everyone speaks to God God does not show favortism. What does Paul say in that chapter. All those gifts will be gone all we need is love. God is love. We follow the two commandments. Love the Lord your God with all your heart soul mind and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. I've heard this before. Somebody was in a church speaking in tongues. After the service the person went to him and asked him what language was he speaking. He said Italian. The person said I understood every word you said. It was French. Many people think they have received these gifts and they haven't.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We have physical eyes, ears, and senses, and God made the heavens and then the ears, so we all have spiritual eyes, ears, and senses also!!

The problem is that we think in fleshy or worldly terms sooooooooooooo much that our spiritual sense are dull!! In fact we just don't use them or even try, so we just have sooooooo little ability to use them now.

In the Bible we come across this problem often, and it shows how this is a major problem for us. Now look at what was written in the OP and see how the author of the OP started seeing:

OK - God had already given the person spiritual eyes and ears, and the other sense too - but because the person sought the Lord He then gave them the faith to believe Him for seeing! In fact all the gifts of the spirit basically are like that - meaning that we have God given abilities to operate with our spiritual sense but we lack the faith to operate with our spiritual senses. So, the gifts of the Spirit are as much just a matter of faith in the Lord. That is: we ask Him, Jesus Christ, because we believe He is there with us, and He then has His Holy Spirit hook up with our spirit, and make us aware of what is going on around us!

Thus, Jesus Christ is called "The Light of this world", because He lights up (makes us aware) of what is actually going on around us!!

So what is more incredible about this thread is the responses where people "wish" they could have this gift!!

You have the spiritual eyes and ears to see and hear, but you don't believe. We don't even believe enough in Him who we call the Lord to ask Him to 'light things' up for us. - or simply show us what we need to know. And that is why we read:

Mat 3:15 For this people's heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear,

Yet we act like we wish they were open and wish that we could see!! We even act surprised when we ask and we do see with our spiritual eyes!

Of course, I am a person too, and I have the same problem. I can tell you how many times the Lord has gotten on to me about seeing more with my spiritual eyes!!!

Frankly, I find it weird! It does become interesting really quickly, like mentioned in the OP and by others posting. Still He has told me, "Karl you wouldn't drive a car with your eyes closed, so why do you walk around with your spiritual eyes closed?"

I respond to Him, "Because it is weird Lord" It is weird, but it can be extremely useful - however it needs to be combined with our other spiritual senses!!

Paul explained that He took all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ. So essentially what we need to do is see with our spiritual eyes and talk to our Lord Jesus Christ, who said He would never leave us, to get explanations. He will shows us (light up) what is going on around us!

People, what we have in Jesus Christ is the "GIFT OF GOD"!!! So why are you thinking about asking for the gifts and thinking "I wish" when you have the gift of God - Jesus Christ? You just have to ask Him, like in the OP, to show you!! And that is what we should be doing throughout the day!!

Someone wrote about having the gift of discernment, but what we are all supposed to have is a relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ, and He sends His Holy Spirit with His words! Anyone truly "having the gift of discernment" understand that really just means they are talking to the Lord about what they are seeing around them, and the Holy Spirit is giving them wisdom about what is going on. That is how the gift of discernment works!! You talk to the Lord and the Lord tells you what you need to know, via His Holy Spirit!! The gift of discernment does not mean you are now the one who knows good and evil, but rather that you know the the Lord knows so you seek Him and then hear Him via the Holy Spirit! Again, it is simply a give of faith is Jesus Christ! A faith that He can tell you what is going on around you, and explain!

People - we have ears to hear - even hear the Lord. We have eyes to see - even the light and the spirits around us. We have a spiritual sense of fell - or have you not been "touched by the Lord"? We have a spiritual sense of smell - have we never pick up a fragrance either very pleasant or rotten in the spiritual realm around us. We have a spiritual sense of taste, or has He not ever have you craving for a certain food to get you to go eat and talk to Him?

The problem is that we just don't use our spiritual senses by faith, and yes that does mean we don't have good discernment of what Is doing on around us! Because it means we don't talk to the Lord about what we are picking up!

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

He asked me to come and write to encourage His people to use their spiritual sense and talk to Him about the things they get. :)
1 Cor 12

10 and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

The gifts are given, not just 'awakened'

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There are no more apostles and there are no more prophets. Those gifts they had back then are no longer needed since the bible is complete. You don't need a prophet to tell us about the future. You can't add or take anything away from Gods word. Everyone speaks to God God does not show favortism. What does Paul say in that chapter. All those gifts will be gone all we need is love. God is love. We follow the two commandments. Love the Lord your God with all your heart soul mind and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. I've heard this before. Somebody was in a church speaking in tongues. After the service the person went to him and asked him what language was he speaking. He said Italian. The person said I understood every word you said. It was French. Many people think they have received these gifts and they haven't.
The gifts will cease when they are no longer needed.

The 'perfect' i.e. Jesus has not yet come. (1 Cor 13:10)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gifts will cease when they are no longer needed.

The 'perfect' i.e. Jesus has not yet come. (1 Cor 13:10)

Amen Carl.

Has God died ? Is there another in his stead given the authority ?

God does not change nor renege on his words or promises. We are the ones whom cease to believe his words & promises.

By letting others brain-wash or coerce us into believing lies causes us to only HALF receive from our God!

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

• Matthew 13:15
    For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.’

• Acts 28:27
    For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.” ’

• Hebrews 5:11
    of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On Sunday in Sunday School before church started, I heard that some (three people) could see a glow around the pastor as he was preaching. I asked God to give me that ability, and sure enough after the announcements and into his preaching, I saw it and it continued until he was done preaching. It was pure white and bright. Once it shot up from his head about a foot.

Maybe that is how discernment of spirits actually operates. I'm not sure. I have a friend who sees when someone has an attachment of something evil. It appears like a dark shadow around them. She has also seen the actual demon. They looked like some kind of monkey or small gargoyle. I want this gift too because of all the con-artists who claim they need my help that I've come across who I have befriended and they have robbed me. It would be good to stay clear of them by seeing what is attached to them - a deceiving spirit.

Does anyone else have this gift? Positive replies only please. No unbelieving scoffers - Psalms 1:1
Well discerning of Spirits is a gift God gave to edify the church, not just so people could see glows around someone.

I do not have this gift but I did see several demons attack me in prayer and when I went to testify and warn a new age bookstore owner of the evil he was peddling, I felt the presence of a pack of demons like hungry wolves.

Hippie

Dec 2, 2022
Rossville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is correct. This so called subject about these gifts has been going on for years uncounted. I have to disagree with the perfect Jesus has not yet come. Jesus was perfect when he lived his life on earth. He was perfect as he went to the cross and died for the world. He was perfect as he rose from the dead. He was perfect as he went back home to the Father. He is still perfect today and will be perfect till the end of time. Correct God is not dead and never will be. God is perfect and so is his Son. If Jesus wasn't perfect he would not have been able to go back home to the Father in heaven. Because of Jesus being perfect, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to him. All we need is Gods Word to live by. The bible is our Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. I Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love and the greatest of these is love.

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It’s the aura. I see them too, but it’s not a gift. Anyone can, just as you did.

I would take what your friend’s saying about there being demons with a grain of salt.