Song of The South

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought that I would start a topic about this since I saw something on Amazon that might actually be authentic.

https://www.amazon.com/Brians-Retro...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Okay, so here's the deal,.. I have an older friend who had the movie and gave me a copy of it and I honestly don't see what's so racist about it. I think it's cute which is why I would love to have it on commercial copy. Except for maybe the tar baby part the other stuff is a part of history. Is that why Disney wants to erase it so badly? If that's the case, seems like this cancel culture already started a long time ago and now they've messed with Splash Mountain and took away Zip_A_Dee_Doo_Dah from the Disney parks. :( And I love that song!!! :D

Reactions: Amazed@grace

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just finished watching the movie and it's a shame that kids today aren't going to know the film or the iconic song. :( Thankfully, with our virtual trip to Disneyland we can go on any rides we want to ;) Btw, my Pawpaw used to sing this song to me all the time. :D

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
natural cure ommetaphobia at DuckDuckGo

The way China is wiggling its way into control of so many companies in America today, I get the feeling the cancel culture agenda, and the "evolution" away from stereotypes angle are just cover language to hide fascist underpinnings.

When I was in my last year in elementary school we attended a classic replay of the Song of the South movie in a field trip to the local theater in my hometown.
And we were a diverse student body too. Black,White, Hispanic, etc... We all loved that movie. We didn't see racism and racial divides or racist innuendo. We saw blue birds, and fun.

Of course it was a new movie to us being so young. I was thrilled. And the animation and special effects in that time were real breakthroughs in film.
Loved that movie. Still do. :) Thanks for the memories April.

Man, does nostalgia ever just smack you up side the head to remind you how old you are now.
And how so very far in the past those elementary school days were.:(

Reactions: April_Rose

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... If it offends some people then they shouldn't watch it. And if they come to your house, you would be wise not to show it.

With the whole woke culture and cancel culture happening, I would like to say they are both cancers. I want to support the woke culture, but can't. I would like to see folks seeing things that may be insensitive to others, but its out of hand, its biased and the movement is racist.

Don't believe me? Is anyone protesting the Boston Celtics or Fighting Irish of Notre Dame? No? Why? I am Irish... 1/4 full of Malarkie! I can fight as I am a former HS and briefly a collegiate wrestler, and I do love a beer! But... Well.... IM OFFENDED! (Not really... Just being dramatic!)

We don't need a cancel culture or a woke culture. We need an aware culture, a forgiving culture and a kind culture.

I work a job in retail in a predominately "woke" neighborhood. I am cheerful, kind and helpful. I smile (and yes, people can still see a smile through a mask), and I am sincere. I work like I own the place (I kinda do... I own stock in my employment).

Just be a kind and considerate adult, people... Its not a hard thing to solve.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... If it offends some people then they shouldn't watch it.

Exactly what I was thinking. People should have the option to watch it though if they want to.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fyi
Walt Disney was a 33 degree mason
Disney land has club 33 for masons
YouTube has many videos where they put sick sex stuff in movies
His signature has 3 sixes in it

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and guess what guys I am ordering that movie. :D

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What good movies are there?

christian approved?

some that are moral anyway

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be perfectly honest, if Song of The South is so bad then why isn't Dumbo bad?