Something Diabolical is Afoot

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Love and good works won't save anyone. Christians love and have good works, because we are Christians. The phoney gospel of love won't save anyone, because it is phoney. Many who believe in Jesus will burn in Hell forever. I.E. those who preach the gospel of love and charge the Bible with contradictions and myth. You don't call God a liar and get by with it.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Right. Jesus didn't really mean what he said about the good Samaritan. Or the publican. :lol:

God bless you, duckybill :)

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Right. Jesus didn't really mean what he said about the good Samaritan. Or the publican. :lol:

God bless you, duckybill :)
So tell us, what did He say about them? He certainly didn't say that we are saved by works.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Good post Aspen, I do think we need to be aware of the attacks by the enemy, but if we focus on him, then we are removing our focus off Jesus. Jesus is the only thing we should focus on and His word....As far as the Word of God, when we are Holy Spirit filled the Word speaks to us and we understand what God wants us to understand...Anxiety is an attack by the enemy...why worry or stress when we have the Most High God dwelling within us...Pray without ceasing in all things, good and bad...Praise God for the trials and tribulation we face each day, for they make us stronger in the long run...Loving God above all else, even family and love all mankind and all the rest is easy...but we do need to understand that God does not cause sickness, nor destruction, that is an attack of satan...when we blame God for the problems of the world and the destruction by earthquakes, hurricanes and such..we are playing into the enemies hands...Jesus has finished all that on earth...we are to pray for the kingdom to come on earth as in Heaven..and I am sure that destruction is not in Heaven....so we need to praise God for all the problems for He is our Savior and our salvation...we need to stop saying He is judging us on earth and stand by His Word that says....after Noah and the flood, there will be one last judgment at the Great White Throne....not before.....Love ya Aspen...you are an inspiration and make people think...

Good thread boys, I really like your point here shep, we should focus on Jesus in the personal interaction stage of our life more than God. If you run into an attacker and you say "you are breaking the 4th commandment go burn sinner" it is a bitter judgemental way to be most of the time. God may call you to do this on occasion when you encounter a really lost sheep. Jesus would say I love you anyways brother I just despise everything you do.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
We think we are so clever, exposing demonic forces in conspiracy theories and personal temptations - never stopping to think that the Devil has to be smarter than to waste his time fooling and personally temping people for the small amount of time he is free (by the way, he is actually in the state of Hell, already) to attack us. Don't you think he would try something a bit more crafty, like undermining the work of the Spirit on Earth by placing doubt in the minds of Christians? Influencing us to identify love as false? Giving us the idea that the scriptures need to be analyzed by our false selves so that we can spend our time 'one upping' each other rather than loving our neighbors? Getting us bogged down in doctrine and sending us on endless snipe hunts for the purest form of church and scripture, so that we will remain spiritual infants?

Are you serious fella ? Sounds like the demons are getting beaten back for it is written Ephesians 6:11,12 "Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against the rulers agains the authorities against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realm"

It sounds like we have a lot to be concerned about, but God does allow the evil in this world to stand for a reason we just have to be shrewd as snakes and innocent as doves. Whatever that means.

That being said Jesus told his disciples that some people are healers, some people are preachers some people have authority to drive out demons ahem me :) and some can even perform miracles.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
So tell us, what did He say about them? He certainly didn't say that we are saved by works.

That is true. Yet this very faith by which righteousness may be inputed to us is dead without works. We were redeemed for good works.

Only the man who actually loves his neighbour, has enough faith to help those around him without counting or justifying himself by it has faith. Jesus says 'he who does my word and obeys my command...'. We are quick to judge that those who do not have a revelation of Christ yet are most assuredly lost. Yet...

[sup]13[/sup] (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; [sup]14[/sup] for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, [sup]15[/sup] who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)

Don't you know that if a man is blind, and he admits it, the sin is not counted against him? He is more righteous than the Pharisee because he tells the truth that he does know, thus God has mercy upon him.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yet this very faith by which righteousness may be inputed to us is dead without works.
Well yeah, that's what I said.
We were redeemed for good works.
True redemption produces good works.
Only the man who actually loves his neighbour, has enough faith to help those around him without counting or justifying himself by it has faith. Jesus says 'he who does my word and obeys my command...'. We are quick to judge that those who do not have a revelation of Christ yet are most assuredly lost. Yet...

