Smoke weed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aldohol as a pain reliever??? I've seen many people drown out their pain with alcohol.

I don't know if this is a good idea--I've never seen it prescribed except for a little wine for thy stomachs sake. But then again, Im not sure what Paul means because drinking can cause ulcers.
When is it used?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aldohol as a pain reliever??? I've seen many people drown out their pain with alcohol.

I don't know if this is a good idea--I've never seen it prescribed except for a little wine for thy stomachs sake. But then again, Im not sure what Paul means because drinking can cause ulcers.
When is it used?
Proverbs 31:6-7

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also note that it is not just recommended by Paul for the stomach but for the infirmities as well. What is an infirmity?:

Infirmity: physical or mental weakness.

Which is an obvious link to Psalms 31:6-7

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a friend that turned me on to something even better. He said that Native Americans that died before white man were introduced to them had skulls found with all their teeth. Then white man shared his white sugar with the Native Americans and them that died after sugar introduction were missing their teeth. Not being able to chew your food can also be problematic.

So I had to cut out sugar anyways for health reasons. I recently went to the dentist after 3-4 years and no cavities. Unlike the previous times before I stopped the sugary foods.

I can just imagine the effect pot has on the brain not to mention the cancer risks:

From the article: "Smoked marijuana delivers THC and other cannabinoids to the body, but it also delivers harmful substances, including many of the same toxins and carcinogens (cancer-causing chemicals) found in tobacco smoke,3 which are harmful to the lungs and cardiovascular system." Cancer | Health Effects | Marijuana | CDC

Reactions: The Learner

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also note that it is not just recommended by Paul for the stomach but for the infirmities as well. What is an infirmity?:

Infirmity: physical or mental weakness.

Which is an obvious line to PS 31:6-7
  • Verse 6 ("Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts"): This suggests that alcohol may be given to those suffering greatly or nearing the end of life, perhaps as a form of comfort or to alleviate their distress.
  • Verse 7 ("Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more"): This continues the thought from verse 6, implying that drinking might temporarily relieve the poor from their constant worries and sufferings.

The relief from worry and suffering is gonna be short lived. He's gonna have the same problems tomorrow.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Verse 6 ("Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts"): This suggests that alcohol may be given to those suffering greatly or nearing the end of life, perhaps as a form of comfort or to alleviate their distress.
  • Verse 7 ("Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more"): This continues the thought from verse 6, implying that drinking might temporarily relieve the poor from their constant worries and sufferings.

The relief from worry and suffering is gonna be short lived. He's gonna have the same problems tomorrow.
Yes and this was created long before current medical practices were established. Today a lot of people can just go to the doctor. Back then they suffered a lot probably. But still medicine can't cure everything.

Reactions: The Learner