Some basic Hebrew as it pertains to prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, everyone.

I've decided to revive this topic because I still feel it is in everyone's best interest to understand Hebrew, because I believe it will be the "lingua franca" of the Millennium.

Let's talk about Hebrew syntax (tachbir). First of all, the word order is not as significant as it is in English. It doesn't matter whether you say, "Barukh ataah et Adonai" or "Barukh et Adonai ataah" or "Ataah barukh et Adonai" or "Ataah et Adonai barukh" or "Et Adonai barukh ataah" or "Et Adonai ataah barukh." They all mean the same thing: "You bless Adonai (the Lord)." The little word "et" identifies the word following it as the direct object in the sentence. "Atah" meaning "you" is the subject and "barukh" meaning "bless" is the verb. The convention is to begin the sentence with the verb followed by the subject and then the object (if there is one). Therefore, we usually find, "Barukh ataah et Adonai."

The personal pronouns used for the subject in a sentence are these:

Aniy, spelled "alef-qamets-nun-chireq-yod," (masculine or feminine singular) = I
Ataah, spelled "alef-patach-tav-qamets-hei," (masculine singular) = thou (you singular)
At, spelled "alef-patach-tav," (feminine singular) = thou (you singular)
Huw, spelled "hei-shureq," (masculine singular) = he
Hiy, spelled "hei-chireq-yod," (feminine singular) = she
Anachnuw, spelled "alef-patach/sheva-nun-patach-chet-sheva-nun-shureq," (masculine or feminine plural) = we
Atem, spelled "alef-patach-tav-segol-mem," (masculine plural) = ye (you plural)
Aten, spelled "alef-patach-tav-segol-nun," (feminine plural) = ye (you plural)
Hem, spelled "hei-segol-mem," (masculine plural) = they
Hen, spelled "hei-segol-nun," (feminine plural) = they

(Again, remember that in Hebrew EVERYTHING is either masculine or feminine.)

The pronouns that are used for the object in the sentence are these:

Otiy, spelled "alef-cholem-tav-chireq-yod," (masculine or feminine singular) = me
Otkhaa, spelled "alef-cholem-tav-sheva-khaf-sofit-qamets," (masculine singular) = thee (you singular)
Otakh, spelled "alef-cholem-tav-qamets-khaf-sofit-sheva," (feminine singular) = thee (you singular)
Otow, spelled "alef-cholem-tav-cholem-vav," (masculine singular) = him
Otaah, spelled "alef-cholem-tav-qamets-hei," (feminine singular) = her
Otanuw, spelled "alef-cholem-tav-patach-nun-shureq," (masculine or feminine plural) = us
Etkhem, spelled "alef-segol-tav-sheva-khaf-segol-mem," (masculine plural) = you (you plural)
Etkhen, spelled "alef-segol-tav-sheva-khaf-segol-nun," (feminine plural) = you (you plural)
Otaam, spelled "alef-cholem-tav-qamets-mem," (masculine plural) = them
Otaan, spelled "alef-cholem-tav-qamets-nun," (feminine plural) = them

(The vav with a dot over it is a "cholem-vav" and pronounced as "ow" in "rainbow." The vav with a dot in the middle and to the left of the letter has its own name, a "shureq." A "shureq" is pronounced as "oo" in "moon" and is transliterated as "uw." A "khaf-sofit" is an "ending khaf." It looks different from the regular khaf, having a tail. Often, this letter will take either a "sheva" or a "qamets" written within the letter. I have highlighted the actual letter, a consonant, and left the vowel pointing without the boldface. A "shureq," being the combination of a consonant and the vowel-pointing, is also boldfaced. Also, a "sheva" is like our "schwa." In transliteration, I usually forgo it altogether. If it is pronounced at all, it is not emphasized, and it is often used to form a consonant blend.)

These pronouns then can be attached to the noun as suffixes for possessive pronouns:

For instance, the root word for "name" is "shem" spelled "shin-segol-mem."

shmiy, spelled "shin-sheva-mem-chireq-yod," (masculine or feminine singular suffix) = my name
shimkhaa, spelled "shin-chireq-mem-sheva-khaf-sofit-qamets," (masculine singular) = thy name (your name, singular)
shmakh, spelled "shin-sheva-mem-patach-khaf-sofit-sheva," (feminine singular) = thy name (your name, singular)
shmow, spelled "shin-sheva-mem-cholem-vav," (masculine singular) = his name
shmaah, spelled "shin-sheva-mem-qamets-hei," (feminine singular) = her name
shmeenuw, spelled "shin-sheva-mem-tsere-nun-shureq," (masculine or feminine plural) = our name
shimkhaam, spelled "shin-chireq-mem-sheva-khaf-qamets-mem," (masculine plural) = your name (plural)
shmeenuw, spelled "shin-sheva-mem-tsere-nun-shureq," (feminine plural) = your name (plural)
shimkhem, spelled "shin-chireq-mem-sheva-khaf-segol-mem," (masculine plural) = their name
shimkhen, spelled "shin-chireq-mem-sheva-khaf-segol-nun," (feminine plural) = their name

