Seeking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you noticed something about the father, he does things without always asking if he can do them. He never asked your permission to crucify you on the cross. Never asked if it was ok to reconcile the world back to himself and give them their proper identity the moment they believe. You ever notice that there is a mutitude of things you will have to learn about your father that you don't know.

The things he has done are yet to be discovered by believers if they want to know. So your next feeling you have of; "bless God I got thing thing figured out and if you don't believe me I can show you in scripture." Well I'm happy that you are searching but just keeping looking, asking, knocking if you will because it is not hid. It is my mind that keeps me from a knowing, not my father.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you noticed something about the father, he does things without always asking if he can do them. He never asked your permission to crucify you on the cross. Never asked if it was ok to reconcile the world back to himself and give them their proper identity the moment they believe. You ever notice that there is a mutitude of things you will have to learn about your father that you don't know.

The things he has done are yet to be discovered by believers if they want to know. So your next feeling you have of; "bless God I got thing thing figured out and if you don't believe me I can show you in scripture." Well I'm happy that you are searching but just keeping looking, asking, knocking if you will because it is not hid. It is my mind that keeps me from a knowing, not my father.

My wife and I were talking just last night that we can only conjecture what God is actually now doing in our lives. Sometimes we think we may know, and I'm sure we're likely wrong a lot.

But the more we understand the sorts of things He does the more I think we can be relaxed in knowing that though the method may seem confusing, the purpose is sound.

Much love!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My wife and I were talking just last night that we can only conjecture what God is actually now doing in our lives. Sometimes we think we may know, and I'm sure we're likely wrong a lot.

But the more we understand the sorts of things He does the more I think we can be relaxed in knowing that though the method may seem confusing, the purpose is sound.

Much love!

Amen-
"But the more we understand the sorts of things He does the more I think we can be relaxed in knowing that though the method may seem confusing, the purpose is sound."

Very true ...trouble is I am always wise after the fact...when 'in it' ..I tend to forget that wisdom! :D

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Much love!
We can sometimes look back and acknowledge, This is how the Lord indeed led us. Sometimes, at the time, it's not obvious; but we can view our lives in terms of 1 Samuel 7.12: 'EBENEZER'...

Reactions: Helen and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can sometimes look back and acknowledge, This is how the Lord indeed led us. Sometimes, at the time, it's not obvious; but we can view our lives in terms of 1 Samuel 7.12: 'EBENEZER'...
Yes, I hold on to those piles of rocks! Even if I'm only this far, yet still He's brought me to here!

It sure is a wonder to think back over life with God's predestination in mind.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen and farouk

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that God’s plan for me is to learn to love perfectly - in fact, it is why bad things happen sometimes, to develop strong empathy within us and perfect our ability to love. We are witnesses to a lot of horrible things in this life and a lot of good things and we are called to love through it all.

It’s a big job and can only be done with Christ’s help.

As far as the details of my life, I’ve noticed God is not a micromanager - it is my choice what I want to do, He will use every situation to perfect us.

Reactions: Helen and marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I hold on to those piles of rocks! Even if I'm only this far, yet still He's brought me to here!

It sure is a wonder to think back over life with God's predestination in mind.

Much love!
Acts 26.22: "Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day", said Paul.

Reactions: marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Amen-
"But the more we understand the sorts of things He does the more I think we can be relaxed in knowing that though the method may seem confusing, the purpose is sound."

Very true ...trouble is I am always wise after the fact...when 'in it' ..I tend to forget that wisdom! :D
Sometimes older believers get a bit upset with Godly young ppl when they do thing differently; but then if the younger Christians' heart and motivation are right, then it's best to respect this, isn't it?

Reactions: aspen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sometimes older believers get a bit upset with Godly young ppl when they do thing differently; but then if the younger Christians' heart and motivation are right, then it's best to respect this, isn't it?

Yes, I think my younger christian self was probably quite obnoxious.
After only 5 years with the Lord I thought that I knew everything!! o_O

Then in my old age I sift through all the years the Lord has led me..( 55 years yesterday)...much of what I believed when a young christian , I found was just hearsay and tradition...then I had a few decades of searching and studying the bible with the Strong's concordance in the other hand.
And a listening spirit...to become solid in His word.

By the time I was 60 I realized study is profitable...but in reality it isn't what we know or how much we know...but how well we know Who we know.

Back to the basic simplicity that is in Christ.

We can have lots of knowledge, but unless we have matured in Trust and Faith in God, within our lives...then all that we have learned is worth nothing.

God is so patient with us. :)

Reactions: aspen and soul man

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I think my younger christian self was probably quite obnoxious.
After only 5 years with the Lord I thought that I knew everything!! o_O

Then in my old age I sift through all the years the Lord has led me..( 55 years yesterday)...much of what I believed when a young christian , I found was just hearsay and tradition...then I had a few decades of searching and studying the bible with the Strong's concordance in the other hand.
And a listening spirit...to become solid in His word.

By the time I was 60 I realized study is profitable...but in reality it isn't what we know or how much we know...but how well we know Who we know.

Back to the basic simplicity that is in Christ.

We can have lots of knowledge, but unless we have matured in Trust and Faith in God, within our lives...then all that we have learned is worth nothing.

God is so patient with us. :)
1 Samuel 7.12:"EBENEZER" :)

Reactions: soul man and Helen