Shall We Suffer In The Tribulation Period. I Think Not.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Not going to use Scriptures............ just a point. Why do so many believe that we are going to be tested or suffer during the tribulation period? I was reading some web sites and it is suggest that we are "Tested" during this time.

Pretty strange the Lord would not be able to present to himself a glorious chruch, without spot or wrinkle.

(tons of other scripture ommitted for now)

I posted once that we are told that we will escape the wrath to come.......... someone corrected me and said, Ya, we escape God's wrath, but not Satans................. Well, then who is doing the testing if that is the case??

What about Satan? He's defeated and we have authority over him. The Name of Jesus never will loose power.

(Ya, but Brother Mike. It is given the devil power to make war with the saints and overcome them......)

Well, we must not escape the wrath to come then, unless we are not talking about the church.

You see, the Chruch is talked about until we get to the Churches at the start of Rev.............. The Church is not mentioned again until the end............ So what saints are we talking about here??

Even so..........Jesus said if we keep his word, we escape the trial....................Rev 3:10

Now let say we do have to be retried and the Blood just was not strong enough to get the job done. God has to make sure our names need to be in that book of life right? So, He sends his church in and gives Satan power to stomp on us for a bit.........

This is the same concept as purgatory folks!!!!!!!

I suppose we must believe in that also???

I started a end time thread!!!! Ya all should be happy now..............

Jesus Is Lord.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Rev 3:10 has nothing to do with the church of grace, this is after the Dispensation of Grace has ended. Rev 3:10 is addressing the assembly of Philadelphia during the soon coming Dispensation of Judgment. RIGHTLY DIVIDE!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Rev 3:10 has nothing to do with the church of grace, this is after the Dispensation of Grace has ended. Rev 3:10 is addressing the assembly of Philadelphia during the soon coming Dispensation of Judgment. RIGHTLY DIVIDE!

Absoulutly Jerry !!
its to those who patiently endure.... not those who think they are going be raptured and not endure anything.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yes I have read Newton's predictions it is interesting he was into this stuff ...However God promises he will return before those born in 1948 all die... its the one parable he told us to learn because it tells when the last days started you are living in that generation ... and its some 62 years old so Newton was wrong

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Christina I think that's a pretty loose interpretation of the Bible.
No its an correct rendering of Gods Word
you can read Hammerstones study for one
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/2471-the-parable-of-the-fig-tree-bible-study/

revdw76

Jan 12, 2010
Richland City, Indiana
Shall we suffer during the tribulation? NO, God will provide for us. I hope to be with the Father before this happens. But if I'm not it is written that satan will return and those who are here will be tempted. satan is forbidden to touch those of us with the mark of God in our foreheads. The mark being the Word of God in our brains and hearts and soul. But we will be tempted and some of us may fail. I mean he will be imitating Jesus Christ and he is noted as being the master deceiver. People will believe he is Jesus and will try to convince us who know the truth. They will even bring us before him begging him to save our souls when he is actually trying to take them. This is where we are commanded to stand and let the Holy Spirit speak through us against satan. Why don't anybody believe this. It is in the Bible. Being raptured to save our souls is not in the Bible. End of story.

Reactions: revdw76

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Shall we suffer during the tribulation? NO, God will provide for us. I hope to be with the Father before this happens. But if I'm not it is written that satan will return and those who are here will be tempted. satan is forbidden to touch those of us with the mark of God in our foreheads. The mark being the Word of God in our brains and hearts and soul. But we will be tempted and some of us may fail. I mean he will be imitating Jesus Christ and he is noted as being the master deceiver. People will believe he is Jesus and will try to convince us who know the truth. They will even bring us before him begging him to save our souls when he is actually trying to take them. This is where we are commanded to stand and let the Holy Spirit speak through us against satan. Why don't anybody believe this. It is in the Bible. Being raptured to save our souls is not in the Bible. End of story.

Yep thats what is said of the tribulation period those who receive Gods seal are protected ..and God is not angry with you

What does Hammerstone say about a new heaven and a new Earth? Why the new Earth?
I dont know guess you'll have to ask him ...
God ends this age and makes all things new do you not think man has harmed this earth ?

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Nobody said anything about Rapture here.........................I said we Escape the Wrath to come............

No weapon formed against us shall prosper............

JerryJohnson:

God's Word does not change just because you want to use the word Dispensation Which was mentioned 4 times in the KJV.

