Self Denial - Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is just the starting pertaining to the subject at hand. Be sure to check out the surrounding areas of context if you need to, and may Yahava by his spirit guide you, in the name of Yeshua.

Exodus 33:6 So the sons of Israel stripped themselves of their jewelry, from Mount Horeb onward.

1 Kings 17:13 However, Elijah said to her, "Do not fear; go, do as you have said. Just make me a little bread loaf from it first, and bring it out to me, and afterward you may make one for yourself and for your son.

Psalms 132:3 I certainly will not enter my house, nor lie on my bed.

Proverb 25:6 Do not boast in the presence of the king, and do not stand in the same place as great people.

Isaiah 58:13 If because of the sabbath, you restrain your foot from, doing as you wish on My holy ay, and call the sabbath a pleasure, and the holy day of Yahava honorable, and honor it, desisting for your ways, from seeking your own pleasures and speaking your own word.

Daniel 1:8 But Daniel made up his mind that he would not defile himself with the Kings choice food or with the wine which he drank, so he sought permission from the commander of the officials that might not defile himself.

Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus said to His disciples "If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow me."

Matthew 18:18 And if your hand or foot is causing you to sin, cut it off and throw it away from you; it is better to enter life maimed or without a foot, than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into the eternal fire.

Matthew 19:12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mothers womb; and there eunuchs who were made eunuchs by people; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs, for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. The one who is able to accept this let him accept it.

Mark 8:34 And He summoned the crowd together with his disciples, and said to them, if anyone wants to come after me, he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow me.

Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.

Luke 14:26 "If anyone comes to me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14:16 Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.

Romans 8:13 For if you are living in accord with the flesh you are going to die; but if by the spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Romans 14:21 It is good not to eat meat or to drink wine, or to do anything which your brother stumbles.

Romans 15:1 Now we who are strong ought to bear the weakness of those without strength and not just please ourselves.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I strictly discipline my body, and make it a slave so after I have preached to others I will not be disqualified.

Galatians 5:24 Not those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Philippians 3:7 But whatever things were gain to me, these things I have counted as a loss because of Christ.

Titus 2:12 instructing us to deny ungodliness, and worldly desires, and to live sensibly, righteously, and in a godly manner in the present age.

Hebrews 11:24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaohs daughter.