[sup]13[/sup] (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; [sup]14[/sup] for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, [sup]15[/sup] who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)

Don't you know that if a man is blind, and he admits it, the sin is not counted against him? He is more righteous than the Pharisee because he tells the truth that he does know, thus God has mercy upon him.
Don't you know that if the Bible is "full of contradictions" and "myth" it's just a lot of hot air?

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Contradictions? Sure. Hot aire and myths? That is not true.

1 John[sup]7[/sup] Brethren,[sup][a][/sup] I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning.[sup][b][sup]][/sup][/sup] [sup]8[/sup] Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.

Is the commandment new or old? You say old? Wrong. You say new? Wrong.

Clever, yet this is what we can do with the Bible, we take one part and throw out the other. Is the commandment new? Yes. Is the commandment old? Yes. There is clear tension. It doesn't make it a lie. The truth is alive, and it functions with tension. Two things that are opposite are both true at the same time.

I do not claim the Bible to be false. I have even explained this. I do see contradictions, only, I do not see it as making it untrue, rather making the truth to be in tension. You can disagree.

The accusation you have against me cannot stand without you twisting my word, brother. If your ear and your heart was open, you would not push this aside and attempt to accuse me of a lie.

May the Lord bless you abundantly! :)

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
The Gospel based on love:

Christians are supposed to be free peoples; those who have the Spirit are supposed to be able to understand a simple gospel; we are called to love by Jesus and Paul and not to judge; worrying is supposed to be a thing of the past; traditions of men are over, the doctrine of love is here; and finally, Jesus is supposed to return in triumphant glory to lead the saints home.

Yet, this is the gospel of fear, the loudest Christians are preaching instead:

1. We must always be vigilant because we are constantly under attack by a defeated enemy.

2. The scriptures are difficult to understand - word studies are necessary - every English translated word in the Bible has the same meaning - no matter if it is used in Genesis or Revelation.

3. Anxiety over our own salvation is necessary to be saved - if we do not warn people all the time about their personal sin, we will be punished; if we are not watching for Jesus, we might be left behind; If we cannot answer another Christian's salvation checks, we may not really be saved; if our doctrinal understanding of Jesus doesn't match the meanest, loudest, crankiest curmudgeon of a Christian, we are worshiping the wrong Jesus; if the world shares any trait that looks Christian, it is a lie from Satan - love, peace, happiness, freedom, etc; if Christians encounter any practice that is shared by another religion, it is to be rejected completely as evil; and instead of being excited by the return of Christ, we are focused on the Tribulation.

4. Whether or not you share my belief that we were created to love, have forgotten how, and are being sanctified as Christians to love once more, all Christians should agree that loving God and neighbor is our primary command. In addition, it doesn't matter if you share my belief that we are called not to judge because we are incapable of doing so, Christians should agree that we are called not to judge. So, why do we justify our poor behavior? We not only spend the majority of our time judging others,we justify it by calling it something else, "defending the gospel", "exposing heresy", or "standing up for Jesus". By doing so, we reduce the gospel to a pissing contest between egos.

5. Our fascination with the Tribulation and the Last Judgment morph the triumphant return of Jesus; and when we do think about His return, we fall into the same trap as the Jewish people did - we make Him into an Earthly warrior, instead of a Troubadour of love.

We think we are so clever, exposing demonic forces in conspiracy theories and personal temptations - never stopping to think that the Devil has to be smarter than to waste his time fooling and personally temping people for the small amount of time he is free (by the way, he is actually in the state of Hell, already) to attack us. Don't you think he would try something a bit more crafty, like undermining the work of the Spirit on Earth by placing doubt in the minds of Christians? Influencing us to identify love as false? Giving us the idea that the scriptures need to be analyzed by our false selves so that we can spend our time 'one upping' each other rather than loving our neighbors? Getting us bogged down in doctrine and sending us on endless snipe hunts for the purest form of church and scripture, so that we will remain spiritual infants?

The fact is, the Spirit has been at work in our hearts since the Fall, constantly leading us home. The Kingdom of God is in our hearts and has been influencing the World throughout human history - how can it's affects not be evident in the world? We are free from guilt, shame and worry and called to love abundantly. We should be known as the most open-minded, loving people on Earth - a port in the storm for sinners. Yet, we are known for our pride, rather than our love. The charge of hypocrisy from the world comes directly from our witness of Pride.