It meant stewardship. I am sure you can look it up. Your using it in a mans religious sense.

Now where do you get that Grace is ended? I see scripture where it came right there in Peter, then suddenly it's gone in just a few books? What scripture is it that tells us God's Grace ENDS..............

I have one that says his mercy endures forever................Where sin abounds Grace abounds more............. Nothing where it stops.

Also you seem to be putting the Churches that Jesus was talking to in the future. We have a good idea these were located somewhere around Turkey.............. What reference are you using to determine that these churches were not around long ago?

Are they in stages of time? is brotherly love throwing us off? Scripture........please.

Mike

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Christina:

Yep thats what is said of the tribulation period those who receive Gods seal are protected ..and God is not angry with you

Umm. This is a debate??? I agree with that.

I had gone over the whole Rapture/ No Rapture and looked at many views. I saw places in the Rapture folks that used things like Noah, and escape wrath to come, and Isa 57:1

I was unable to connect all those escape scriptures to a Rapture. Most of those escape scriptures the people had to listen and do something.......... Even Jesus fleeing to Egypt, there was something to obey and do. Why would escape not mean the same thing for the seven years of tribulation?

I am still not convinced that God is going to let us get in the way though............ I fully believe the Chruch is what stopping things from going crazy even now. I don't know.............I have been looking at this for years..............and not putting it together yet.

thank you.

JerryJohnson:......................No scripture? I will then have to assume that you feel it a waste of your time. I would not like to think you don't really know.

Jesus is Lord.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009

JerryJohnson:......................No scripture? I will then have to assume that you feel it a waste of your time. I would not like to think you don't really know.

Jesus is Lord.

There is plenty of Scripture. Providing it here for you is the waste of time.

Re-read my post, it's short.

"I'm not going to try to explain all that to you. You wouldn't understand it anyway. . I don't really care what you believe.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Christina:

I had gone over the whole Rapture/ No Rapture and looked at many views. I saw places in the Rapture folks that used things like Noah, and escape wrath to come, and Isa 57:1

I was unable to connect all those escape scriptures to a Rapture. Most of those escape scriptures the people had to listen and do something.......... Even Jesus fleeing to Egypt, there was something to obey and do. Why would escape not mean the same thing for the seven years of tribulation?

I am still not convinced that God is going to let us get in the way though............ I fully believe the Chruch is what stopping things from going crazy even now. I don't know.............I have been looking at this for years..............and not putting it together yet.

thank you.

Jesus is Lord.

Well perhaps if you really dont like the study Bro Mike you should debate it Hammerstone as it his study
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/444-the-rapture-lie-bible-study/

Im sure he would love to hear your input

revdw76

Jan 12, 2010
Richland City, Indiana
Christina:

thank you.

Jesus is Lord.

We will not be in the way. God and Jesus will be using us to prove and witness to those who believe the antichrist that they are heading to destruction. God says He will not burden us with more than we can handle.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does Hammerstone say about a new heaven and a new Earth? Why the new Earth?

I'm not sure what you mean with this question? In relation to what?

As far as what I generally say, it's in Scripture.

[bible=Revelation 21:1 NASB]
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.[/bible]

(By the way, I know I need to reformat that study, and I will do it shortly!)

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
cmon folks......... My post was that we will be protected in some way..........

Now everyone agrees.......... but giving me a hard time.........................That's cool, but I want to hear from those that think we are dog meat when the AC comes around.............

I have several web sites that seem to think we are going to be tried and tested. Now where are those people at??

Jesus Is Lord.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mike, it's repeatedly called the hour of temptation or trial depending on the version:

[bible=Revelation 3:10]
Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.
[/bible]

Yes it's rather clearly stated that we will be kept from the hour of trial and regardless of whether someone sees rapture or not here, the message always seems to be missed. Those elect whom are sealed won't really have an issue. However, simply because one has sat on a pew or read some (or even all of the Bible) doesn't mean they're Christian and certainly doesn't mean they're afforded the protection here. Keep in mind Christ spoke to seven total churches, its very easy to look at this verse and say that its for anyone who would label themselves a believer but note that all seven churches would say that they were believers yet only two found approval in the eyes of Christ.

Philadelphia and Smyrna are first found to be faithful and then they were provided with this information.

As far as references, there are numerous prophetic references to being tried or on trial. Revelation 2:2, Revelation 2:10, I Peter 1:7 and James 1:12 amongst others.