So, as one relatively new still, what's with the name calling, insults,pejoratives

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taodeching

Apr 8, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayflower first brought up the topic of OSAS in the context of the OP. And to that I responded.
You ran with the OSAS topic after that and that is what took this thread off topic.

Mayflower's using OSAS as an example of how threads can become contentious, and turn into battlefields of name calling, insults,pejoratives, isn't off topic.

Whereas replying to Mayflower's observation in your post 27, and then taking a stance on OSAS when quoting my post comment to Mayflower in your post 28 is where you initiated the derail and continued thereafter.

Exactly.

Yes, you're correct. I misspoke. Allow me to clarify and correct my error.

You attempted to blame me for derailing my own thread. As my other post demonstrated, it was actually you that you should blame as the one taking the thread off topic.
Therein I would concur. You are the one that is responsible.

Yep

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
used by some here who think to use that language best represents their understanding of scripture, and their relationship with Christ?

Those words, and the spirit that gives them thought, and "breath" on forums is that which we are to be on guard against in this world. Right?
Not giving it a platform in these forums.
Right?

Imagine Evangelizing like this:
"Yeah? Well, you're too stupid to know what the bible says do don't try to argue scripture with me! Grow up Moron! "

We're a little pocket on a web that covers the world.

We have no idea how many people are out there looking for a way to discover what it is like to live as Christians in community, communing, with the holy spirit.
Or, are looking to see if we walk the talk of Jesus by our example.

So, why does hostility, disrespect, insults, intentions to hurt one another's feelings, or belittle our faith, etc... enter in?
:(

What's the church here have to say?

Thank you for reading.:)

Good points!
Love one another.
Discuss with humility and respect. Forgive.
Know that some are weak in the faith and lack knowledge.
Know that some are young in the faith and are puffed up.
Iron sharpens iron.
The word transforms us, grows us in knowledge, but is also for reproof, correction and rebuke.
There are different schools of theology in the mix so they clash and some are so rooted in theirs that they won't budge. And no one wants to be wrong. Which brings us to the one trait of the fundamental nature of the sinful man, the obstacle that kept us from God and still keeps us sometimes from that harmony with each other, PRIDE.
As for rebuke, well we probably don't know each other or ever will to have the right with online Christians. I rebuke my wife or my daughter, my bother or close friends if they need it, but I love them. On line, we don't really get close, don't really know eachother, or demonstrate love. We try, but its kind of shallow, cyber-love. We hide behindbtue screens cause no one can see. It is as if there is no accountability, no charge of wrong doing - "What are they going to do about it, punch me in the face? Ban me? There is no real cost, it's cyber reality ... and of course that is the fleshly attitude we must mortify.
We'll offer kind words, encouragement or advice, that's all we can do. Like pen pals that never meet, never break bread together , never realky carry each others burdens. We will meet someday, so keep that in mind.
Jesus was judgmental and condemning, but He is God.
We're sinners and there is a war within us, the flesh against the spirit, so that comes out.

Times will be getting more stressful, so we all need to make an extra effort to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit.

Reactions: Amazed@grace