SinSinSin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4).

Do you wear tzitzit and tallit and tefilin? Do you blow the trumpet every new moon?

If you don't, then you have violated the standard of God's righteousness in the law and therefore, you have sinned; and you sin every moment that you are not wearing tzitzit and tallit and tefilin, you sin every new moon when you don't blow the trumpet.

Well ... that IS FALSE!

"A LAW" has ZERO application (requirement) or consequence (penalty)...
"IF" a person IS NOT "SUBJECT TO the LAW".

How DO YOU "KNOW" "WHAT LAWS" every person "IS" or "IS NOT"..."SUBJECT TO"?

You just Accused me FOUR TIMES of "committing a Sin", For NOT doing something, "YOU claim"... I am "Subject To" (Required) TO DO.

How DID YOU "Decide and Conclude" I am required TO:

????

wear a tzitzit
wear a tallit
wear a tefilin
blow a trumpet every new moon

????

REVEAL How YOU Figured "I was given ANY Legal Requirement to wear Hebrew/Jewish Garments"...

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you have the power to look upon the heart, do you, whereas the rest of us can only look upon the outward appearance?

I have the power to discern that a person is dismissing scripture when they continue to debate what scripture has settled.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we claim everything we are deceived into believing? It is the nature of self-deception to deny, deny, deny.

Ha!
I have NO problem pointing out What "OTHER People SAY "FOR ME"....and DENYING their lies are Truth.

On this forum, there is a handy feature which "When used"...plainly reveals WHAT Individuals Speak FOR Themselves."

More times than NOT...resonders...completely "rewrite" "Change" what an individual says... then Expects the Individual "Be accountable", for What "They" did NOT say.

That is the Devils Works of deception. And it flows rampantly on this forum, and OF the whole World.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's important to note that sin is no longer the transgression of the law contained in ordinances that were only meant to be types or shadows of the Christ. The law of commandments written upon stone is what points out sin.

Have you considered what Paul said?

The Apostle who wrote the commandments of the Lord?

I already quoted them to you but you are not moved by them.

So I’ll leave it here.

Well ... that IS FALSE!

"A LAW" has ZERO application (requirement) or consequence (penalty)...
"IF" a person IS NOT "SUBJECT TO the LAW".

How DO YOU "KNOW" "WHAT LAWS" every person "IS" or "IS NOT"..."SUBJECT TO"?

You just Accused me FOUR TIMES of "committing a Sin", For NOT doing something, "YOU claim"... I am "Subject To" (Required) TO DO.

How DID YOU "Decide and Conclude" I am required TO:

????

wear a tzitzit
wear a tallit
wear a tefilin
blow a trumpet every new moon

????

REVEAL How YOU Figured "I was given ANY Legal Requirement to wear Hebrew/Jewish Garments"...

For those who base their salvation on their ability to keep from sinning (i.e. their works or law-keeping), they are required to keep the whole law (Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48)...every letter in the Old testament and in the New.

However, for those who know that their salvation is based on forgiveness through the blood of Christ, sanctification means that the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in those who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4).

For they are no longer bound by the letter (they are delivered from the law) because they are basing their salvation on forgiveness through (faith in) the blood of Christ. And now, because they walk no longer after the flesh but after the Spirit, they walk in newness of spirit rather than in the oldness of the letter (Romans 7:6).

How do you figure I'm calling Paul a liar?

Why resort to Dirty deceiving Trickery?
I never mentioned figuring any such thing!

I wasn't talking to you there.

Why do you suddenly resort to accusation?

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point being...
It is all strawman.
One declaring A belief, act, and claims "FOR another..."
When the other, never makes that claim of Belief or Act.

Again strawman... the accuser...dictating false beliefs and false acts for another.

Ya the questions may sound silly...but then, so are the accusations.

Is that all your argument entails. lol ...the old strawman cop out.

What accusation? I was stating fact. Are you actually saying there aren't people out there that feel they can sin all they like and still get to heaven? If so, you need to get out more, I know several people that hold the license to sin view.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's important to note that sin is no longer the transgression of the law contained in ordinances that were only meant to be types or shadows of the Christ.
It's not that you don't have to fulfill those lawful requirements. It's just that they are already fulfilled for you through your faith in Christ's work on the cross. No outstanding debt of those literal laws remains for the believer because those laws seek to do that which is already done for the believer.

