SinSinSin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jo 3:8, He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...focused on sin?

Why is that?

Much love!

Talking ABOUT Sin...ACCUSING OF SIN...is the focus.

Discuss what SIN means to individuals...
Quick Deflection, Accusation, Name calling, Repeat.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Virtually no one acknowledges the utter Core of the Bible, which is the Work of Christ. It absolutely boggles my mind.

Colossians 2:9-15.
I think this is much better to hold at the center of our hearts. To fill our speech with.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to the Bible.

Scripture teaches that we win against sin by being obedient to our Lord and Master Jesus Christ.

Romans 6:15-27

“What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.”

And Christ himself said:

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." (John 15:14)

Galatians 5 tells us that if we walk in the Spirit, we will not fulfill the desires of the flesh. So rather than fight against sin, take the proactive approach of remaining in conscious fellowship with God. What takes us away from conscious fellowship with God? It's not that God somehow withdraws Himself, for He has promised, I will never leave you nor forsake you.

So rather than God leaving us, and we don't actually leave Him, not if the Spirit of Christ lives inside us, instead of an actual breach in fellowship, we just think that happens at times we recognize issues in our behavior and/or thoughts.

And this is when we fail to trust in the completeness of our reconciliation.

When we know in our hearts that God has forgiven all our sin, that God will never account us guilty again, then we know we can always fellowship with Him. Since that's what our new creation spirit wants, it's what we do. And in fellowship with Him, trusting Him, we walk in His Spirit, and therefore do not sin.

The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ has set us free from the Law of Sin and Death.

The answer to the Law of Sin and Death, we are subject to sin, and therefore subject to death, is the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ. Whe have received the Spirit, Who makes us alive with the life of Christ.

So let us live as those who are live from among the rest of the dead ones.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just preparing to write a post that deals with the same concerns that you speak of ....probably post it tonight.....God Bless you For the one that “ you” wrote.....
Sometimes when my wife and I are praying, something will cross my mind, but I don't say it, only to hear my wife pray the same thing in her next breath.

God is good!

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sometimes when my wife and I are praying, something will cross my mind, but I don't say it, only to hear my wife pray the same thing in her next breath.

God is good!

Much love!
@marks My wife and I think alike, too....

Good for husbands and wives to read the Scriptures and pray together... :)

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Inanutshell...

SIN is Against God.
SIN AGAINST God IS Unbelief IN God
ONLY God Can Forgive SIN AGAINST Him.

•MEN teach, preach, dictate, manipulate, effect... SIN is MAN AGAINST MAN....

•Thus Creating an EVER ENDING NEED FOR MEN TO "REPEATEDLY" BE FORGIVEN.

Thus Creating A HOAX THAT...
GODS FORGIVENESS is NOT SUFFICIENT!!!

Not once does Scripture teach for Earthly MEN to BELIEVE IN Earthly MEN.

Not once does Scripture teach Gods "FORGIVENESS FOR having HAD DISBELIEF IN God" requires Repeating.

Glory to God...
Taken
That's a very good point!

We need to understand how the settling of my sin issue is strictly between God and me.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is the question to the answer.

Christian salvation is not only deliverance from the penalty of sin; it is deliverance from the inevitability of sin. The salvation that Christ brings is deliverance from the evil that is present in each individual who follows him. The man or woman who follows him confesses himself or herself to be a sinner, while at the same time, mourning to be set free from sin, confident that whatever he prays according to God's will, God will give him or her whatever they ask.

Christian Salvation
I think my answer is a little different. Being born again is to be a new creature, not like the old one. And that we have been set free from the power of sin and the flesh.

Renewing the mind is learning to think that way, I think!

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @marks,

The enemy of our souls knows (if Christians do not) that Christ is the source of all our strength and blessing. His one aim, therefore, is to keep the heart from being occupied with Christ. Any means will serve his purpose so long as this can be accomplished. So he will occupy,
The sinner with his sins,
The penitent with his repentance
The believer with his faith
The servant with his service
and the saint with his holiness.​
Anything so long as it is not Christ. How many are being perplexed and hindered by being directed to this self-occupation?

