SEPARATION OR DISTANCE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course...but, I certainly don’t feel ashamed.....xx
Yes I did say it but not in reference to you. I know that I can feel ashamed if I do something unrighteous. I think it's a totally normal reaction when we go against our consciences.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I did say it but not in reference to you. I know that I can feel ashamed if I do something unrighteous. I think it's a totally normal reaction when we go against our consciences.
I can honestly say, once I became Born Again I felt no shame.and none since, my conscience bothers me at times, and I must right my wrong.

Perfect Love cast out all fear.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can honestly say, once I became Born Again I felt no shame.and none since, my conscience bothers me at times, and I must right my wrong.

Perfect Love cast out all fear.
I suppose it depends on what we mean by 'shame'. To me it is a sadness that I have let myself down.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose it depends on what we mean by 'shame'. To me it is a sadness that I have let myself down.
I did something nasty last year, more or less, straight away I had to rectify that wrong...thank God he allowed me to do that...and he said, that be a hard lesson for you to learn.

I learnt...never ever to do it again.

Reactions: Pearl

Prycejosh1987

May 20, 2024
Balsall Heath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I do believe sin distances us from God. I believe that separation and distance can be the same thing. I believe that the more spiritual we become and in tune to the mind of Jesus the greater the connection to God. Fasting has done wonders for me. I cannot feel God close but i feel and understand His effect within my life.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are so many people who call themselves Christian and yet have not grasped this truth.
worse , there are so many who call themselves christains
and yet not yet grasped this simple truth ,
And as moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness
even so Must the SON of man be lifted up
that whosoever BELIEVES on HIM
shall not perish but have eternal life .
For GOD so loved the world that He gave His only begotten
Son that all who do BELIEVE would not perish
but have everlasting life .
For GOD sent not HIS son into the world to condemn the world
but that the world through him might be saved .
He who BELIEVES is not condemned
but he who BELIEVES NOT is CONDEMNED already
for He has not believed on the NAME of the ONLY BEGOTTEN Son of GOD .
This is CONDEMNATION
that light has come into the world but men have loved darkness and will
NOT COME to the LIGHT lest their deeds be reproved .
He who doeth EVIL hates the light and will not come to the light lest his deeds be reproved
he that DOETH TRUTH , aka JESUS BELIEVING TIME , cometh to the LIGHT
that his deeds might be made manifest that they are wrought in GOD .
take a good long peek at that simple reminder . Cause i sure seem to see another love so called gospel
that sure omits the FACT one must BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST and rather pumps out a false love as it offers up
false hope to the lost religoins . lets keep that in mind shall we . as for me , This lamb POINTS TO THE DIRE
and absolute DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST . THE ONLY HOPE i offer
IS JESUS THE CHRIST . all else is vain and wont save squat .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I do believe sin distances us from God. I believe that separation and distance can be the same thing. I believe that the more spiritual we become and in tune to the mind of Jesus the greater the connection to God. Fasting has done wonders for me. I cannot feel God close but i feel and understand His effect within my life.
Before we were born again we were separated by sin. We were 'enemies' if you like of God. But after our re-birth we are new creations in Christ and sin and it's consequences have no hold over us, but if we act unrighteously then it is that unrighteous act that causes a distancing between ourselves and God.

The difference is that in our sinful state God could have nothing to do with us, that sinful state separated us. But in Christ we are reconciled and no longer in a sinful state so God is with us all the time. We may move away from Him but he will never move away from those who are in Christ.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Separation from God is not the same as being distanced from God. The first - separation - is common to all human kind without the cleansing blood of Jesus through whom we can be reconciled to God. The second - being distanced - is of ourselves once we are saved.

We are all separated from God by Sin; but as soon as we receive Jesus and are born again of His Spirit we belong to God, we become His sons and daughters for ever. He will never turn his back on us, although there may be times when we distance ourselves from Him through unrighteous thoughts or actions, but just like the father of the prodigal son He will be waiting with open arms to welcome us back into His presence.
Pearl, the Prodigal's father didn't regard him as "alive" and "found" until after he repented - the implication being that if he'd chosen to stay in the pig pen, he'd have yet remained "dead" and "lost".

The Unmerciful Servant was forgiven but forfeited forgiveness by refusing to reflect the image of his master.

The sow didn't "wash herself" but "was washed" - only to wind up more wretched than in the beginning.

The "many" who allow widespread iniquity to turn their "agape" cold and dead, leaving them unable to "endure to the end" and lost...are former saints - not the wicked. Proof: only the saints can demonstrate the inward "agape" love of God because "agape" is demonstrated by happily keeping God's commandments (1 John 5:3 KJV) while the wicked can't keep God's commandments even if they wanted to (Romans 8:7 KJV).

While nothing shall separate us from the love of God, we always retain the ability to choose to be separated from the forgiveness of God, but we have to step over the bruised, broken body of Jesus on our way out the door.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
worse , there are so many who call themselves christains
and yet not yet grasped this simple truth
Any "friend of Christ" should be aware of how Jesus defines friendship with Him: "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." It was Christ Who spoke His Ten Commandments at Mount Sinai.

Anyone who claims to "believe in Christ" but won't act on his faith in obedience to Christ's commandments proves his belief is as vain as that of the man who claims to believe his house is on fire but refuses to get up from his chair and hurry out the door.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any "friend of Christ" should be aware of how Jesus defines friendship with Him: "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." It was Christ Who spoke His Ten Commandments at Mount Sinai.

