some questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is anointing ok to do?
is it possible to cast out spirits from the house?
how do you tell if another christian is correct in an issue when someone can say God thinks they should do this or that.
what afflictions does God want us to suffer in? have you ever felt uncomfortable being prayed for when someone is praying about your situation differently?

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have you ever felt uncomfortable being prayed for when someone is praying about your situation differently?
Hey sis ...I'll just answer as things come to me, but I'll start with this one.

My answer is yes.

Sometimes there can be simply miscommunication happening. Maybe they don't understand the request or the situation. But what often happens is that someone's prayer will reflect their own will, opinions, and beliefs about us. That's why it's good to know that #1, the person praying for you has a solid relationship with the Lord, and #2, they aren't prone to passing judgment on you .... someone filled with the love and Spirit of God who will pray according to His will.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My answer is yes.

Sometimes there can be simply miscommunication happening. Maybe they don't understand the request or the situation. But what often happens is that someone's prayer will reflect their own will, opinions, and beliefs about us. That's why it's good to know that #1, the person praying for you has a solid relationship with the Lord, and #2, they aren't prone to passing judgment on you .... someone filled with the love and Spirit of God who will pray according to His will.

Amen, what you said! You have become so wise Grasshopper! :D
tenor.gif

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My answer is yes.

Also . . . we may not know how we should be praying, and maybe the other person does. Humility is the watchword for the day.

Much love!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how do you tell if another christian is correct in an issue when someone can say God thinks they should do this or that
I always just watch their life and see how it lines up with the Word of God ....then wait and see. Usually, a person's walk is what testifies and points back to Christ.

Now, if they're saying that God told them something about me ...if it doesn't bear witness in my spirit as something He's already been revealing to me .... I usually stand back from that person.

But always ....ask Him to show you one way or the other.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here is an example
person 1 : " i am hoping to get a full time job to move out. i really need my own place"
person 2: " God might want you to be content. the grass isnt always greener on the other side"
person 3: " at least you have support living with other people. me? i have to pay bills alone"
person 3 :" dear God help this person to find a place to live and be able to move out or if they know to stay home"

to be fair. not knowing details if the person is afraid to say more it isnt fair to judge the persons 2 and 3 but why are persons 2 and 3 assuming that the person is discontent?
also, with poeple leaving abusive relationships some people might tell them after separation to forgive and try to mend the relationship. they say God can restore the family or relationship.

Reactions: DuckieLady

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, what you said! You have become so wise Grasshopper! :D
tenor.gif
Either that, or God has had to help me through a lot of people's mess being placed on me through "prayer." lol

I learned to just smile and let them do their thing ....while inside, I'm praying and asking Him to show me His heart on the matter. Usually, I have had to walk away and just pray alone. Well ...and sometimes, there is something to be gleaned from their prayers, despite their misjudgment.

I came out of a (cult) church where the pastor was in the habit of passing instructions and judgments off as "prayer." If you were late for church, missed a meeting or service, or looked at him the wrong way ...maybe you visited another church he didn't approve of, or spent your money on something without his approval, or went to see family or on a trip without informing him, had a new friend who wasn't part of the church, didn't perform to his liking, etc.... his "prayers" could sound more like a threat or warning. But if you were in his good graces, his "prayers" would be more positive, like a blessing ...or maybe a "blessing" tinged with a subtle warning not to step out of line.

*sigh*

But even outside of that situation, I have experienced my share of people's judgments tinting their prayers over me.

Anyway ...your post made me laugh! lol :D

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here is an example
person 1 : " i am hoping to get a full time job to move out. i really need my own place"
person 2: " God might want you to be content. the grass isnt always greener on the other side"
person 3: " at least you have support living with other people. me? i have to pay bills alone"
person 3 :" dear God help this person to find a place to live and be able to move out or if they know to stay home"

to be fair. not knowing details if the person is afraid to say more it isnt fair to judge the persons 2 and 3 but why are persons 2 and 3 assuming that the person is discontent?
also, with poeple leaving abusive relationships some people might tell them after separation to forgive and try to mend the relationship. they say God can restore the family or relationship.
I think it's odd when a person tries to discourage another person from normal and healthy life goals.

My oldest son still lives at home, and although I don't have a problem with it, I encourage him in his goals to save his money and purchase a piece of land and become debt-free. I'll be very happy for him to accomplish that. His goals may not be exactly what I wish for him, such as the area he wants to live, or his choice of work ... but it's nothing to pass judgment on him about. I'm proud of his desire and determination to save toward his own place. So beyond giving my thoughts or suggestions, I don't push them or harp on it. Rather, I agree and encourage him toward his goal. I wouldn't dare say, "What? You're not content living here? You know you're gonna have your own bills when you get out, don't you?" That's just not where my heart goes. If he gets out and has questions or needs help, he knows where I am. But I think he'll do just fine.

That was just an example from my life and experience. Maybe it can help give perspective. Saving your money and getting your own place doesn't reflect discontent. It's just normal healthy growth.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a lot of women in church believe a woman should stay with her parents for protection until she gets married....
but what if.....? fill in the blank i guess....

