Something New

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Glen55

Sep 4, 2015
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I found this to be utterly false. I became aware that I was lost and did not belong to God and that I would not go to be with Jesus when I died. But the bigger realization was I could do nothing about it, even though I tried. And so I fell on the mercy of God and he forgave me the sins that had separated me from Him. He saved me. I did not, and could not, save myself. The only way to be saved is to beg for God's forgiveness for the sins you have committed. He will forgive you and give you a new heart and a new spirit that longs after righteousness. And so you will be saved. That is how you enter into the narrow door and walk the narrow path that leads to life.

13“...the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. Luke 18:13-14
Easy to forgive self. Unless you think another exist.

Glen55

Sep 4, 2015
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Do you find yourself in a uphill battle Theologically with most other Christian's?
It is in you as a person that the nature of God is revealed, for a scriptural episode is not a record of an historical event, but a parabolic revelation of truth. To see Jesus or David as an historical character is to see truth tempered to the weakness of your soul. You must see what the characters represent, rather than the characters themselves. This is true for every story in scripture, for every episode will unfold within you.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
It is in you as a person that the nature of God is revealed, for a scriptural episode is not a record of an historical event, but a parabolic revelation of truth. To see Jesus or David as an historical character is to see truth tempered to the weakness of your soul. You must see what the characters represent, rather than the characters themselves. This is true for every story in scripture, for every episode will unfold within you.
Have you ever asked yourself if your beliefs can survive independent from any external human approval? (I think every believer should test themselves on this)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I thought physical death was apart of the fall and the consequence of sin. Why or how did Jesus die exactly?
Kindly take some time to carefully read the Gospels. Christ died for the sins of the whole world.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
A common belief about sin nature and mortal death is that before the fall of Adam and Eve, death was not apart of God's natural order. So how did Jesus die; if he was not affected by the original sin nature of Adam and Eve.

Last edited: