Shut Up or Go Ahead ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Who are human devils?
Lawlessness is practiced by all those who are going to the hot place.

And I don't understand about the baby being thrown out with the bath water. What bath water? What baby?

of course you don't and I doubt if you will due to radical radicalisation you have probably been unlucky enough to have been through- it will be a hard slog for me - so where and when shall we start - lets start where Jesus said and meant, but this is not really accepted "you must be born again" - we must clearly see and accept that He did not say this to you or I - already faltering due to prior grooming - more later - twinc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
of course you don't and I doubt if you will due to radical radicalisation you have probably been unlucky enough to have been through- it will be a hard slog for me - so where and when shall we start - lets start where Jesus said and meant, but this is not really accepted "you must be born again" - we must clearly see and accept that He did not say this to you or I - already faltering due to prior grooming - more later - twinc
He said it to a Pharisee.
But He said that if one is not born from above, he could not see the Kingdom.
Then Jesus goes on to explain the kingdom and how to be a part of it.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
He said it to a Pharisee.
But He said that if one is not born from above, he could not see the Kingdom.
Then Jesus goes on to explain the kingdom and how to be a part of it.

already a resistance - yes of course a Pharisee viz Nicodemus viz a Jew viz not a Christian = all non Christians must be born again as Christians = it is as clear as mud but most have muddied the water and made it not so clear - furthermore only Nicodemus ,who is laughed to scorn by most as backward really grasped the full implications of what Jesus was really saying viz "you must be born again as a little Christian child" and later He tells us why since adults cannot simply simply simply believe - shall we continue or discontinue - twinc

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lawlessness means without the law.

Lawlessness means Christ-less-ness...without Christ. Moses broke the first commandments written in stone. 1 Corinthians 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it , and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

The second commandments were put into the Ark. Christ is the law. 1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it , in remembrance of me.

If you have the Spirit in you: Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

It is not "fruit" of the law. It is "fruit" of the Spirit. If the Spirit is not there, then you practice lawlessness. Let us not debate the commands of "love God and neighbor." Without Christ (the Spirit) to model us a different kind of love: then the model we present is the model the world has given us. Again, to practice lawlessness.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
already a resistance - yes of course a Pharisee viz Nicodemus viz a Jew viz not a Christian = all non Christians must be born again as Christians = it is as clear as mud but most have muddied the water and made it not so clear - furthermore only Nicodemus ,who is laughed to scorn by most as backward really grasped the full implications of what Jesus was really saying viz "you must be born again as a little Christian child" and later He tells us why since adults cannot simply simply simply believe - shall we continue or discontinue - twinc
So far it sounds OK.
Continue.
But what do you mean non Christians must be born again as Christians?
Some "christians" must be born again as Christians.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Lawlessness means Christ-less-ness...without Christ. Moses broke the first commandments written in stone. 1 Corinthians 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it , and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

The second commandments were put into the Ark. Christ is the law. 1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it , in remembrance of me.

If you have the Spirit in you: Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

It is not "fruit" of the law. It is "fruit" of the Spirit. If the Spirit is not there, then you practice lawlessness. Let us not debate the commands of "love God and neighbor." Without Christ (the Spirit) to model us a different kind of love: then the model we present is the model the world has given us. Again, to practice lawlessness.
Well this is all interesting.
Of course, I don't quite understand what you're getting at.
To be without Christ = Christless
To be without Law = Lawless, Lawlessness

I know we love to say that Jesus saved us, but from what?
He saved us from the bondage of sin, of the evil one.

Jesus requires us to follow the law. I'm not sure if you're agreeing with this or not. I love plain talk.

We must first:
BE BORN FROM ABOVE.
John 3:3
So that we may SEE the Kingdom of God here on earth and become a part of it by NOT practicing lawlessness and we do this with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Simple.
Comments?

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
So far it sounds OK.
Continue.
But what do you mean non Christians must be born again as Christians?
Some "christians" must be born again as Christians.

we cannot and must not deviate from what Jesus actually said and meant or we will as many/most have finish up all mixed up/messed up = Jesus did not say and it is not in the bible but believed that Christians must be born again as Christians - Catholics say once a priest always a priest so once a Christian always a Christian = the final death = were you always a Christian, how would you know for certain maybe you were a Muslim before you were born again as required and destined as a little Christian child = here is the sublime reason why as Jesus said we must love our enemies and especially not execute or kill them or they us for then we kill or hurt or harm our own and His own etc - more later if still interested - twinc

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this is all interesting.
Of course, I don't quite understand what you're getting at.
To be without Christ = Christless
To be without Law = Lawless, Lawlessness

I know we love to say that Jesus saved us, but from what?
He saved us from the bondage of sin, of the evil one.

Jesus requires us to follow the law. I'm not sure if you're agreeing with this or not. I love plain talk.

We must first:
BE BORN FROM ABOVE.
John 3:3
So that we may SEE the Kingdom of God here on earth and become a part of it by NOT practicing lawlessness and we do this with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Simple.
Comments?

I agree the new commandments of love we are to keep, but I also continue to assert that we can not love as we ought without the Spirit. So it is the Spirit's work through us. I don't believe of my own I can produce or represent real love, apart from God.

You posted something a while back that made a real impact on me: you asked, are there not laws within the Kingdom of God and should we not submit to these laws as children of the Kingdom? (Paraphrasing).

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I agree the new commandments of love we are to keep, but I also continue to assert that we can not love as we ought without the Spirit. So it is the Spirit's work through us. I don't believe of my own I can produce or represent real love, apart from God.

You posted something a while back that made a real impact on me: you asked, are there not laws within the Kingdom of God and should we not submit to these laws as children of the Kingdom? (Paraphrasing).
Agreed.
Jesus did not leave us alone.

John 15:5

New American Standard Bible
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed.
Jesus did not leave us alone.

John 15:5

New American Standard Bible
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

not many really understand or accept that we really do nothing but are busy doing nothing for truly "in Him we move and live and have our being" - we do not even breathe but think we do and do not realise that we do not even think but only think we think whereas in fact thoughts occur imho - twinc

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
not many really understand or accept that we really do nothing but are busy doing nothing for truly "in Him we move and live and have our being" - we do not even breathe but think we do and do not realise that we do not even think but only think we think whereas in fact thoughts occur imho - twinc
How many times did you watch Matrix?

I don't understand what you mean.
Care to elaborate?
I agreed with the 3rd sentence about living and moving in Him, but then I got lost ...

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
How many times did you watch Matrix?

I don't understand what you mean.
Care to elaborate?
I agreed with the 3rd sentence about living and moving in Him, but then I got lost ...

probably before your time but there was a song 'Busy doing nothing, working the whole day through trying to find lots of things not to do - busy getting and going nowhere etc - twinc

Reactions: Helen and GodsGrace

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
we cannot and must not deviate from what Jesus actually said and meant or we will as many/most have finish up all mixed up/messed up = Jesus did not say and it is not in the bible but believed that Christians must be born again as Christians - Catholics say once a priest always a priest so once a Christian always a Christian = the final death = were you always a Christian, how would you know for certain maybe you were a Muslim before you were born again as required and destined as a little Christian child = here is the sublime reason why as Jesus said we must love our enemies and especially not execute or kill them or they us for then we kill or hurt or harm our own and His own etc - more later if still interested - twinc

contd - imho yesterday's infidels are todays Christians - thus the Christian saviour is also the saviour of the world - more later - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
contd - imho yesterday's infidels are todays Christians - thus the Christian saviour is also the saviour of the world - more later - twinc

okay discontinued due to lack of interest etc - twinc