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a lot of women in church believe a woman should stay with her parents for protection until she gets married....
but what if.....? fill in the blank i guess....
I hear you. I think if circumstances were ideal, that could be a good thing. But even then, she should not be controlled and treated as a child. But there isn't a command in scripture that a woman should remain under her parents' roof until or unless she gets married.

Reactions: lilygrace

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is anointing ok to do?
The definition of "anointing" varies hugely form group to group, hence your answer will vary too.
Of course.
Prayer is wonderful. Some groups believe in more elaborate prayers being possible in this case.
how do you tell if another christian is correct in an issue when someone can say God thinks they should do this or that.
You ask God yourself and listen to Him. He's the master here, not any human.
what afflictions does God want us to suffer in?
That answer will also vary group to group.
have you ever felt uncomfortable being prayed for when someone is praying about your situation differently?
Totally. I've had people tell me "I'll pray for ____ for you" when I find _____ to be something completely contrary to the Lord's ways and/or a good thing. I've seen real-life examples like both you listed, and could add an long list of other real life examples.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay.
The definition of "anointing" varies hugely form group to group, hence your answer will vary too.

Of course.
Prayer is wonderful. Some groups believe in more elaborate prayers being possible in this case.

You ask God yourself and listen to Him. He's the master here, not any human.

That answer will also vary group to group.

Totally. I've had people tell me "I'll pray for ____ for you" when I find _____ to be something completely contrary to the Lord's ways and/or a good thing. I've seen real-life examples like both you listed, and could add an long list of other real life examples.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is anointing ok to do?

As long as its God's will and as long as God gave you that authority, yes.

Absolutely! But some folks are the very spirits that need to be cast out, so that becomes a problem.

how do you tell if another christian is correct in an issue when someone can say God thinks they should do this or that

Do what the Bereans did, but don't cower when confronted like some of the Bereans did.

what afflictions does God want us to suffer in?

We live in the flesh and the 5 senses that betray us. We may not see being in the flesh as an affliction, but compared to what God has in store for us, it is!

No. But its a difficult question. Some people pray for you, that you may see "your faults and evil ways". Then, they tell you they prayed that. God ain't listening to that. Its self serving, self righteous and at the same time its insulting you! Most times its because you disagree with them and they are insulted that they were challenged. All self serving!

If folks would learn to pray as Matthew 6 and 7 says, this wouldn't happen. As for me, I do pray for others, but with the understanding that I may not understand all, but God does and he has a way to fix it. Not me... So if i pray for "George" who I believe is having a tough time, I let God know I am concerned and ask for him to be at peace... I say Lord, your will be done!" I am not about to tell God what Georfe3 needs to do to fix his life! Nor am I about to tell God what George has wrong about his doctrine. Might be me who has it wrong....

We ought to pray for the brethren... But not according to our knowledge, but according to the will of the Father. Who knows? God may bless both if the prayer is right! But we shouldn't pray, " I thank thee O Lord that I am not as this publican!"

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either that, or God has had to help me through a lot of people's mess being placed on me through "prayer." lol

I learned to just smile and let them do their thing ....while inside, I'm praying and asking Him to show me His heart on the matter. Usually, I have had to walk away and just pray alone. Well ...and sometimes, there is something to be gleaned from their prayers, despite their misjudgment.

I came out of a (cult) church where the pastor was in the habit of passing instructions and judgments off as "prayer." If you were late for church, missed a meeting or service, or looked at him the wrong way ...maybe you visited another church he didn't approve of, or spent your money on something without his approval, or went to see family or on a trip without informing him, had a new friend who wasn't part of the church, didn't perform to his liking, etc.... his "prayers" could sound more like a threat or warning. But if you were in his good graces, his "prayers" would be more positive, like a blessing ...or maybe a "blessing" tinged with a subtle warning not to step out of line.

*sigh*

But even outside of that situation, I have experienced my share of people's judgments tinting their prayers over me.

Anyway ...your post made me laugh! lol :D

Yes T.
You have been through something the large majority of people do not understand. It ran deep and still does for you but, you have such awesome faith in God that it throws me! I am so glad you are out of that and still pray for your husband and grandchild.
xo

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one of the worst times for me was after a chapel service and this man who preached at us said to me "there is something wrong wtih you i will be praying for you" his voice sounded shaky like i was evil or something.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always just watch their life and see how it lines up with the Word of God ....then wait and see. Usually, a person's walk is what testifies and points back to Christ.

Now, if they're saying that God told them something about me ...if it doesn't bear witness in my spirit as something He's already been revealing to me .... I usually stand back from that person.

But always ....ask Him to show you one way or the other.

For reals! FRUIT!!!!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one of the worst times for me was after a chapel service and this man who preached at us said to me "there is something wrong wtih you i will be praying for you" his voice sounded shaky like i was evil or something.
Oh gosh,
I hope you left that place! :mad:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had that happen too-- when they also flat out also say "I hope you repent from your evil ways and find Jesus".

People can be.... frankly I roll my eyes VERY big at points.

Reactions: Nancy