Notice that the root of all of these words is "SH-M," spelled "shin-mem," regardless what vowel is put between these letters or what follows them.

Thus, Eloheenuw (or as it is often written "Eloheinu"), spelled "alef-segol-lamed-cholem-hei-tsere-nun-shureq," means "our Elohiym" or "our God."

So, in the "Shema," we find the following in the Hebrew:

Deuteronomy 6:4
4 Sh'ma Yisra'el YHWH Eloheenuw YHWH echad:
JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh

Literally, this translates to...

4 Hear Isra'el (the)-LORD our-God (the)-LORD one.

SelectThis!

AlephBet - The Strong House of God
Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
Great information. I really enjoyed reading it. I didn't enjoy the backbiters that are here to destroy threads. I believe there are many here as ravenous wolves, but that's for another thread. Here are my kind and peaceful comments on your thread:

All of us find little enigmas when studying Hebrew. There are many. One such enigma I have found is totally ignored by linguists. If you are familiar with root morphology, you know that Hebrew is comprised of roots. If you take a root comprised of two letters, other letters are added before, in between or after the letters of the root to form new words on a branch. Each branch starts with one letter, then two then three and so on. This is the nature of the tree as it expresses fruit. What many etymologists do not realize is the fact that the fruit falls from the branches in every language. Examples of the fruit can be found in every language on Earth.

For instance, English is a Germanic language, but it is comprised of nearly 75% Hebrew words. The words are the fruit, but the letters (Phoenician) are the seeds of this process. Here is a good example:

The word 'Speaker,' or to Speak (Word) forms the root of the branch that the word 'Ear' is on. To us, the ear is what we use to hear. This fits nicely into the English conception of the Ear. In reality, the Hebrew sees it as the grain of wheat. The ear opens to express the plant in soil and must be planted and harvested. This is pregnant with meaning if you know more from the same branch of the Tree. I could cover many more words here (in another thread perhaps).

Trace this back to German. In German, the family name Hetz (hart - young deer - Hirsch) is Opher in Hebrew. Opher is a young stag or hart. In English, as you say, we use vowels. We spell it Heart. The young stag is comparable to a child that is full of pride. In Greman, Herz-Core is the Heart. Cor is the Latin Heart and Cor in Hebrew is the Homer of Wheat, or 10 bushels. What do we fill the heart with? Grain from the eye. In English, the Heart is the organ for learning, emotion and judgment. In Hebrew, it is the Cor, or Homer, or basked to be filled with segments.

Who expanded the electromagnetic theory of light and proved the existence of electromagnetic waves? Rudolph Hetrz! His family were Jewish immigrants to Germany. This gives a whole new meaning to heart strings. God's hand is in this from start to finish. We really don't even realize.

Now take the English word apart. Ear is what you hear with. Hear is to hear. H is the Hebrew letter Hey, which means to behold a great work.

HEY.jpg

This is Abraham's Hebrew (Proto-Canaanite).

When we hold out our hands in faith, this is the same Hey that was added to Abram's name to make AbraHam. God added the letter Hey for Abraham's faith. Hey means to behold a great work.

The word HearT then has a Tav inserted. When the Heart is filled, we are filled with grain (Bread), or partaking the bread of Christ.

TAV.jpg

Tav is the Phoenician (Proto-Canaanite) letter of the Cross, or two crossed sticks. It is the Omega of the Hebrew Alphabet.

When Christ said (Revelation 1:7) He was the Aleph and Tav, he was saying he was the beginning and end of the process. What is in the Middle?

The word TRUTH in Hebrew is Aleph Mem Tav. Aleph is the Ox (Father), or strength. Mem is the water, or Mother. Tav is the cross, or Christ (SON).

Father is Hebrew is Aleph Bet (Alphabet)

Mother is Aleph Mem (Water)

Son is Bet Nun (WORD) Bet is House and Nun is seed / fish. DNA makes the letters of creation and the Son is the House of seed.

In other words, the eyes are opened by the letters and words.