Before you decide to charge me with attacking Christianity - take a look at yourself and determine where you are at in your walk with Christ and your witness. Realize I am not an enemy of the church, I am writing this in the spirit of the prophets.

Well said....

If we are focused on God, the enemy will flee. I think he enjoys making himself the focus.

You are correct. While Satan is liken to a lion roaming about that fact is he is not as powerful as some make him out to be. The Bible says greater is He that is within us than he that is in the world. Do we understand that we have God in us.....the most powerful being, we have Him living in us......what is there to fear?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Jesus is love. He willfully made the ultimate sacrifice to pay the penalty for the sins of all.
-Yet-
Jesus often warned of sin and spoke more of the dangers of hell than the pleasures of heaven.

He pointed out on more than one occasion that the wages of sin is death.

He let us know that He loves us enough to die for us and all we have to do is reject sin, accept Him as your Savior and you will be saved.

If you truly love someone, you will let them know that Jesus, the God who loves them and died for them, does expect them to turn from sin.

For those that say, "I will just love them unconditionally" but not share with them ALL of what the Gospel says, are literally loving these people to death.

If you aren't willing to love someone enough to eventually have a difficult conversation with them so that they understand ALL that following Jesus entails, then they do not really love that person.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Jesus is love. He willfully made the ultimate sacrifice to pay the penalty for the sins of all.
-Yet-
Jesus often warned of sin and spoke more of the dangers of hell than the pleasures of heaven.

He pointed out on more than one occasion that the wages of sin is death.

He let us know that He loves us enough to die for us and all we have to do is reject sin, accept Him as your Savior and you will be saved.

If you truly love someone, you will let them know that Jesus, the God who loves them and died for them, does expect them to turn from sin.

For those that say, "I will just love them unconditionally" but not share with them ALL of what the Gospel says, are literally loving these people to death.

If you aren't willing to love someone enough to eventually have a difficult conversation with them so that they understand ALL that following Jesus entails, then they do not really love that person.

That's because Heaven is not where we or He will live. Jesus is only in Heaven now because He is sitting on His Father's throne.....His throne will be on the Earth......it is where we will rule with Him. We will all with Jesus live on the Earth. What Jesus spoke more about than anything is the Kingdom of God.....that is what He preached for three and a half years.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Jesus said, "And if your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out, and throw it from you; for it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 "And if your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off, and throw it from you; for it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to go into hell," (Matt. 5:29-30).

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, "And if your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out, and throw it from you; for it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 "And if your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off, and throw it from you; for it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to go into hell," (Matt. 5:29-30).
Good point.... Wonder if anyone will see the significance of it for this particular conversation.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Those who promote the phoney love doctrine in place of obeying God will soon find out how terrible Hell is. I doubt if they believe in Hell though.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who promote the phoney love doctrine in place of obeying God will soon find out how terrible Hell is. I doubt if they believe in Hell though.
Right Ducky.... It's not a particular comforting teaching, but it still seems we should keep it in mind (Hell, that is).... I'd rather hear about God's mercy, his love and such....

... But then again, I haven't started any threads about How mean God is, whether the Bible is good for anything or hinted that some people who aren't Christians are better and more loving than Christians are. I wonder who did?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Boy, you better get to work...chop, chop!

Right Ducky.... It's not a particular comforting teaching, but it still seems we should keep it in mind (Hell, that is).... I'd rather hear about God's mercy, his love and such....

... But then again, I haven't started any threads about How mean God is, whether the Bible is good for anything or hinted that some people who aren't Christians are better and more loving than Christians are. I wonder who did?

Love isn't comforting? Wow....seriously?

Love is the Christian life....it is the victory we have in Christ......the fact that Ducky believes love is 'wimpy' only confirms Christ's promise that the first will be last and the last will be first........

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh .... what am I gonna do with you, aspen?

I didn't say the love wasn't comforting. I said the topic of hell isn't very comforting. I said I'd rather talk about God's love.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011

I didn't say the love wasn't comforting. I said the topic of hell isn't very comforting. I said I'd rather talk about God's love.

Give him a big hug anyways FHII.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see.....well, I am sorry to tell you.....if you are planning to continue to talk with me......you are going to be faced will my humanity......I am fallible...if it is too much for you to deal with the fact that I may misinterpret your posts......you better quit now.

Give him a big hug anyways FHII.

Hah! I do love a Christian hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!