Sin is inevitable, unless....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is inevitable, unless one were to die... This is what scripture says;

Romans 6:7 (NASB)
“for he who has died is freed from sin.”

Scripture says that one who has died is freed from sin... What is the meaning of this scripture?

Yes it is true, that if one were to really and truly die they would be free from not only sinning, but free from all influences of this world...

Could it be this is what scripture is talking about? That we, by faith, are supposed to so identify with our deaths in Christ that we are to see ourselves as dead to all things in this world?

If this is true, than most assuredly would this verse be pointing us toward how to be made free from sin...

So then the question would be, have we really and truly died with Christ? For scripture puts forth this truth in so many different ways and so many different places...

Therefore than, it would be a matter of if we were to believe it or not, or still again, if we wanted to believe it or not..

The question could be asked;

Are we willing to die to not only sin, but our very lives of this world? If being willing meant we would be freed from sin and all influences of this world?

For the salvation offered in Christ is absolute, it needs nothing added to it.. The freedom from sin is there, if one would be willing to accept the salvation offered in Christ as it is offered in Christ..

Which is a total giving oneself over to the death that Christ died, as their death... For death frees one from all things... This death that frees one from all things is always accessible to any believer at any moment of time, if one would want it and turn the faith of their heart towards it...

For when Christ died He really and truly took us to death with Him on the cross, this was to free us from the corruption that is in this world through our fall into the life of it... It is reckoning upon this truth as the truth of truths that will free one to walk in this newness of life spoken of...

Faith in one’s death in Christ, as this faith grows, will one begin to walk in this freedom from sin in this newness of life put forth as a free gift... For then one has entered into the rest of God... Now rather then struggle, one trusts... One trusts Christ to live His life in and through them, even if it looks like He would slay them.. Which in fact it really doesn’t matter, because one has already died and their life is hid with Christ in God..

For left to our own devices we will fail, but the salvation we have in Christ, is complete, absolute and awesome to the degree one enters into it..

For those that touch Christ with faith receive.... Be blessed in the salvation that is yours in Christ..

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:7 (NASB)
“for he who has died is freed from sin.”

Scripture says that one who has died is freed from sin... What is the meaning of this scripture?

Yes it is true, that if one were to really and truly die they would be free from not only sinning, but free from all influences of this world...

Could it be this is what scripture is talking about? That we, by faith, are supposed to so identify with our deaths in Christ that we are to see ourselves as dead to all things in this world?

If this is true, than most assuredly would this verse be pointing us toward how to be made free from sin...

So then the question would be, have we really and truly died with Christ? For scripture puts forth this truth in so many different ways and so many different places...

Therefore than, it would be a matter of if we were to believe it or not, or still again, if we wanted to believe it or not..

Nice post!

Now, if you don't mind me interacting here, I think the "dying" referred to by Paul actually involved more than simply believing in the spiritual concept and receiving it "by faith." I think it actually involved bringing the flesh under through fasting and prayer, so that "our earthly members" were "put to death" as it were (Colossians 3:5). This is why Paul talked in Romans so much about the flesh warring against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh.

What you you say to that argument?

God bless you, and always nice to see your contributions on this forum!
- H

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice post!

Now, if you don't mind me interacting here, I think the "dying" referred to by Paul actually involved more than simply believing in the spiritual concept and receiving it "by faith." I think it actually involved bringing the flesh under through fasting and prayer, so that "our earthly members" were "put to death" as it were (Colossians 3:5). This is why Paul talked in Romans so much about the flesh warring against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh.

- H

Thank you, no worries and be blessed..

God teaches all spiritual truths to the heart... As your heart so teaches you Christ, being obedient to that teaching is the all of your relationship with Him..

Be blessed as Christ so teaches you Himself, Not me

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice post!

- H

After some more thought I can’t speak either good or bad to your argument, for it has a place in your heart at the moment, and God uses all things for the growing of Himself in one..

Hope this sets the heart at rest, for only getting to know Him personally is of value..

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Reactions: Hidden In Him

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the commentary from John Gill's Exposition of the Bible
verse by verse commentary here

Romans 6:7

For he that is dead, is freed from sin.
] This is not to be understood of a natural or a corporeal death; for this is the effect of sin, and is inflicted by way of punishment for it, on Christless persons; so far is it from being an atonement for sin, as the Jews

FOOTNOTES:

F20 fancy; besides, there are many persons, who as they die in their sins, they will rise in them; though a natural death is alluded to, when persons are free from those laws and obligations to service and duty they are under whilst living: but here it is to be understood of a spiritual or mystical death, and of persons who are dead to the law, by the body of Christ; dead to sin by the sacrifice and grace of Christ; who are baptized into the death of Christ, and in imitation of him: such are "freed from sin"; not from the being of it; nor from the burden of it; nor from a continual war with it; nor from slips and falls into it; no, not even freed from it, in the most solemn services and acts of religion; but they are freed from the dominion of it, from servitude to it, and also from the guilt of it, and from obligation to punishment on account of it: they are, as it is in the Greek text, and as the Vulgate Latin and Arabic versions read, "justified from sin".

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the commentary from John Gill's Exposition of the Bible
verse by verse commentary here

Romans 6:7

For he that is dead, is freed from sin.
] This is not to be understood of a natural or a corporeal death; for this is the effect of sin, and is inflicted by way of punishment for it, on Christless persons; so far is it from being an atonement for sin, as the Jews

FOOTNOTES:

F20 fancy; besides, there are many persons, who as they die in their sins, they will rise in them; though a natural death is alluded to, when persons are free from those laws and obligations to service and duty they are under whilst living: but here it is to be understood of a spiritual or mystical death, and of persons who are dead to the law, by the body of Christ; dead to sin by the sacrifice and grace of Christ; who are baptized into the death of Christ, and in imitation of him: such are "freed from sin"; not from the being of it; nor from the burden of it; nor from a continual war with it; nor from slips and falls into it; no, not even freed from it, in the most solemn services and acts of religion; but they are freed from the dominion of it, from servitude to it, and also from the guilt of it, and from obligation to punishment on account of it: they are, as it is in the Greek text, and as the Vulgate Latin and Arabic versions read, "justified from sin".

As your heart so teaches you the meaning of the scripture;

‘he that has died is freed from sin’

Be blessed in the understanding of the scripture by experience...

A fellow servant of His, Not me