Six Year Old Child Shot And Killed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then,... What do we do about it? Also,.. all those of you who are thinking "but the child is with Jesus now so why should it matter in these circumstances?" Let me just ask you one question. Does that make it any easier for Devin to go through something like this? I think not.

Well locking up dangerous criminals and guns is key. And I think that idea has been pushed for some time now. Mental health also is addressed and also key regarding suicides. I think they're doing everything they can, just not everyone listens until it's too late. So we pray for them all.

The other side of the coin is taking away everyone's guns. And I got into a debate on that some time ago and Japan has no guns, and they still are killed with knives instead. (children killed with knives in japan - Google Search)

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well locking up dangerous criminals and guns is key. And I think that idea has been pushed for some time now. Mental health also is addressed and also key regarding suicides. I think they're doing everything they can, just not everyone listens until it's too late. So we pray for them all.

The other side of the coin is taking away everyone's guns. And I got into a debate on that some time ago and Japan has no guns, and they still are killed with knives instead. (children killed with knives in japan - Google Search)

Another good thing to do would be to go over gun safety with kids and show them the following video. Gun safety is something that you can't go over too much in my opinion. These days you never know when a child can run a crossed a gun.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another good thing to do would be to go over gun safety with kids and show them the following video. Gun safety is something that you can't go over too much in my opinion. These days you never know when a child can run a crossed a gun.

I was taught gun safety as a child. I shot my first shotgun at age 4. I don't own guns now since I'm mentally disabled (which happened about age 24). But yeah keeping the gun locked up from children is the primary line of defense.

The problem in the debate is that a gun is like magic, just aim and pull the trigger and your target is shot. People actually have to think about killing with a knife. So teaching children the dangers of guns is a good idea. Making sure they know that once the trigger is pulled lives are changed forever and people can die.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, not here for the fun of it.

That is sad. When I'm not slaving away at the office, I try to have as much fun in my free time as possible. For instance, while others get worked up over politics, I find it an endless source of fun - such as pointing out the hypocrisy in politicians. I saw a meme this week that pointed out the fact that Senator Schumer voted 3 times to build the wall before Trump wanted to.

Rush Limbaugh made a career out of pointing out hypocrisy every day for 30 years. A great example is how the media treats a murder with the right combination of perpetrator and victim compared to when the facts do not advance their narrative. Sure, it could be outraging if you let it. IMO, laughing and having fun in life is a hallmark that separates Conservatives from Leftists. Leftist have to be glum, knowing somewhere there is something to be all offended by. LOL

Reactions: dev553344

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is sad. When I'm not slaving away at the office, I try to have as much fun in my free time as possible. For instance, while others get worked up over politics, I find it an endless source of fun - such as pointing out the hypocrisy in politicians. I saw a meme this week that pointed out the fact that Senator Schumer voted 3 times to build the wall before Trump wanted to.

Rush Limbaugh made a career out of pointing out hypocrisy every day for 30 years. A great example is how the media treats a murder with the right combination of perpetrator and victim compared to when the facts do not advance their narrative. Sure, it could be outraging if you let it. IMO, laughing and having fun in life is a hallmark that separates Conservatives from Leftists. Leftist have to be glum, knowing somewhere there is something to be all offended by. LOL

well, no ones going to begrudge you that entertainment, but the word politician means lying hypocrite, its just isn't in the dictionaries yet.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As one living in Los Angeles, the murder of the little boy as his mother drove him to school.....this was all over our news, each and every news broadcast. It's been covered every day since it happened. The reward keeps growing as people donate more. As of last night the reward was $310,000.

Also, they now have a picture of the car and are asking for people to help find it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be completely honest I was a bit young to shoot a 12 gauge. An adult was also holding it and my fingers got hurt.

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I know,.. but it's still awful. :(

Heck yeah it's awful! ALL kids deaths are awful!
Thing of it is? If ya put out a news story on every single child kilt?
You'd have a channel running 24/7 with just that!
Tells ya how far this country has gone down the crapper!

And how desenstized we as a society has gotten BECAUSE of it!

We as Christians just have to persevere THROUGH all this!
Cuz it ain't gonna get no better!
Unless, or Until enough people get sick and tired of it and do something about it!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks and now it's time for the dance party and you guys really aren't going to make me party rock by myself are you? :( (Come on, @Grailhunter only turns sixty-four once.)
Hey there!
Dancing is good.
You need to delete this post...it is in the wrong thread....
See ya on the other thread.
I will delete mine

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey there!
Dancing is good.
You need to delete this post...it is in the wrong thread....
See ya on the other thread.
I will delete mine

No it wasn't,.. I was just letting everybody know about the party thread last night that was a part of this thread as well. Anyways,.. back to the subject at hand.