Looking unto Christ, now risen and glorified and sat at God's right hand, in the knowledge that in God's reckoning we have been raised and seated with Him there: and looking for His appearing in the sure hope of appearing with Him in glory. This is the antidote to self absorption. With a heart filled with praise for the finished work of Christ who has secured us for eternity by His one all-sufficient sacrifice.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Yes I'm reminded once again of Peter( poor guy I use him all the time to illustrate the truth and our human weaknesses) when he started to walk on the water towards Jesus then took his focus off of Christ and onto himself than he sank and cried out to Jesus for help. He was doing great when he was focused on Jesus instead of the circumstances surrounding him.

Matthew 14:22-33

22 Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23 After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, 24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.

25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.

27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”

28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

29 “Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Reactions: charity and marks

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think my answer is a little different. Being born again is to be a new creature, not like the old one. And that we have been set free from the power of sin and the flesh.

Much love!

What you have described is the Circumcision of Christ. Enjoy these verses . . . virtually no one acknowledges them, though they are the Core of the entire Bible.

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - 9 For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.

Reactions: marks

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is through faith in Christ.

Why aren't we talking more about that?

IMO, sin remains important because we are, hopefully, seeking to live as Jesus lived and to follow His "way". I am saved by my faith - that is done and over. There is nothing more to put my mind to regarding faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus as a payment for my sins and reception of the promise of eternal life. I believe - that is all. But, beyond belief that Jesus saves there are a myriad of issues regarding how to follow Jesus more closely. All of these issues about following Jesus' "way" have to do with errors (sins/missing the mark) in my lifestyle and belief system. Therefore, sin remains the primary issue for those who wish to emulate Christ. However, sin has been transformed by our new knowledge - good works do not get me to the promised land and I am not going to be punished in accord with the Old Testament laws (an eye for an eye). Instead, sins are signals, clues that I have wavered from the "way" of Jesus. It is pleasing to God when my behavior and my thoughts are more in accord with Jesus' behaviors and thoughts.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I'm reminded once again of Peter( poor guy I use him all the time to illustrate the truth and our human weaknesses)

Isn't that the truth. Can you imagine being Peter, the very first "pope," to walk around knowing that many people are reading Galatians 2:11-16. There is no one in the New Testament that caused more individual problems than Peter. You may have noticed that in reading all of Paul's writings, and all that follows from Acts 7 (where Saul arrives on the scene), after he reprimands Peter for causing people to Turn from Christianity, he, Paul, only references Peter one time. One time? Brutal . . . we know that Peter suffered a great deal from knowing that these stories about him were spreading further and further aroundthe world. In fact, Peter was so problematic to the Christian Faith . . . if I were to ever to debate against Christendom, I'd do it through Peter to prove that the Christian Faith was a sham. Poor guy.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't that the truth. Can you imagine being Peter, the very first "pope," to walk around knowing that many people are reading Galatians 2:11-16. There is no one in the New Testament that caused more individual problems than Peter. You may have noticed that in reading all of Paul's writings, and all that follows from Acts 7 (where Saul arrives on the scene), after he reprimands Peter for causing people to Turn from Christianity, he, Paul, only references Peter one time. One time? Brutal . . . we know that Peter suffered a great deal from knowing that these stories about him were spreading further and further aroundthe world. In fact, Peter was so problematic to the Christian Faith . . . if I were to ever to debate against Christendom, I'd do it through Peter to prove that the Christian Faith was a sham. Poor guy.
Yet God still used his weaknesses for His Glory and many were saved through Peter's obedience to the gospel and its preaching. So there is hope for all of us who have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Amen!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because we need to be aware if any still have a problem with sin, they haven't been freed from it, and are NOT born again. Don't you want to make sure that Jesus won't be talking to you and saying, "Depart from me, I never knew you, you who practice wickedness." Matthew 7:21-23.

So if you don't care about others salvation, just keep your rose colored OSAS glasses on. I care, and that's why I feel it is the most important issue in the Church. Because we can't free ourselves, so we must give it to Jesus, and He will give you the power to be sinless. Then you can stop worrying about sin, and start the life-long journey to becoming perfect in the fruit of the Spirit. 2 Peter 1:5-7.
A little harsh, Sister CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.