Should sending your child to school be mandatory?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should School be compulsory

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
School is mandatory till highschool I believe. Homeschool M is allowed, but there has to be papers submitted

Reactions: April_Rose

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless we stop equating post-secondary enrollment with being educated. It seems that some of the dumbest people around today are those with degrees from the Ivy League schools. Some of the most foolish people are university professors today. Who do you think is promoting the nonsense about climate change, Marxism, and anarchy?

I have a graduate degree from an American university. But that is simply because I have completed a course of study. My education is basically what I have educated myself with. The true meaning of education should be reviewed. As someone has said: "...education does not mean only the acquisition of knowledge but it is the development of attitudes and skills..."

But an education in a particular course of study means two things...
Obviously you have studied the particular discipline your degree is in...
but more importantly...
You have demonstrated your ability to learn how to learn and can teach yourself a particular discipline...

Which is actually the most important thing.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must admit, even though I hated school and I don't think certain things like knowing about the holocaust and who Joseph Stalin are will prevent me from getting a job,.. they are important to know so history doesn't repeat itself. I just recently learned that.