AMAZING!

I enjoyed your post.

Summary: The branches of the Hebrew comprises the languages of Babel. They are the fruit. The seeds are the letters.

More:

Homer is the bushel that is filled in Hebrew. It is Cor. In Latin, a Cor is the Heart, or what is filled with wisdom.

Homer wrote the Iliad and Odyssey. In Greek, Homer backwards is the Hebrew word for Solomon, or one who is filled with knowledge.

Homer Simpson is not filled.

A Home is filled with lots of good things for the family.

A broken Home is a basket of grain spilling out.

Hebrew is amazing!

Galatians 4

[SIZE=.75em]4 But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law,[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]5 to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.[b][/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]6 Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba,[c][/SIZE]Father.” [SIZE=.75em]7 So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.[/SIZE]

Reactions: dragonfly

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, SelectThis!

Yes, and I really appreciate what you just brought to the table! Thank you for your input! I've said it elsewhere, and I don't know what you'll make of it because some think the word is Aramaic, but I believe that "Abba" is simply baby talk for "Abiy" (or "Aviy"), meaning "my Father." I believe that it is similar to how English-speaking children will say "Dada" instead of "Daddy" simply because they are just learning how to talk.

Again, thanks for your help, and welcome to this forum and thread!

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
SelectThis! said:
Great information. I really enjoyed reading it. I didn't enjoy the backbiters that are here to destroy threads. I believe there are many here as ravenous wolves, but that's for another thread. Here are my kind and peaceful comments on your thread:
SelectThis! said:
I have enjoyed this thread. Other than those who are trying to live up to wiki, it has been enjoyable.
Why are you trying to drag me back into the mudslinging? You were not even here when these things occurred and your judgment of others is just as faulty as anyone else who judges his brother. So much for the cold drink of water.

In addition your accusations are not even true. If someone asks me not to continue in his or her thread I honor that request as shown in the following links from page two of a four page thread where I was the only one to honor the request of the OP. Perhaps you should go there and actually read what has been said when links are posted, (as likewise the links quoted above in this thread) so that if you are going to be judging people at least be sure you are not calling good evil and evil good when you make the mistake of judging people. :)

Inmate said:
EVERYONE: This discussion has gone Faaaaarrrrrrrr off topic. lets stick back to the thread
daq said:
You will NEVER rule over another human being in the Kingdom of Heaven.
You appear to follow both a different gospel, (which is no gospel) and a different master, (which is your own mind).
With that please all feel free to continue in your fantasy thread without further interruptions of Scripture truth from myself. :)

SelectThis!

AlephBet - The Strong House of God
Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
daq said:
Why are you trying to drag me back into the mudslinging? You were not even here when these things occurred and your judgment of others is just as faulty as anyone else who judges his brother. So much for the cold drink of water.

In addition your accusations are not even true. If someone asks me not to continue in his or her thread I honor that request as shown in the following links from page two of a four page thread where I was the only one to honor the request of the OP. Perhaps you should go there and actually read what has been said when links are posted, (as likewise the links quoted above in this thread) so that if you are going to be judging people at least be sure you are not calling good evil and evil good when you make the mistake of judging people. :)
Who said I was speaking of you?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I would seriously advise caution when replying to posts in this thread as it is becoming more like a non-Christian, mudslinging, free for all which I am sure most members will avoid and possibly not even bother to read....Please also remember gentlemen, that there are many guests reading these topics and they will become confused trying to work out the believers from the non-believers, since there does not seem to be much difference...particularly in regards to your attitude toward one another.... [generalizing here]

Blessings!

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, all.

First, I should make a minor correction. The "et" direct-object identifier is applied to definite objects, not necessarily any object. Names are considered as definite in Hebrew. If the object is NOT a definite object, it can be made one by adding the definite article prefix, "ha-," to the object.

For instance, if one writes "Boaz wrote a book" in Hebrew, he would simply write "Bo`az kaataV cefeer," the indefinite article being implied. But, if one wants to write "Boaz wrote THE book" in Hebrew, he would write "Bo`az kaataV et hacefeer," adding the "ha-" (the definite article) to the noun making it a DEFINITE direct object. Then, this would require that he also add the "et" to distinguish the direct object from the subject.

So, if the definite article and the "et" are not included in the sentence, then word order does become somewhat important or at least the type of verb pattern is important. If it is an active verb, then the first noun is the subject. If the verb is a passive verb, the subject is receiving the action, and in a sense, a second noun may actually be performing the action; however, this often forces the addition of a preposition.

Just qualifying the "et" usage.