Should Christians watch "Horror Films"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
i didn't i was talking about oppression not possesion. you need to read a bit better and know the difference between those two things.

and by blind of course i mean blind spiritually.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
teamventure said:
i didn't i was talking about oppression not possesion. you need to read a bit better and know the difference between those two things.

and by blind of course i mean blind spiritually.
Oppression is just as bad. There's aren't demons lurking in movies waiting to pounce when you watch them. No wonder Christians are ridiculed for their silly superstitions.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
This Vale Of Tears said:
Oppression is just as bad. There's aren't demons lurking in movies waiting to pounce when you watch them. No wonder Christians are ridiculed for their silly superstitions.
you still haven't answered my question. what about the first hand experience of Sojourner? i'll copy and paste it:

My wife and I are active in an addictions ministry (drunkenness and pharmakeia ). We have dealt with many people who have, through their “passive participation” in the occult/satanic rituals displayed openly, via the media (e.g. motion pictures), invited devils into their life.

are you just going to ignore first hand experience and testimony? are you calling Sojourner a liar?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
teamventure said:
you still haven't answered my question. what about the first hand experience of Sojourner? i'll copy and paste it:

My wife and I are active in an addictions ministry (drunkenness and pharmakeia ). We have dealt with many people who have, through their “passive participation” in the occult/satanic rituals displayed openly, via the media (e.g. motion pictures), invited devils into their life.

are you just going to ignore first hand experience and testimony? are you calling Sojourner a liar?
I'm calling anecdotal evidence unreliable and a foolish way to form one's beliefs. Those of us in the rational, non-superstitious world use things like scientific studies and empirical evidence to establish facts. Apart from that, a demon could be in your toothbrush, your vacuum cleaner, or maybe even in your children like those who were drowned in a bathtub by their mother because she thought they were possessed. You're free to be as silly and superstitious as you want, but you don't have the right for everyone to agree with you.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
your calling evidence unreliable when you have no evidence of any kind. bringing up science in a spiritual discussion you sound like an atheist.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014

...bringing up science in a spiritual discussion you sound like an atheist.
Any encyclopedia will tell you that the origin of man's "science" is alchemy + religion. It's witchcraft.

So man's "science" is definitely "spiritual" but Satanically "spiritual"!!!

But the Truth is...there's no such thing as science:

1 Timothy 6:20, "O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"