Sermon clip: Can you lose your salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dr. Colin Smith of Unlocking the Bible is a really good pastor. Hope you all enjoy this brief message.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dr. Colin Smith of Unlocking the Bible is a really good pastor. Hope you all enjoy this brief message.

I don't believe people are saved. I firmly believe that you are saved when you are resurrected and brought into heaven, not before that time. This idea of being saved is foreign to me and makes no real sense.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe people are saved. I firmly believe that you are saved when you are resurrected and brought into heaven, not before that time. This idea of being saved is foreign to me and makes no real sense.

The Bible does say we are saved by grace through faith. Also, the Bible says whoever calls upon the Lord shall be saved.
Perhaps this very brief explanation by Dr. Colin Smith will help your understanding.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible does say we are saved by grace through faith. Also, the Bible says whoever calls upon the Lord shall be saved.
Perhaps this very brief explanation by Dr. Colin Smith will help your understanding.

I think he's selling you something. You have to think of the future tense of those passages: "You're saved by grace thru faith". This doesn't necessarily say you're saved now. And I think a little thought on the subject would clarify what those passages mean. If you were truly saved you'd be a resurrected Angel who cannot die physically or spiritually ever again. Wouldn't that be the definition of being saved?

In fact we are all set to die physically, the opposite of being saved. I think it's better to come to the Lord in hope of salvation rather than to go around proclaiming your saved and speaking on behalf of the Lord's judgment, which is his. Verses that apply here are:

1 Thessalonians 5:8

“But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.”

Romans 8:24

“For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?”

Noticing that they are hoping for salvation, not demanding it as if they are already saved. This is not the attitude of a good Christian to say you are saved rather than hoping for salvation in my opinion.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not the attitude of a good Christian to say you are saved rather than hoping for salvation in my opinion

Well, we will have to agree to disagree. I believed on Jesus Christ as my own Savior in 1972, and always had the assurance of my salvation through Christ.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we will have to agree to disagree. I believed on Jesus Christ as my own Savior in 1972, and always had the assurance of my salvation through Christ.

Of course, we're all of different denominations here, and there are many ideas about salvation. There is a whole study about it and it's apparently called Soteriology. I think with all the lake of fire text in the scripture, being saved now is something that is appealing to many. To not have to worry about the lake of fire. Here's an excerpt on Soteriology: Soteriology - Wikipedia

In Christianity, salvation, also called "deliverance" or "redemption", is the saving of human beings from sin and its consequences. Variant views on salvation are among the main lines dividing the various Christian denominations, being a point of disagreement between Eastern Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism and Protestantism, as well as within Protestantism, notably in the Calvinist–Arminian debate. These lines include conflicting definitions of depravity, predestination, atonement, and most pointedly, justification. Christian soteriology ranges from exclusive salvation to universal reconciliation concepts.

While some of the differences are as widespread as Christianity itself, the overwhelming majority agrees that salvation is made possible by the life, crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Jesus.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, we're all of different denominations here, and there are many ideas about salvation. There is a whole study about it and it's apparently called Soteriology. I think with all the lake of fire text in the scripture, being saved now is something that is appealing to many. To not have to worry about the lake of fire. Here's an excerpt on Soteriology: Soteriology - Wikipedia

In Christianity, salvation, also called "deliverance" or "redemption", is the saving of human beings from sin and its consequences. Variant views on salvation are among the main lines dividing the various Christian denominations, being a point of disagreement between Eastern Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism and Protestantism, as well as within Protestantism, notably in the Calvinist–Arminian debate. These lines include conflicting definitions of depravity, predestination, atonement, and most pointedly, justification. Christian soteriology ranges from exclusive salvation to universal reconciliation concepts.

While some of the differences are as widespread as Christianity itself, the overwhelming majority agrees that salvation is made possible by the life, crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Jesus.

Well, putting it simply....

spurgeon-saved-from-sin.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, putting it simply....

View attachment 11328

Strange "Oxymoron" as knowing the bible is knowing Christ. Of course there is the Holy Spirit that shows us the heart of Jesus. So I think I could write that meme truthfully by saying

I may learn all the doctrines of the bible, and mimic the heart of Jesus in my deeds, but until I have witnessed Jesus thru the Holy Spirit of God, I truly haven't been with him.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may learn all the doctrines of the bible, and mimic the heart of Jesus in my deeds, but until I have witnessed Jesus thru the Holy Spirit of God, I truly haven't been with him.

And has the Holy Spirit born witness with your spirit that you are a child of God?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And has the Holy Spirit born witness with your spirit that you are a child of God?

The Holy Spirit is with me quite often and fills me with love and peace. And yes I had a vision of "Heavenly Father" standing with "Heavenly Mother", and they testified that they exist and filled me with great love and peace that lasted for several hours. Galatians 5:22-23

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He is absolutely correct when he says “thy sum of thy word is true” and the thinking of; any interpretation of anything that puts any evil into God, is a wrong interpretation of that thing...

Blessings, in the Beloved, Not me

Reactions: Debp