"Sin Consciousness"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As I was reading this morning…my thoughts were on “sin consciousness”….

I know some , maybe many Christians, seem to still be quite sin conscious.
We’ve had a thread or two on the subject of Repentance.

Some will maybe say- “ But we are to live in the spirit and attitude of repentance. “
I can’t argue with that….but as @bbyrd009 is often saying…'it can mean more than one thing or taken another way'

….IF we live, as Paul instructed us, and as the theme of David is in Psalms declaring, "with praise and thanksgiving always in our mouth"…that is the spirit of repentance!!

We praise and glorify the Lord with thanksgiving and praise...for ALL that He has done. 1 Thes 5:18 "In every thing give thanks: for this IS the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

I believe that we do not have to be always and for ever conscious of sin…but always and ever conscious of HIM!! God is our intended focus, not our shortfalls and failures!

Except when I am on here and happen read about sin, I cannot say that it ever goes through my mind…and hasn’t done for many a year. :cool:

Anyway, just wondering how some others of you think and feel regarding the subject of sin-consciousness?

I personally believe it is a distraction of the Enemy, as in - “Keep them conscious of themselves, keep them grounded, then they won’t be able to have wings and fly high as victorious Christian. “

My thought for today! :)

* "Let us come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”

* "Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
* "Ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

* "I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain.” * "Having therefore, ... boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, His flesh; and having an high priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith.. having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
* "We may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."
*HEB. 4:16. *Phi. 4:6,7. *Rom. 8:15. *Isa. 45:19. *Heb. 10:19,22. *Heb. 13:6.

===

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
I believe that we do not have to be always and for ever conscious of sin…but always and ever conscious of HIM!! God is our intended focus, not our shortfalls and failures!

From my perspective, it seems to be more a matter of "maturity". For the mature, who have moved from milk to meat, no longer need to focus upon such, they know what it is and the manner in which to walk. Thus, there is little need to be conscious of such.

For myself, when I am amoung a group or a person making certain claims that from my POV are "sin", I am conscious of such. Beyond that, such rarely crosses my mind.

Heb 5:13 For every one that partaketh of milk is without experience of the word of righteousness; for he is a babe. 14 But solid food is for fullgrown men, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Richard_oti Thank you for your response. Agree that is probably very true, either there is an immaturity or an uncertainty.
I think those who focus on repentance all the time...cannot be rejoicing in their freedom from darkness into light or confident of God's power to deliver.

"Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
T'was blind but now I see

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear
And Grace, my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Through many dangers, toils and snares
We have already come.
T'was grace that brought us safe thus far
And grace will lead us home."

That is confidence. :)
I have never been to a Christian funeral yet where the preacher says.-
"I hope he/she is saved, and did not forget to keep repenting." :D

Blessed15

Dec 17, 2017
Harare
Faith
Christian
Country
Zimbabwe

Some will maybe say- “ But we are to live in the spirit and attitude of repentance. “
I can’t argue with that….but as @bbyrd009 is often saying…'it can mean more than one thing or taken another way'

….IF we live, as Paul instructed us, and as the theme of David is in Psalms declaring, "with praise and thanksgiving always in our mouth"…that is the spirit of repentance!!

We praise and glorify the Lord with thanksgiving and praise...for ALL that He has done. 1 Thes 5:18 "In every thing give thanks: for this IS the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

Except when I am on here and happen read about sin, I cannot say that it ever goes through my mind…and hasn’t done for many a year. :cool:

Anyway, just wondering how some others of you think and feel regarding the subject of sin-consciousness?

I personally believe it is a distraction of the Enemy, as in - “Keep them conscious of themselves, keep them grounded, then they won’t be able to have wings and fly high as victorious Christian. “

* "Let us come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”

* "Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
* "Ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

* "I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain.” * "Having therefore, ... boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, His flesh; and having an high priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith.. having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
* "We may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."

===

Blessed15

Dec 17, 2017
Harare
Faith
Christian
Country
Zimbabwe

===
True indeed. It is the devil who wants to keep reminding us of our sins so that we remain at the same place. We all have fallen short at some stage (Romans 3:23). What is important is when we acknowledge our sin. We must never try to cover up but to confess our sin so that God cleanses us(1John 1:9) . However, our confess must be sincere such that we do not take God for granted by misuding his forgiving nature.

Reactions: amadeus