If that makes no sense, consider that we don't have to literally keep the laws for blood sacrifice because through Christ the lawful requirement for blood atonement has already been met for us in Christ, and so the literal requirement in the law for blood can be set aside and is marked 'satisfied', not marked 'broken' by the believer, even though he doesn't actually keep it. Meanwhile, the lawful requirement in the law to love others does remain for us to literally fulfill.

Romans 13:8
8Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law (do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not covet, etc.).

But even that debt of law that remains to be kept by us is satisfied through our faith in Christ when we walk in the Spirit, not hurting other people. When we don't keep that command (by lying, stealing, coveting, hating, holding grudges, etc.) we are in fact breaking the law—the law we are required to uphold and fulfill through faith in Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone else noticed that threads which discuss our salvation become so focused on sin?

Why is that?
Because Christians don't understand that the penalty for sin did not change. Not sinning doesn't save you. But willfully sinning in unbelief will in fact condemn you. Faith in Christ does not change the penalty for sin. It protects us from that penalty. People who live in willful, unrepentant sin are in unbelief and are not protected from that penalty no matter how much they claim they love God and have faith in him.

Salvation is through faith in Christ.

Why aren't we talking more about that?

Much love!
Because the church knows this through and through. That's not where the church needs to be educated. They need to be educated about what genuine salvation through faith in Christ looks like. So they can know if they really have it or not and are prepared to meet Christ when he comes back.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You avoided answering how you concluded I am Commiting a sin if I do not wear particular garments or blow a trumpet when there is a new moon.

Can you stay on point and answer the question?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What accusation? I was stating fact.

LOL...back at ya.

You were stating a Fact?
Then you have a source for your Fact ... Right?

Are you actually saying there aren't people out there that feel they can sin all they like and still get to heaven?

I'm actually saying...you have provided NO facts that anyone has said what you claim.

People out there...Pretty Vague.
Feelings of People out there...Very Vague.
Sin all "they"...(some invisible unknown people).. like....and get to Heaven.

LOL...what a load of irrelevant nonsense!

If so, you need to get out more, I know several people that hold the license to sin view.

Funny how you are the only one talking for "these" people only you know.

There are hundreds of people on this forum ... why not QUOTE ONE person on this forum...making the "Claim they have a license to Sin?"

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...back at ya.

You were stating a Fact?
Then you have a source for your Fact ... Right?

I'm actually saying...you have provided NO facts that anyone has said what you claim.

People out there...Pretty Vague.
Feelings of People out there...Very Vague.
Sin all "they"...(some invisible unknown people).. like....and get to Heaven.

LOL...what a load of irrelevant nonsense!

Funny how you are the only one talking for "these" people only you know.

There are hundreds of people on this forum ... why not QUOTE ONE person on this forum...making the "Claim they have a license to Sin?"
Ditto I have yet to hear one person on this forum who believes the following:

Romans 6:1-2
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

the person is full of strawman arguments and ad hominems......................

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you considered what Jesus said about the law?

Mat 5:17, Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18, For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19, Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20, For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone else noticed that threads which discuss our salvation become so focused on sin?

Why is that?

Salvation is through faith in Christ.

Why aren't we talking more about that?

Much love!

Why? Because we have an enemy trying to rob us.

The book of Hebrews has some of the most explicit warnings in the entire Bible as to our need to be vigilant, and the enemy knows this. So he has concocted a twisting of truth to somehow try to convince us that these warnings somehow are not meant to apply to us. And if we bite into that apple, we are putting ourselves at great risk. We are instructed not to be ignorant of his devices for a reason. This is a warning from God Himself. I pray we finally take it to heart and seek His face.

"But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Hebrews 3:6-14

Why is sin talked about in discussing salvation? Because sin hardens hearts and it with the heart we believe unto salvation. The very mentality that says "Well I am saved none the less, so I am not going to sweat a little sin. That is being 'sin conscious' and shows unbelief." is an afront to the Word of God and the corrections, exhortations and warnings God gives us through the Holy Spirit.

