Smoke weed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible seems to indicate that it’s ok to drink within moderation. Is it also ok to smoke weed (aka cannabis or marijuana) within moderation, legally of course?

Sure, do it wisely.

Marijuana's effects on human cognitive functions, psychomotor functions, and personality - PubMed:

Marijuana is complex chemically and not yet fully understood, but it is not a narcotic. Like alcohol, marijuana acts as both stimulant and depressant, but it lingers in body organs longer than alcohol. Smoking marijuana can injure mucosal tissue and may have more carcinogenic potential than tobacco. Research has indicated that marijuana intoxication definitely hinders attention, long-term memory storage, and psychomotor skills involved in driving a car or flying a plane.
How much can I do it?

See How much does drinking become sin?.

Personally, I have no interest in smoking week. I have better ways to spend my money :)

For people who are susceptible to addiction, I would advise against it.

Does smoking weed bring in demons?

If you overdo it, it may. The same goes for getting drunk.

If you find weed helpful, do it wisely and thank God for it.

What about opium?

Opium is highly addictive. Users will develop dependency and lose self-control. It is not wise to have an opium habit.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible seems to indicate that it’s ok to drink within moderation. Is it also ok to smoke weed (aka cannabis or marijuana) within moderation, legally of course?

Sure, do it wisely.

Marijuana's effects on human cognitive functions, psychomotor functions, and personality - PubMed:

How much can I do it?

Personally, I have no interest in smoking week. I have better ways to spend my money :)

What about opium?

Opium is highly addictive. Users will develop dependency and lose self-control. It is not wise to have an opium habit.
An interesting topic cannot wait to see where this discussion goes.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything done in moderation and in self-control would be a benefit it can be dangerous to overdo it for sure.

ATARI

Sep 27, 2023
hanahan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm. . .

The Fact That Marijuana Is Even Found In Conversations These Days Seems Unusual.
As A Younger Kid I Experimented With That Plant Finding No Fault Other Than A Distorted Vision Of Normal Thinking.

Throughout Time With My Personal Spiritual Tests, Paranoia Became Like A Key Unlocking The Vault Of My Subconscious Mind.
Which Brought About Energy Upon A More Devilish Side Of Reflective Elemental Focus Within Hidden Doors Opening Without Asking.

Although, Christ Jesus (The Messiah), Says That He Comes Like A Thief In The Night. While I Would Request That My Soul Remained Intact.
In The End My Slumber In Those Endless Fields Of Surreal Unreal Reality Would Always Leave Me With A Brightly Lit Morning Of Refreshment.

Either Way, Do What Feels Right. No Need To Tempt The Lord Thy God. Unless You Find Yourself Bored With Mainstream Society, Then Light Up!.

Good Luck!,
May Wisdom Bless!.

And!,
Please,
Remember To,

Stay Forever True, Friend's. . . :100::100: :house: :100::100:

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I once studied the mention of "sorcery" in Galatians 5:19. Some translations uses the word "witchcraft".

Galatians 5:19
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions

From my study, the root word used was "pharmakeia" for sorcery/witchcraft, which is related to drug use. In ancient days, people would use drugs to do also sorts of things related to sorcery and witchcraft.

Here is an article to check out, if you're interested to see if it holds any weight when it comes to using marijuana, and if it relates to opening doors to the dark side of the spiritual realm.

What does the Bible say about sorcery? | GotQuestions.org

I'm interested in hearing what others think of marijuana in possibly leading to dark spiritual things?

Last edited:
Reactions: GracePeace

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once studied the mention of "sorcery" in Galatians 5:19. Some translations uses the word "witchcraft".

Galatians 5:19
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions

From my study, the root word used was "pharmakeia" for sorcery/witchcraft, which is related to drug use. In ancient days, people would use drugs to do also sorts of things related to sorcery and witchcraft.

Here is an article to check out, if you're interested to see if it holds any weight when it comes to using marijuana, and if it relates to opening doors to the dark side of the spiritual realm.

What does the Bible say about sorcery? | GotQuestions.org

I'm interested in hearing what others think of marijuana in possibly leading to dark spiritual things?

Considering the effects on the mind that are had, yes it is possible for an person whom may have trouble with their mentality and lead them to deeper and darker thoughts if they are not careful, great question Azim. That is good research you shared here too.

