Sehnsucht thread: Post things that fill you with unamable longing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sehnsuct is a German word that means desire or yearning. C.S Lewis describes joy as a yearning for something not on this world and uses the word Sehnsucht to help describe that.

Something like a piece of music, a movie, or any ordinary feeling can give you this. I thought Id start a placeto share.

For me, its walking by huge rocks alone by the ocean, singing and speaking only to the Lord. It's some silly poem in a 7th grade language arts class. And its most definitely different songs or musical pieces. Its the last verse of the gospel of John describing the libraries that would never contain all the unwritten things Jesus did.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For me one of the things is seeing the stars. I know they are there in their millions but only visible to me now on clear cold nights in the middle of nowhere like last March in Wales. I pray to be able to see them and the night before last on a cold clear night I saw quite a lot even with the light pollution. The sky must have been so clear; I could see all of Orion, Jupiter and Venus shining brightly along with other I don't know.

And watching and hearing the over-wintering geese fly over my house in the mornings is another, although I haven't seen them yet this year.

• Love
Reactions: Wynona