Site down

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Giving, in my understanding, means no strings attached.
If it's investing, be honest and call it that.
The only thing we need to INVEST IN , And i mean with all we have , IS THE LORD .
You are right my friend . Giving comes with no strings attached . If i give to have my way , i am no better
than the man that gives a gift to PERVERT JUDGMENT IN MY FAVOR . YOU RIGHT MY FRIEND .
They who give a gift for any other reason than to give , out of love , DO SO unto their own peril and destruction .
For they give not for the good of anyone , only to their own destruction .
Let me explain the last line . ANYONE who gives for any other cause than to help out THE OTHER
Gives for their own exaltation . aka they give for the agenda of what they believe works out best for their own desires and greeds .
Whatever happened to giving just cause we love the person. WHY we give is just as important as the fact we give .
GOD knows the innermost thoughts . HE KNOWS WHY we do as we do . HE ALWAYS KNOWS . EVEN IF WE deceive ourselves and others .
WHY WE DO , SHOWS WHOSE WE ARE . I could give tons of money to the poor , folks could think i was the most loving man that
ever lived . BUT WHY DID I DO . WHY DID I GIVE . I have seen many , like george sorros , like oprah whimphrey
that can out give me on any given day . They gave in one sitting more than i will probably be able to give in my entire life , MONEY WISE
But why do they do as they do . IS it truly from the heart , from the inspiration o GOD . OR , OR
do they do as they do for to be seen of men , or to have gain . Speaking of the latter
My advice is we all flee the prosperity gospel of men .
Let me explain that as well .
There once was a child and he approached a man .
The man saw he held a candy bar . The man noticed another child dressed in rags who had nothing .
The first child was at the register to buy the candy . SO he bought the bar . The man then said
to the child who bought the bar , My dear sweet child , GOD has given you the means to buy the bar
why not share with the child who has not the means to buy the bar, but hungers .
And the child said , NO sir , this is MY bar .
The man then says if ye will give to the child who lacks i will give you TWO bars .
Then the child said YES SIR I will give him half my bar . TELL ME TRUMAN , WHY DID THE GREEDY CHILD GIVE
was it cause he loved the child , OR THE BAR .
SO TOO IS THE PROSPERITY GOSPEL THEY DONT GIVE to those who lack because they lack , nor because they love them
THEY GIVE CAUSE THEY LOVE THE GAIN . IF one gives cause he expects more , HE GIVES cause he loves the more .
Now for a word from JESUS . GIVE TO THOSE WHO CANNOT REPAY YOU , EXPECTING NOTHING . HEED THAT . EXPECTING NOTHING
and great shall your reward be IN HEAVEN . AND where your treasures are , THERE IS YOUR HEART .