So you married a person who is gay.......

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what are you supposed to do? She is in a fulfilling relationship with the with a women with the world's blessing and I am a casualty of her 'coming out'. Fact is this would not have happened if she wasn't condemned by her church. Her fear of Hell ruined my life. If you are gay stop lying about it. Your fear destroys other people.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen, brother, I will pray for you. Keep strong in faith in these times of trial. I know you know the Lord will lead you through the fire and to keep faith and you will not get burned. Walk tall my friend. Pray often.

Blessings, Brother.

BA

Reactions: aspen

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
aspen said:
what are you supposed to do? She is in a fulfilling relationship with the with a women with the world's blessing and I am a casualty of her 'coming out'. Fact is this would not have happened if she wasn't condemned by her church. Her fear of Hell ruined my life. If you are gay stop lying about it. Your fear destroys other people.
Sounds like a believer being yoked with a nonbeliever. Why didn't the believer discern their spirit before they got married.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is real people. I was married for 20 years - I gave everything. Just met her gf last night so now it is real. Same person she went to a nudist retreat with during the last days of our marriage. So wormwood you need an attitude check. You are waaaaaay out of line. She knew she was gay BEFORE we got married but never said a word to me. I forgive your ignorance

Reactions: Aaron Lindahl

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
This is real people. I was married for 20 years - I gave everything. Just met her gf last night so now it is real. Same person she went to a nudist retreat with during the last days of our marriage. So wormwood you need an attitude check. You are waaaaaay out of line. She knew she was gay BEFORE we got married but never said a word to me. I forgive your ignorance
Was this meant for wormwood or ATP? I don't see how this connects to wormwoods post.....

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Aspen,

I'm sorry this has happened to you. I think the best thing I can offer are prayers on your behalf rather than advice.

Reactions: aspen

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's love consoles you. Seek to forgive her and allow the healing to begin. New experiences open old wounds.

In the love of Christ. Praying for you my friend.

Reactions: Born_Again

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Aspen, Wormwood was talking to Aaron.

Sorry bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That really is a low unexpected blow!! This is not a she is gay issue imho. She has simply been sexually unfaithful / committed adultery / desired promiscuity. She is lost and confused. Her flesh > spirit > you.

I wonder if she was unfaithful to you during the 20 years. Did you notice a recent change in her?

I am just really sorry for what you going through. I experienced something similar with an ex girlfriend I was really attached to. But not 20 years. Sorry bud!! Praying hard for you to find peace!

Reactions: Born_Again

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah thanks king sorry wormwood

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok so my former wife ( I hate saying 'ex' ) likes to read my posts here. I have nothing against homosexuals. I have nothing against people who were tricked by their church into suppressing their homosexuality in an artificial manner. I do have a problem with churches who mislead people into denying their sexuality and that is the spirit of my thread here. By the way, I think it is weird for you to read my posts on a site you have no intention of contributing to and I think it is weird that you are texting me for explanations regarding my process of working through this divorce.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen, first off my soul aches for both you and your former wife! I noted that you've talked about this subject or alluded to it at various times on the board. I caution you as a brother about what you say in public because there are people who will seek to exploit the situation, so just don't let the emotions and struggles overtake you in your words here.

With that said, this is a situation where I do not have a lot of knowledge - only bits and pieces of what you've shared - but regardless of "stances" and "positions," this is a microcosm of one of the intensest struggles that people go through in this life. I do not know your former wife, but I am sure that she struggled through this as more than just a function of fear. I really have little business speaking here, but the Spirit is impressing upon my heart that I need to share this. This is not a struggle that I would assume your former wife woke up one day and decided to have for the fun of it! She may have wrestled with this for a very long time. In my experience, those dealing with these issues will suppress and seek alternatives for a variety of reasons, peer pressure being just one. We truly war on the inside.

As someone a few thousand miles from where ya'll are at, I am praying for you with an earnest heart, for peace for the both of you! Let me just part by saying that people don't necessarily waste time following, thinking, and speaking about other people if they do not care for them at some level. Nothing will fix the past, whatever mistakes were made. The only mistakes you can fix are either the ones being made, or where the both of you are being held prisoner by the unchangeable mistakes in the past. We have a Savior who died for that, and I encourage you two doubly to seek Him in that. The both of you need to get those emotions out and work towards a point of forgiveness. Easier said than done, of course, but nothing is impossible with God!

This is a hard thing and no one here knows exactly what either of you are going through, but I am sure I am not alone in praying for all of you!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I agree hammer.... She has not been deceptive. I think she has been forced to conform. She is gay - in my opinion there is nothing wrong with it. The churches response to someone who is gay is absolutely wrong - it is destroying families.
Frankly, I am struggling with the emotions, not blaming. It is harder than I thought. I want to blame, but I will get to a better place.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Aspen....wow dude. That's just brutal. That's such a unique situation, I'm not sure anyone who hasn't gone through it can even imagine, let alone give advice. I've heard that ending a relationship can be like having a close friend die, and that you can expect to go through the 5 stages of grief in much the same way.

Either way, I wish you the best and will be praying for you. :)

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
aspen said:
<< She is in a fulfilling relationship with the with a women>>

She is in an unnatural, adulterous relationship with a women.

That is firm ground for divorce, even more so if you have children who are being shown that it's OK because it is still going on.

My sympathy and prayers to you! :(

the stranger

Mar 12, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Happy is the person who can hold up under the trials of life. At the right time, he will know Gods sweet approval and will be crowned with life by God, the ultimate Victor. As God has promised, the crown awaits all who love Him.
No one who is tempted should ever be confused and say that God is testing him. The One who created us is free from evil and cannot be tempted, so He does not tempt anyone. When a person is carried away with desire, lured by lust, and when desire becomes the focus and takes control (even when the thing we desire may seem good) it gives birth to sin. Sin, left to itself, becomes full grown, as it gathers strength, it chokes out life and produces death.