Self-harm is a sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Idol worshippers cut themselves in 1 Kings 18:

28 So they shouted louder and slashed themselves with swords and spears, as was their custom, until their blood flowed.
A demonized man cut himself in Mark 5:

5 Night and day among the tombs and on the mountains he was always crying out and cutting himself with stones.
Acts 16:

28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, “Do not harm yourself, for we are all here.”
Self-harming does not glorify God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Self-harm is a sin​

...and self justification, isn't that self harm?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, that kind of "self justification"

Yeah so pleasuring yourself is sinful behavior and it is abusing your body which is supposed to be the temple of the Holy Ghost.

The Lord would appreciate it if you'd not be doin that kinda thang. View attachment 39122
Nah nahhh, I talkin' about self justification; the type that says, I'm right, you're wrong!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeahhhh, that's what I'm talkin' about......isn't hell physical?...you know, the fryin' and the cryin' for eternity with no let up?

Why? You planning on going there for vacation?

I heave that muzlim travel agents are happy to hook Christians up with a visit to hell... they start by chopping off yer head! agree.gif