SinSinSin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Therefore to sin willfully would be out of the question;[/QUO

“ Willfull Sinning”, which is something that everybody —including you and I — does everyday if you THINK About It ,is not” out if the question”.It is the Norm.Its also Covered by the Blood.
When you willfully sin tomorrow , ask yourself— what does “GOD” do when I purposely sin? He puts it on the Cross and “ forgets” about . Now.....you do likewise.Grace sure is unfair, isn’t it?
It should be added—— if you think that, because of Grace, you can go out and commit any kind of sin that you want — especially Willful Sin, and “ get away with it”...... you are thinking like a Fool . If you are a Saved “ Child Of God” , God will take you to His “Woodshed” and give you a good Spanking....The most SEVERE Spankings go to those that commit Willful Sins , and to those that think they can play God for a Sucker because of His Grace...
Salvation is never in question.....that was a “ GIFT” remember ? The Gifts Of God are” without recall”
Do you think all of this “after Salvation” Sinning took God By Surprise? Of course not! His Remedy for this sort of thing is Chastisement —- NOT Damnation! Saved Believers that were Foolish and Trifled with God’s Grace will stand alongside those Believers that were Wise an Obedient . They will just have fewer Eternal Rewards and a lot more Welts on their Rear-Ends as they stand there......The choice to be Wise or Foolish is ours ......God always puts a Premium on Freedom.....He never wanted a Race Of “ Robots”...... Christian or Non- Christian...... God bless...
This brings up another reason why I find obsession with sin problematic. We do not know ourselves sufficiently to be a proper judge.

Some judge themselves harshly, and some with complete denial. But the Holy Spirit works inside us with true understanding.

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because getting a handle on sin is part of what gives us that salvation.

Obedience to what God requires of us is very important, and he requires we not live in sin.

To the person who thinks that if they commit sin, or if they commit "too much sin", that they will cease to be born again, and will be condemned as before . . .

To the person who thinks that their ability to conquer their sin will determine their salvation . . .

I'd recommend a full obsession with sin. Learn everything you can about sin. Learn all you can about human physchology, to better understand yourself. Seek wisdom and discernment, and examine your heart and your thoughts and your motives for doing what you do, to try to avoid this "re-death".

However, Paul said that he wasn't a fit judge of himself to say whehter he was justified or not. How should we expect that we will succeed where Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, did not?

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little harsh, Sister CL.

OSAS is the root of my harshness. It is a very dangerous doctrine of demons. I care, just like Paul did in 1 Corinthians 1. Do you think turning someone over the Satan is singing them lullabies? Not wanting to talk about sin, and saying things like obsession with sin, is a clue that they do not know why Jesus came and how our sin nature separated us from God in the first place. We can't keep it; we MUST be born again to stop the cause of the separation. It is God who is obsessed with sin. He can't stand it. Turning to false teachers is the trap that can cause many to stay out of the Kingdom of Heaven who go to church every week! If you think I was harsh, I think passionate would be better as I don't want to see anyone stay damned. It is for their good, not evil. Just as the wounds of a friend are better than the kisses of an enemy. I understand that. If you don't like that in me, I understand that too.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No... The thoughts spoken of here are those that would drive our desire to fulfill the lusts of the flesh and of the mind.

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5)

(Ephesians 2:2-3)
“Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.”
Yes, other thoughts already are obedient to Christ. So we identify the thoughts supplied by the flesh, and compare them to thoughts consistent with the mind of Christ, and if they don't match up, well, we know what to do!

:)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to the Bible.

Scripture teaches that we win against sin by being obedient to our Lord and Master Jesus Christ.

Romans 6:15-27

“What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.”

And Christ himself said:

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." (John 15:14)
This is what we did when we repented.

Romans 6:13
Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Now we are to "yield ourselves unto God, as those alive from the dead."

This is an affirmative move towards God, recognizing that we join Him in life now, having been made alive from among the dead ones.

The new creation, our new man, is alive unto God. We are to yield ourselves to Him. The sin issue is already addressed in the redeemed.

Romans 6:9-11
9) Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Likewise . . . you too. Dead to sin, alive to God, Just like Jesus, we've died to sin once, and now we are alive to God.

Living unto God, this is something we are doing now, regardless of our mood or behavior. It's not based on that, it's based on having died and risen with Christ.

In recognizing that I'm forgiven, and in knowing I'm alive unto Him, then I want to have my fellowship with Him, which is the best antidote to sin I've ever found!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

It is commanded by the holy scriptures.

"If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord." (1 Corinthians 14:37)

"For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 4:2)

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4)

And knowing that Satan is father of lies (John 8:44), he is the one that would have you rooted in no legalism.
However, the notion that keeping commandments is what will gain you salvation, or that not keeping commandments will lose salvation, this replace grace through faith with works, doesn't it?

According to Paul in Galatians, this is "fallen from grace".

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am amazed that people believe this foolishness.

