Something cool this week . . .

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
"It is the greatest mistake of all, to do nothing because you can only do a little."

I love this! Sorry, I'm off topic I know, but this reminded me of something I came across a while back:

I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything but still I can do something.
What I can do, I should do.
And what I should do, with God's grace and help, I will do.

Sorry, I guess I haven't done anything that cool this week...

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
I love that quote! I've got it pinned up on my wall. It frustrates me to no end when I see people sit on their backsides because they can do only a 'little'.

Neither have I just thought it'd be something to chat about. :p

Another of my favourite quotes is:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” Theodore Roosevelt

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's one of my favorite quotes from Thomas Edison (on inventing the light bulb) "I did not fail one thousand times, I successfully found one thousand ways it would not work!"

joshhuntnm

Jul 1, 2012
I held a family's hand as they watched their husband/ dad/ granddad die. Chilling. Funeral is Friday.