Should Christians eat pork? Drink alcohol? Celebrate Christmas?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh there's a world of difference between famous grouse, cigar malt, Islay, or speyside. And that's just scotch...

Bourbons are a whole nuther critter.
Now you're talking single malt which is whole different ball game. I can't afford it but was given a bottle for a birthday present one year. Smooth as velvet.

Reactions: JohnDB

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nope liver damage is all the same
You only get liver damage by over indulging. I maybe have one drink every two weeks. But if you can't stick to just one best leave it alone.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If he's a brother so yes you should care.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Well though expensive, seems like you learned to appreciate it occasionally at least.
My dad started to teach my to drink responsibly when I was a pre-teen. I like most things but I think my very favourite is Campari. Not to everyone's taste though. The steward at the club we used to go to had a bottle just for her and me.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My dad started to teach my to drink responsibly when I was a pre-teen. I like most things but I think my very favourite is Campari. Not to everyone's taste though. The steward at the club we used to go to had a bottle just for her and me.
@Pearl It happens a lot in France that parents mix water with wine so that youngsters gradually get used to it responsibly. I can understand that...

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you're talking single malt which is whole different ball game. I can't afford it but was given a bottle for a birthday present one year. Smooth as velvet.

$100/fifth is nice stuff usually. And life is too short to drink the cheap stuff. Been a couple of years since I've had any...but I will pick up a bottle eventually of something nice.

Islays are so peatey that they are what gives them the great BBQ flavor.

Speysides are for tossing back fast.

Cigar malts and other highlands are for sipping with some spring water. Tobacco, vanilla and leather are their dominants... just about anything can come out of secondary flavors. From various fruits and flowers to baby powder.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
$100/fifth is nice stuff usually. And life is too short to drink the cheap stuff. Been a couple of years since I've had any...but I will pick up a bottle eventually of something nice.

Islays are so peatey that they are what gives them the great BBQ flavor.

Speysides are for tossing back fast.

Cigar malts and other highlands are for sipping with some spring water. Tobacco, vanilla and leather are their dominants... just about anything can come out of secondary flavors. From various fruits and flowers to baby powder.
The one I had was called Dalwhinnie and had a smooth smokey taste.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lagavulin-16-Year-Single-Malt-Single-Malt-Scoth-Whiskey_1.png

This one is extremely peatey...
Good stuff for BBQ...but it's not for everyone. Still smooth as a baby's backside.

Reactions: Pearl

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps I'll get another bottle for my birthday. There's one my daughter likes but I can't remember what it's called.
That 25 yr Tomintoul is $450/US per bottle.

That's a tad pricey for a speyside for me.

I limit myself to $100/bottle for good stuff.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That 25 yr Tomintoul is $450/US per bottle.

That's a tad pricey for a speyside for me.

I limit myself to $100/bottle for good stuff.
Wow that is pricey. The ones I would buy are around £20 per ltr bottle but are sometimes on offer.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow that is pricey. The ones I would buy are around £20 per ltr bottle but are sometimes on offer.
Well, for you a lot of those scotches are going to be much less pricey...no import taxes or a boat ride to pay for...
For me...big bucks. But 25 years old scotch is going to be pricey no matter where you are in the world.

Reactions: Pearl

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I eat pork (Bacon makes everything better), drink once in a while, and love Christmas.