Reactions: Azim

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Sure, do it wisely.

I am always unsure of sources connected to big pharma in relation to what is “effective” as a medication and what “side effects” mean when there are sometimes pages of them.

The medical “industry” (which it is) is geared for profit, not cures. There are very seldom cures sought or even mentioned...only “treatments” which is usually nothing more than symptom control with side effects that result in more drugs with side effects being prescribed.....what is a side effect? It’s the body rejecting what you have just put into it. No other drugs are going to make it happy, but will just mask more symptoms.

As you can see, I have very little faith in a medical system that promotes ill health whilst masquerading as doing something beneficial. Doctors today are just “pimps” for drug companies....they consult their little book on which pills or procedures to give their patients, relying on the fact that their clinical trials are actually legitimate. A lot is “doctored” in that very greedy system....but if their drugs mask symptoms and make you feel better, you are likely to be convinced that taking their “medicine” for the rest of your life is actually helpful.....it’s helpful for their bottom line.
The Bible condemns drunkenness, not drinking alcohol per se. Each person has their own level of tolerance so they need to stay within their limit.
Proverbs 20:1
“Alcohol is a ridiculer” ......and who can deny that after seeing how drunken people behave....

For some people, any mind altering drug can bring on a lurking mental condition. It’s not just Cannabis. Any mental illness can invite the demons because they will take advantage of any weakness in us to do their thing.
As a medicine, “weed” is not usually consumed by smoking, (that is more for recreation) but as a liquid medicine made with various strains of the medicinal plants. It has been used for millennia as a medicine by people all over the world. Freely grown and readily accessible as a medicinal plant, (it grows like a weed, hence its nickname) there were no worries about it ever being a problem......that came in the 20th century when patent medicine began to become a money spinner and cannabis was seen as a competitor for big pharma’s drugs.....so they did what is common practice.....they demonized one thing to introduce another, which is said to be more beneficial. It’s called propaganda...and it works. There are people today who still believe that cannabis is addictive and dangerous.....it is not physically addictive (though it can be phycologically addictive because of its relaxing effects on stress) people will turn to it as a stress reliever. Unlike alcohol however, it rarely causes any physical harm.

But again moderation in all things is the key.
There is only one reason for something beneficial to be declared as dangerous in this world.....it’s ruler does not want anything to be beneficial to those who want to serve God. (1 John 5:19)

What about opium?

There are a lot of plants that are beneficial medicinally, and used in the right way, can treat many conditions.

Drugs were never intended for the use they have in this world. The stress of daily living causes people to seek stress relief, and young ones are especially vulnerable to peer pressure and to experiment with some very dangerous stuff just to impress their friends.

Alcohol addiction continues to cause ill health globally, and to take many lives, because it has become a readily available way to self medicate. These are the “last days” and things are just getting worse....no wonder people seek relief...even temporarily. Only God has the solution....the coming of his Kingdom. (Rev 21:2-4)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Smoke weed​

I compost them mostly; it gives the fruit trees an extraordinary kick.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible condemns drunkenness, not drinking alcohol per se. Each person has their own level of tolerance so they need to stay within their limit.
So do laws in ordinary society. As far as tolerance goes, not many civil folk can handle walking around naked.....it's a problem for sure, particularly for the clothing manufacturer!

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sure, do it wisely.

How much can I do it?

What about opium?

Christians are to live soberly. If you use alcohol or marijuana in moderation you may not become stupid, falling-down intoxicated, but you're not completely sober either. Instead of trying to figure out how much you can get away with, why not not think about how you can please the Lord in all things.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

There is no condemnation in drinking a little it is when you continue to live in a drunkard stance that is condemned. I would say like wise with weed it has medical advantages and as well as done properly would be the same.

