Signs In The Heavens

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Bible prophecy contains several periods of time. God uses catchphrases to help us identify these periods of time. In this case, He uses these "signs" in the heavens repeatedly to identify at period of time which takes place after the Tribulation period......

Matthew 24: 29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

......but before the "day of the Lord.

Joel 2: 30And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.

Guy

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Bible prophecy contains several periods of time. God uses catchphrases to help us identify these periods of time. In this case, He uses these "signs" in the heavens repeatedly to identify at period of time which takes place after the Tribulation period......

Matthew 24: 29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

......but before the "day of the Lord.

Joel 2: 30And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.

Guy

You are on the right track Guysmith. Please continue.
-I apologize again for appearing evasive , I am not authorized to reveal the information (yet)
-I highlighted a few words in your above quote. Dont focus too hard on them for now , just keep them in the back of your mind for now.
-some of these signs have already been given , as a precursor to the main event (day of the Lord)
-keep your focus on the time period before (the great and terrible day of the LORD)

Hints :
Remember the other day I said there is a period of "good news" for Israel. That is what comes next.

These following verses contain some of the catchphrases you referred to earlier :

[sup]18[/sup] Then the LORD was jealous for his land and took pity on his people.

especially this one:
19 never again will I make you an object of scorn to the nations.

Wish I could say more , Joel is a rich book and contains snippets of the information , but as you know , Joel bounces from the day of the lord , to before the day of the lord , it can be (hard) for us to structure it properly sometimes. Do not try too hard to structure it all right now.

Keep studying Joel (and other OT prophecy) Guysmith , present your various thoughts here , and I will let you know when you are zeroing in on what is next.

One final hint ..... focus on verse 19 above. It is a key catchphrase. .
There are things to happen between now and before the "dreadful day of the Lord"

Israel , in her long history has never not been the object of scorn to the nations.
But the time is coming ..........

May your hands be well guided when you grab your bible Guy.
Sometimes God has sufficient strength to make it open in the right places for you when you study Guy.

Some get to see that strength in action.
Thin onionskin pages are not all that hard to manipulate.
Arnie Martin W.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Sounds like you think you have a "special" connection to prophecy, Martin, some private interpretation maybe? Well, you don’t!

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Sounds like you think you have a "special" connection to prophecy, Martin, some private interpretation maybe? Well, you don’t!

Not at all Tom.

Tom , you may think that I have made some "private interpretation of prophecy" (your words)
But you are mistaken . I have never made that claim. Please do not put words in my mouth. Thank you.
My claim is that information is forthcoming that clarifies where we are in prophecy , and what is next.
The prophecies are God's alone as written long ago , and as accurate as they have always been.

The news is good . It pertains to Israel. The one in the middle East.

Not the Israel "your private interpretation" tries to present from time to time.

I always try to avoid "private interpretation" , it is a weakness I have , sorry.

The information I have seen , stands up to all scrutiny.

I expect you will also endorse it immediately once you see it . It is not yet public.

I am not the timekeeper of the public release.

Best regards.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
My view on Israel is not private interpretation of prophecy because it is not from Scripture, it's from HISTORY.

You might need someone to, " clarify where we are in prophecy." I know where we are in prophecy.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Based on the OP, we now know when the sixth seal will occur.

Revelation 6:12
And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Guy

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
We know that the GT has a 3 1/2 year duration recognized in Revelation as 1260 days.

Revelation 12:6
And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

And we know that the first resurrection occurs on the DOTL at the beginning of the millennium.

Revelation 20:4-6
4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

So if we want to find the duration of this obscure period which lies between the GT and the DOTL, we need to find a passage which describes the GT, the DOTL and a duration which lies between the GT and the DOTL. And to that search we have the description of the two witnesses which contains all three period.

1. The two witnesses will witness for 1260 days of the GT.

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

2. Their bodies will lie in the streets of Jerusalem for 3 1/2 days after the 1260 days of the GT.

Revelation 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

3. Then after their bodies have laid in the streets of Jerusalem for 3 1/2 days they are resurrected which takes place on the DOTL.

Revelation 11:11And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

So, the period which lies between the GT and the DOTL and is recognized in scripture as a time when the moon will turn to blood and the sun blackened, has a duration of 3 1/2 days.

Guy

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Based on the OP, we now know when the sixth seal will occur.

Revelation 6:12
And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Guy

The sixth seal is already opened.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Here is how I see it. The trib is 7 years. There are 365 days in a year. 7 x 365= 2555 days.

1. The DOTL is .................................................. ...............................1 day
2. The Moon Red/Sun Black is 3 1/2 days rounded up to........................4 days
3. The GT .................................................. .................................1260 days
4. The first half of the tribulation Daniel 12: 11 ..............................+1290 days
Total............................................................... ............................2555 days

Guy

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Here is how I see it. The trib is 7 years. There are 365 days in a year. 7 x 365= 2555 days.

1. The DOTL is .................................................. ...............................1 day
2. The Moon Red/Sun Black is 3 1/2 days rounded up to........................4 days
3. The GT .................................................. .................................1260 days
4. The first half of the tribulation Daniel 12: 11 ..............................+1290 days
Total............................................................... ............................2555 days

Guy

:blink: :blink: :blink:

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Hello tom,

I am sorry, I don't see preterism. And I am not going to try to change your mind.

Guy

Do you even know what Preterism is? If you do and you have read any of my eschatological beliefs you would know that I a definitely not a Preterism. I also know that your numbers are completely off starting with the Day of the Lord.