Warnings such as these are not only found in Hebrews but in over a dozen other places in the New Testament by Paul, Peter, James, John and Jude. Ignoring the warnings in Hebrews will be no excuse when God has given us plenty of others to back them up and insure we are not walking in disobedience.

If we are not receiving chastenings when we sin, if we refuse to repent because we have been convinced we are safe regardless, God tells us we are illegitimate children and not sons. It is not too late to break before God and draw near to Him, for He has a way to cause us to obey Him. The only catch is...... we have to want deliverance from our sin nature as badly as Paul did in Romans 7.

blessings,

Gideon

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we are not receiving chastenings when we sin, if we refuse to repent because we have been convinced we are safe regardless, God tells us we are illegitimate children and not sons. It is not too late to break before God and draw near to Him, for He has a way to cause us to obey Him. The only catch is...... we have to want deliverance from our sin nature as badly as Paul did in Romans 7.

Holds up sign... DO NOT FEED THE DUCKS!

Gideon... You are the only person I have ever heard share a testimony about having a supernatural experience with God... and translating that into an obsession regarding the behaviour of other Christians. It is so sad to me that you claim to have seen/felt/heard... yet you remain a legalistic judge of others.

Apparently... you seem to feel that you repented for your SIN adequately... therefore God showed up for you... and it is now your job to tell others they need to adequately repent.

Last edited by a moderator:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
—the law we are required to uphold and fulfill through faith in Christ.

No, it is not that we are any more required to fulfill the law, if we are forgiven through the blood of Christ.

If we are forgiven, the law does not condemn us any more if we fail to keep it.

As a matter of fact, God desires for us to keep the law rather than requiring us to keep it.

And the Holy Ghost within us will do the work of causing us to walk in His statutes and in His judgments.

Because we are forgiven, there is no more condemnation if we fail to keep the law.

However, those who are forgiven keep the law better than those who feel that they would be condemned over not keeping it.

We have the grace of the Lord in our lives, and because of this grace, we bear the fruit of the Spirit; against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).
Why, @Taken, did you attribute to me things that were not said by me?

Here:

SinSinSin

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha!
I have NO problem pointing out What "OTHER People SAY "FOR ME"....and DENYING their lies are Truth.

On this forum, there is a handy feature which "When used"...plainly reveals WHAT Individuals Speak FOR Themselves."

More times than NOT...resonders...completely "rewrite" "Change" what an individual says... then Expects the Individual "Be accountable", for What "They" did NOT say.

That is the Devils Works of deception. And it flows rampantly on this forum, and OF the whole World.
I can't argue with that.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who base their salvation on their ability to keep from sinning (i.e. their works or law-keeping), they are required to keep the whole law (Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48)...every letter in the Old testament and in the New.
Straw man--practically no one believes this.
And now, because they walk no longer after the flesh but after the Spirit, they walk in newness of spirit rather than in the oldness of the letter (Romans 7:6).
Agreed, but the very next verse says:

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. (Romans 7:7)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ditto I have yet to hear one person on this forum who believes the following:

Romans 6:1-2
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

the person is full of strawman arguments and ad hominems......................
I believe the teaching is called Free Grace. It teaches that a 'believer' can be in unbelief (yes, that's a contradiction) and live willingly and unrestrained in any amount of sin they want, and for any reason they want, and they will still be saved when Jesus comes back. Why? They say Romans 5:20 is why, and, because salvation is not by works. bloodbought53 and Behold believe this teaching.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Straw man--practically no one believes this.

You should believe in what I said to you; because it is biblical.

But if you are saying that no one believes that they are saved by their not sinning....I think that this is a common misconception that the world has about religion...so yes, there are many who believe in that.

And now, because they walk no longer after the flesh but after the Spirit, they walk in newness of spirit rather than in the oldness of the letter (Romans 7:6).

Agreed, but the very next verse says:

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. (Romans 7:7)

Is there a point to your pointing that out?

Status
Not open for further replies.