What shall we say then….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:1-2 (NASB20)
What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? Far from it! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In these words are put forth the emphatic-ness of our not continuing in sin, and also the reason for it… For the Christian faith is meant to, and is for the setting one free from sin… The how of this, the understanding of this, the doing of this has perplexed the honest and well meaning heart of the believing soul even to the point of tears…. Which though painful, is still not enough, for one needs to come to the point of being willing to die.… Meaning that one needs to come to the point of being willing to give up all of one’s life onto death, then grab onto Christ’s death by faith and make His death that one’s death…. For this, is the Christian faith that sets one free from sin…. This faith, that is contrary to all human reasonings says; ‘I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I but Christ’…. This faith, this truth believed, this truth laid hold of when the storms of life come, will be that faith that overcomes all that is laid before this faith…..

Which seems ludicrous to the human mind, but this is the faith of Paul, this is why Paul was accused of preaching a gospel of ‘let us do evil that good may come’, because those not willing to embrace this faith could not understand this faith, henceforth the accusation….

For the Christian is saved stem to stern by faith, rich or poor, young or old, all are saved and set free from sin by the exact same faith…. It is embracing this faith and to the degree of this embracing will the fruit of the new life given in Christ Jesus be experienced….

Oh to the experiencing of this new life the more, blessings, Not me

Reactions: Debp