The practice of sacrificing animals is explained in “Hebrews” as a thing that cannot take away sins or make man perfect as it pertains to his conscience (Hebrews 9:9). It is not referred to as willfully sinning. That is a false teaching that gets repeated so often by so many that unless one is guarding themself by constant and frequent Bible reading and spiritual discipline will be seduced to this flesh pleasing alluring doctrine. This has been invented by crafty men who use fair speeches and good words to deceive the simple (Romans 16:18). You are in error to attribute the willful sin in Hebrews 10:26 to refer only to returning to the Old Testament sacrificial system.
There remains no other sacrifice, once the Jew knew about Jesus. You couldn't just ignore Jesus, and go back to the temple to offer a goat as if the blood of the Son of God was no better than the blood of the goat.

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I'm reminded once again of Peter. . . when he started to walk on the water towards Jesus then took his focus off of Christ and onto himself than he sank and cried out to Jesus for help.

I think another post that hits the nail on the head. Look at Jesus, and walk on water. Look at the waves, and sink beneath them.

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't that the truth. Can you imagine being Peter, the very first "pope," to walk around knowing that many people are reading Galatians 2:11-16. There is no one in the New Testament that caused more individual problems than Peter. You may have noticed that in reading all of Paul's writings, and all that follows from Acts 7 (where Saul arrives on the scene), after he reprimands Peter for causing people to Turn from Christianity, he, Paul, only references Peter one time. One time? Brutal . . . we know that Peter suffered a great deal from knowing that these stories about him were spreading further and further aroundthe world. In fact, Peter was so problematic to the Christian Faith . . . if I were to ever to debate against Christendom, I'd do it through Peter to prove that the Christian Faith was a sham. Poor guy.
One time my Bible study group was about to go through 1 & 2 Peter. Before starting, though, we combed through the Bible for every last reference to Peter, and looked at them all one night. It was a long study, but when we were done, I had a much different perception of Peter from the foot-in-mouth bumbler I've heard from so many pulpits.

I know it's pretty popular to bag on the guy, but if I could be just a fraction of the man he was . . .

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard it said once that, Church is for believers, not unbelievers. Yes, Christians who are truly born again already know that living in sin is wrong...preaching to the choir??

Discipleship?? What's that??!! Haha. How correct this is! New Christians are flailing about in these Church's today. It is a very sad thing to watch the children of God wax cold in their love and concern for their brothers and sisters.
xo
Discipleship, yes! What does discipleship look like under sin-sniffers?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am truly sad at the number of believers here who do not realize the enormous change and transformation that takes place the moment we become children of god at the new birth/ being born again/ baptized in the spirit/ being saved. It is like a 10.0 earthquake on the Richter Scale.
There, that's my heart for the people of God.

So that we all may understand this, and rejoice!

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One time my Bible study group was about to go through 1 & 2 Peter. Before starting, though, we combed through the Bible for every last reference to Peter, and looked at them all one night. It was a long study, but when we were done, I had a much different perception of Peter from the foot-in-mouth bumbler I've heard from so many pulpits.

I know it's pretty popular to bag on the guy, but if I could be just a fraction of the man he was . . .

Much love!
Agreed and the only reason I ever bring him up is to counter sinless perfectionism. I think its deadly and places our focus on works/performance in leu of resting and abiding in Him. I love Peter and all the Apostles as they are so different from one another yet they sacrificed their lives for Christ and their desire was to please Him.

hope this helps !!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
History has taught me that what many call the Baptism in the Spirit is more of an emotional experience one had that was more powerful than others and consider the emotional woosh, the Spirit Baptism. The spirit enters at regeneration, in fact He causes the regeneration whether we have any feelings or not!
I was emotionally numb for about a week after my rebirth. Which fits with what's up with me. Joy came later.

I think we may be filled with the Spirit at later times for special reasons, but that shouldn't be misunderstood as a "second benefit", or something like that.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To achieve obedience you must have something to be obedient to.... a law.

Romans 5:20 "Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:"

Romans 7:4-6
4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5) For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6) But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

1 Timothy 1:8-10
8) But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9) Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10) For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

I think these all refer to the Mosaic Law. We are to be obedient to "the law of Christ", that is, whatever Jesus wants me to do, as He speaks to my heart, and moves in my mind.

Much love!

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="Blood Bought 1953, post: 905757, member: 8846"]Willfull Sinning”, which is something that everybody —including you and I — does everyday if you THINK About It ,is not” out if the question[/QUOTE]

I think you have a wrong definition for willful sin.

Willful sin is eager to sin, or one who lives in sin, not someone who sins on occasion by temptation. And it is not as you claim , everybody is not eager to sin daily or willful sinners, as a matter of fact many of us set out not to sin, or we are not willing, we are tempted, or do spur of the moment sin, but again, we dont live in sin as you are saying or plan to sin...big difference.

However, Paul said that he wasn't a fit judge of himself to say whehter he was justified or not. How should we expect that we will succeed where Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, did not?

Paul didn't say he did not succeed, he succeeded at judging himself the best any human could. God does everything better than us, but it doesnt mean we don't succeed at anything.

Please stop twisting scripture so it says what you want it to say..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.