So you guys are Jewish?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

laBonhomme

Nov 25, 2023
Western Cascades
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey just out of curiosity, where do you Jews get off skipping confession? Go on, tell me all about your last appearance at the day of atonement, like how much did you spend on the sheep? Who officiated?

I guess you can tell me what you did, too, as long as it was fun.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey just out of curiosity, where do you Jews get off skipping confession? Go on, tell me all about your last appearance at the day of atonement, like how much did you spend on the sheep? Who officiated?

Romans 2:28,29" For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Yep! We all are! And you should be too.

Gal 3:28,29 "
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

Oopsie! Looks like you are Abraham's seed, if you are Christian.

laBonhomme

Nov 25, 2023
Western Cascades
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:28,29" For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Yep! We all are! And you should be too.

Gal 3:28,29 "
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

Oopsie! Looks like you are Abraham's seed, if you are Christian.
"Confess your faults one to another, and pray for one another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Confess your faults one to another, and pray for one another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16
That's like foot washing, as Jesus said if we've had a bath we only need our feet washed. It's not like going to confession with a priest but it's admitting our failings to each other.

John 13:6
He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”

John 13:8
“No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.” Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”

John 13:10
Jesus answered, “Those who have had a bath need only to wash their feet; their whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you.”

laBonhomme

Nov 25, 2023
Western Cascades
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does there come a time when we will ignore racists and mockers?
Well, in answer to your own question, I know a lot of police first responders who ignore certain classes of 911 call. This one guy I knew was a cop, he only answered if it was a family member or a friend. That's from Department of Corrections employee to Department of Corrections employee on an individual-by-individual basis.

Regarding the verse in Romans, I would say that since I'm actually a citizen (it's not spelled the same way as Christian), I refer that to Edward Gibbon, Oliver Goldsmith, Titus Livy and Paul's epistle to the same Titus Livy, and 1776. If you'd rather be sporting than fight, there's also a Titus Will Chevrolet, and we can both get on the track just by renting it. You don't have to have a sponsor to race, it's just a sports field, and we can both get on it at the same time for signing up and paying them by the hour. I drive a Cobalt.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a fault. You either fall in Romans 2:28,29, or you don't.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I reported it, and I received a reply that my report had been rejected, and no reason given. That guy is the same dude who posted the word Mooslums and Arubs. So I guess we ignore him, or meet him on his own ground and be just as nasty and snarky.
But we won't be nasty and snarky because we are bigger than that - we are Christians so we will choose to ignore him

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reported it, and I received a reply that my report had been rejected, and no reason given. That guy is the same dude who posted the word Mooslums and Arubs. So I guess we ignore him, or meet him on his own ground and be just as nasty and snarky.
Rejected? Could be a dual account for a staffer?

I say ignore him. Christians could never meet him at his level. He is what we were BC, Before Christ.

Reactions: Pearl

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That would be very disappointing if it were the case given the content of their posts. :(

Yes it would and I think it’s sad that it’s even considered that any of us would do that.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it would and I think it’s sad that it’s even considered that any of us would do that.
If it wasn't bad in the eyes of the mods,there's no problem then. I wouldn't worry about if it was sad or not. Looks like its OK

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it wasn't bad in the eyes of the mods,there's no problem then. I wouldn't worry about if it was sad or not. Looks like its OK
Cassandra, this has nothing at all to do with the mods or Admin. it has ONLY to do with scouring the rules and regs. to find which one might have been violated. If there is none, then we HAVE to reject them! AND, I always give the reason as I'm pretty sure we all do. He will hang himself eventually, until then, I suggest you just BLOCK him and please don't discuss staff actions as that IS a violation.
I think this site gives everyone a looooong rope.

GeneZ

Aug 20, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Most Jews will have no idea what you are talking about....

And, they won't care.

I grew up Jewish. The intricacies of the Law we did not study nor know.

Maybe a Hassidic Jew would know.

Reactions: Nancy and Debp