Anyone who claims to "believe in Christ" but won't act on his faith in obedience to Christ's commandments proves his belief is as vain as that of the man who claims to believe his house is on fire but refuses to get up from his chair and hurry out the door.
So how come so many deny HIM and yet believe they are truly of Him .
They have heeded the words of men that contradicted something , that twisted something
that made void something . And many who even lead christendom itself are KEY speakers and twisters
of THAT SOMETHING .
example . they follow another rainbow , they believe in another love
they trust in and follow men and another spirit that twists destruction unto them .
GOD is never gonna honor SIN . GOD IS NEVER GONNA HONOR another path
to HIM either . GOD is never gonnna honor another love .
IF any man , woman , child , even angel or donkey cometh
and tries to call good trangression of any sort , IT BE A LIAR .
thus if any spirit tries , if any man tries , if even an angel do speak and tries
to twist the scrips , YA BETTER FLEE that voice and very fast too .
MEN have a way o twisting scrips unto their own destruction and many a soul therebe
which just loves the twist , the lie , the idea that fed what THEY DESIRED
and not rather WHAT GOD DESIRED .
phoneman of the triple sevens , WHEN I SAY MANY , ITS MANY who have done this unto their own destruction .
SO , the next time one tries to say JUDGE NOT to the one who corrects SIN and error within the church
TRY REMEMBERING that PAUL and the other apostels never DID SUCH A thing .
THEY NEVER PREACHED oh judge not we are all sinners , just hug and love . OOPSY
that has lead to only one thing within christendom . The leaven left uncorrected , GATHERED A HECK OF A LOT OF LEAVEN
and LEAVENED THEM UP BIG TIME .
this means WE GONNA HAVE TO OPEN US SOME BIBLE and learn IT for ourselves and stay refreshed in THEM PAGES .
cause many and its a number so high not me and ten thousand could count it , IS and HAS decieved the flocks .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let the hating begin it always does . but remember i did not point us to me and my books
but rather to THE BOOK . DO keep that in mind before one casts the first stone against me .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pearl, the Prodigal's father didn't regard him as "alive" and "found" until after he repented - the implication being that if he'd chosen to stay in the pig pen, he'd have yet remained "dead" and "lost".

The Unmerciful Servant was forgiven but forfeited forgiveness by refusing to reflect the image of his master.

The sow didn't "wash herself" but "was washed" - only to wind up more wretched than in the beginning.

The "many" who allow widespread iniquity to turn their "agape" cold and dead, leaving them unable to "endure to the end" and lost...are former saints - not the wicked. Proof: only the saints can demonstrate the inward "agape" love of God because "agape" is demonstrated by happily keeping God's commandments (1 John 5:3 KJV) while the wicked can't keep God's commandments even if they wanted to (Romans 8:7 KJV).

While nothing shall separate us from the love of God, we always retain the ability to choose to be separated from the forgiveness of God, but we have to step over the bruised, broken body of Jesus on our way out the door.
Whatever. The prodigals father welcomed him back with open arms. And my observation of the difference between separation and distance still stand even without the reference to the prodigal.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever. The prodigals father welcomed him back with open arms. And my observation of the difference between separation and distance still stand even without the reference to the prodigal.
the prodigal son was dead while he LIVED in sin .
the prodigal was welcomed back
the prodigal son REPENTED of his evil and had a humble heart .
BUT THIS MANY DO NOT DO and yet folks just holler judge not
have company , have unity , find common ground .
UNREPENTANT SIN
is far different than one who REPENTED OF SAID SIN . so allow some parting words .
If any brother or sister be in sin , be covetous , be a fornicator , be etc
YA DONT EAT WITH SUCH A ONE , TILL SUCH A ONE HAS REPENTED .
but rather odd i seem to see some holding up RAINBOWS , not only not repenting BUT HONORING
and the leaders just say , ALL IS WELL , have that common ground , do some good works
have that unity . THEM LEADERS serve SATAN and as such , I WONT SIT UNDER A ONE OF THEM
and it dont end there either . I , I IS GONNA EXPOSE THEM and THEIR FAKE SORRY PILE OF CRAP DUNG PILE LOVE and UNITY .
I am tired of watching a love , a unity , a common ground etc , that SLAPS GOD IN HIS FACE
TRODS JESUS UNDER FOOT , MAKE JESUS AND GOD THE MINISTIR OF SIN and tired of watching so many that seem
to love to have it so . I EXPOSE THEM ALL WITH THEIR SORRY FAKE LOVE DOCTRINE . and i wont apologize
no matter how much i sorrow for their souls .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

paul confirms this my friend . SO she is DEAD WHILE SHE LIVETH . You are correct my friend .
too many are way to fast to accept the false judge not correct not just unify with crap .
YOU got this right on my friend . right on .

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can become seperated from God when we walk away (the prodigal son) but we are still children.. We are no longer alienated 9seperated) and will never be again.

That's what the devil and his false teachers claim.... we can live in sin and still be saved.

This explains the downward spiral of the church since most all churches teach this false gospel.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what the devil and his false teachers claim.... we can live in sin and still be saved.
Thats not what John said

Sin and the Child of God​

1 John 3:
4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

A child of God can not live in sin, satan wants you to think they can so he make make you think your better than they are, and take your hope away,

This explains the downward spiral of the church since most all churches teach this false gospel.
Actually your legalistic gospel of works has been taught since the begining of time. You have many like you. The jews, islam, In Fact 99 percent of the religions of the world teach what you believe

The 1 percent who put everything at the cross.. They are those who enter by the narrow gate, and few there are who will pass in.

Jesus said i am the way the truth and the life, no one comes but through him

if you think your good enough to be saved, You do not understand the law..

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually your legalistic gospel of works

That's what those being led by the devil claim.... one does not have to walk in agreement with the Lord and are still saved in their open rebellion.

That was satan's message to Adam and Eve in the garden and satan's followers are still teaching this today

Only those led by the Holy Spirit are the sons of God but I wouldn't expect the false grace crowd to understand truth