Agnescott

May 4, 2023
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's true that various substances, including alcohol and marijuana, have been discussed in relation to moderation in the Bible. The key is to use them wisely and avoid excess. The info you shared about marijuana's effects is quite informative. Like anything else, moderation is crucial, especially for those susceptible to addiction.As for the question of demons, it's often a matter of personal belief. Overdoing anything can have negative consequences, so balance is key. Speaking of balance, I recently discovered some Delta 9 THC gummies on www.trythecbd.com. They might be an option for those looking to explore marijuana in a different form.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hippocrates Quotes
  • Everything in excess is opposed to nature. ...
  • Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. ...
  • Make a habit of two things: to help; or at least to do no harm. ...
  • Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity. ...
  • Cure sometimes, treat often, comfort always.
  • Walking is man's best medicine.
  • The natural healing force within each of us is the greatest force in getting well.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's true that various substances, including alcohol and marijuana, have been discussed in relation to moderation in the Bible. The key is to use them wisely and avoid excess. The info you shared about marijuana's effects is quite informative. Like anything else, moderation is crucial, especially for those susceptible to addiction.As for the question of demons, it's often a matter of personal belief. Overdoing anything can have negative consequences, so balance is key. Speaking of balance, I recently discovered some Delta 9 THC gummies on www.trythecbd.com. They might be an option for those looking to explore marijuana in a different form.
I had a balance key once; whenever it was in my right pocket I never fell over, whenever it was in the left I danced like Fred Astair.....then I tried chips, one on each shoulder kept me on a even keel.....even on land. :contemplate:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sure, do it wisely.

How much can I do it?

What about opium?

I don't think the Lord wants us to smoke marijuana.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't think the Lord wants us to smoke marijuana.
I hope you understand that there are many God-given plants that act as medicines without damaging side effects....but moderation is the key to all things. Jesus’ first miracle was turning water into fine wine.....did God condemn that? No! Wine too can be a medicine as Paul advised Timothy to ‘take a little wine for the sake of his recurring stomach problems’.

Cannabis has been used globally for thousands of years as a medicine. Our bodies are designed with cannabinoid receptors so that the properties in this plant based medicine can go where the body directs for maximum effect.

Don’t fall for big pharma’s lies.....they have something to sell you that is not a cure because they never seek one, just symptom control that will turn you into a customer for the rest of your side effected life. hmmx1:

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you understand that there are many God-given plants that act as medicines without damaging side effects....but moderation is the key to all things. Jesus’ first miracle was turning water into fine wine.....did God condemn that? No! Wine too can be a medicine as Paul advised Timothy to ‘take a little wine for the sake of his recurring stomach problems’.

Cannabis has been used globally for thousands of years as a medicine. Our bodies are designed with cannabinol receptors so that the properties in this plant based medicine can go where the body directs for maximum effect.

Don’t fall for big pharma’s lies.....they have something to sell you that is not a cure because they never seek one, just symptom control that will turn you into a customer for the rest of your side effected life. hmmx1:
I'm sure there are times that drugs are justified for medicinal purposes, and I don't condemn those that use alcohol in moderation - the Bible seems to say that's okay - but the only thing I can think of right now that would cause me to take a drug of any kind (I don't smoke, drink alcohol, or ingest caffeine) would be a toothache. In that case I might take Advil.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sure, do it wisely.

How much can I do it?

What about opium?

I would not recommend marijuana as a substitute for good ol' fashioned alcohol. It can cause psychotic effects on the user. See the article here: Cannabis and psychosis: Neurobiology

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are to live soberly. If you use alcohol or marijuana in moderation you may not become stupid, falling-down intoxicated, but you're not completely sober either. Instead of trying to figure out how much you can get away with, why not not think about how you can please the Lord in all things.
That is probably correct for people that are not suffering the following:

Proverbs 31:6 Give strong drink to him who is perishing, And wine to those who are bitter of heart. 7 Let him drink and forget his poverty, And remember his misery no more.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Along with Post #19 I would like to add that people should not judge chronic pain sufferers that need a little alcohol every now and then to deal with the psychiatric effects of that pain. Let me share another article on the psychological effects of chronic pain. Which is probably what part of Proverbs 31:6-7 is addressing: Pain and Psychology—A Reciprocal Relationship

Chronic pain can cause anxiety and depression (The Psychological Effects of Chronic Pain) which is something a little alcohol can relieve. But so long as the person doesn't abuse the alcohol as a pain reducer. The doctors might prescribe opioids instead, but opioids are far more destructive than alcohol is.

And it's probably worthy to note that excessive alcohol consumption can probably lead to anxiety and depression as well.

Last edited: