Some random thoughts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was recently introduced to a man who thinks differently than he used to.
Do you agree or disagree with any of these...….. (enough that it really matters, anyway)?

“I used to think I needed an office to be a lawyer, but now I know all I need is an island.”

“I used to want to fix people, but now I just want to be with them.”

“I used to think I had to act a certain way to follow God, but now I know God doesn’t want us to be typical.”

“I used to think being loved was the greatest thing to think about, but now I know love is never satisfied just thinking about it.”

“I used to be afraid of failing at something that really mattered to me, but now I’m more afraid of succeeding at things that don’t matter.”

“I used to think I could shape the circumstances around me, but now I know Jesus uses circumstances to shape me.”

“I used to think God guided us by opening and closing doors, but now I know sometimes God wants us to kick some doors down.”

“I used to think Jesus motivated us with ultimatums, but now I know He pursues us in love.”

“I used to think being a believer was enough, but now I know Jesus wants us to participate, no matter what condition we’re in.”

“I used to think you had to be special for God to use you, but now I know you simply need to say yes.”

“I used to think I had to be somebody important to accomplish things, but now I know Jesus uses ordinary people more.”
“I used to think the words spoken about us describe who we are, but now I know they shape who we are.”

“I used to think I needed an invitation to get into most places, but now I know I’m already invited.”

“I used to think I needed to sacrifice for God, but now I know faith is like a game of Bigger and Better.”

“I used to think religion tasted horrible, but now I know I was just eating the fake stuff.”

“I used to think words were all the same, but now I know there are some words I shouldn’t use.”

“I used to think I had missed the mark and God was mad about it, but now I know “missing the mark” is a stupid analogy.”

“I used to think rules were made by someone else, but now I know we get to make some of our own.”

“I used to think life could be shared with anyone, but now I know choosing the right people is pretty important.”

“I used to think the best teachers wore tweed jackets and smoked pipes, but now I know they flip over and leak.”

“I used to think knowing God was like going on a business trip with Him, but now I know He’s inviting me on an adventure instead.”

“I used to think God wouldn’t talk to me, but now I know I’m just selective with what I choose to hear.”

“I used to be afraid that if I was authentic I might take a hit, but now I know that being real means I will take a hit.”

“I used to think following God required a lot of navigation, but now I know all I need is a line and a circle.”

“I used to think I should talk about everything, but now I know it’s better to keep some things a secret.”

“I used to think God was good some of the time, but now I know He’s good all the time.”

“I used to think there were some prisons you couldn’t escape, but now I know there’s no place I can go where God can’t rescue us.”

“I used to think I needed to record stories, but now I know I just need to engage them." (Describe faith in your own words.)

“I used to think I needed to pick sides, but now I know it’s better to pick (choose) a fight. (What kind of disputes or fights have you been a part of?”)

“I used to think I could learn about Jesus by studying Him, but now I know Jesus doesn’t want stalkers.”

“I used to think clinched fists would help me fight better, but now I know they make me weaker. (What are assumptions people have about following Jesus?”)

“I used to think that taking a risk would reduce the number of friends I have, but now I know that love draws more people in.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was recently introduced to a man who thinks differently than he used to.
Do you agree or disagree with any of these...….. (enough that it really matters, anyway)?

“I used to think I needed an office to be a lawyer, but now I know all I need is an island.”

“I used to want to fix people, but now I just want to be with them.”

“I used to think I had to act a certain way to follow God, but now I know God doesn’t want us to be typical.”

“I used to think being loved was the greatest thing to think about, but now I know love is never satisfied just thinking about it.”

“I used to be afraid of failing at something that really mattered to me, but now I’m more afraid of succeeding at things that don’t matter.”

“I used to think I could shape the circumstances around me, but now I know Jesus uses circumstances to shape me.”

“I used to think God guided us by opening and closing doors, but now I know sometimes God wants us to kick some doors down.”

“I used to think Jesus motivated us with ultimatums, but now I know He pursues us in love.”

“I used to think being a believer was enough, but now I know Jesus wants us to participate, no matter what condition we’re in.”

“I used to think you had to be special for God to use you, but now I know you simply need to say yes.”

“I used to think I had to be somebody important to accomplish things, but no“I used to think the words spoken about us describe who we are, but now I know they shape who we are.”
Now I know Jesus uses ordinary people more.”

“I used to think I needed an invitation to get into most places, but now I know I’m already invited.”

“I used to think I needed to sacrifice for God, but now I know faith is like a game of Bigger and Better.”

“I used to think religion tasted horrible, but now I know I was just eating the fake stuff.”

“I used to think words were all the same, but now I know there are some words I shouldn’t use.”

“I used to think I had missed the mark and God was mad about it, but now I know “missing the mark” is a stupid analogy.”

“I used to think rules were made by someone else, but now I know we get to make some of our own.”

“I used to think life could be shared with anyone, but now I know choosing the right people is pretty important.”

“I used to think the best teachers wore tweed jackets and smoked pipes, but now I know they flip over and leak.”

“I used to think knowing God was like going on a business trip with Him, but now I know He’s inviting me on an adventure instead.”

“I used to think God wouldn’t talk to me, but now I know I’m just selective with what I choose to hear.”

“I used to be afraid that if I was authentic I might take a hit, but now I know that being real means I will take a hit.”

“I used to think following God required a lot of navigation, but now I know all I need is a line and a circle.”

“I used to think I should talk about everything, but now I know it’s better to keep some things a secret.”

“I used to think God was good some of the time, but now I know He’s good all the time.”

“I used to think there were some prisons you couldn’t escape, but now I know there’s no place I can go where God can’t rescue us.”

“I used to think I needed to record stories, but now I know I just need to engage them. Describe faith in your own words.”

“I used to think I needed to pick sides, but now I know it’s better to pick (choose) a fight. What kind of disputes or fights have you been a part of?”

“I used to think I could learn about Jesus by studying Him, but now I know Jesus doesn’t want stalkers.”

“I used to think clinched fists would help me fight better, but now I know they make me weaker. ( What are assumptions people have about following Jesus?”)

“I used to think that taking a risk would reduce the number of friends I have, but now I know that love draws more people in.”
Very good thoughts! Shows how he transforms us by the renewing of our mind.

Reactions: Willie T