Soothsayers and Prophets: Part 2: the message of the Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
The OT prophets approached God’s people with God’s predictions for them and for His people in the future. These Godly messages were unwelcome/irritating messages that ultimately got the prophets killed. If presented as God intended, wouldn’t repeating the Prophet’s predictions still be unpleasant messages even to God’s people today?

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
If the prophetic scriptures were fulfilled in the past (Preterism doesn't jell for me and I am not looking change your mind or start an argument) and not meant for us in the future, then which message from the prophets is unpleasant to believers today?

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
If all predictable unpleasant events have been fulfilled in the past, then what unpleasantness lies in our future?

Let me reword this:

If a messenger came along and stated that everything bad has happened in the past. The future is clear sailing, nothing to worry about because everything bad has happened in the past.

What in that statement would upset a population to the point of killing that messenger?

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
Without Holiness no man shall see God. This is the Word all of the prophets since the beginning of time have been persecuted & slain for...Repent & believe it...& many have seen the judgment coming if the people did not....the same as today.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without repentance, your love will always remain selfish. Just like, all alcoholics will continue to relapse if they refuse to admit that they have a problem with alcohol.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
No .... I dont think so Guy

Many of the OT prophecies were rebukes and warnings to the disobedient and rebellious.

I do not think we are the same today ..... we still sin a bit , yes ..... but you dont see many of us dumping Christ to go worship idols.

I think the prophecies (today) bring us some joy and hope because we know the outcome

As far as the unbelieving world .... I am sure they object strongly to the prophecies we talk about.

In some ways we cannot blame them , Christians have made a mess of prophecy in the last 150 years.

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Thus says The Lord God: I have spoken, and sent My messengers before My face...

Yet this foolish people can in no wise see, nor are they able to hear! They refuse to look past My messengers, and willingly stop their ears from hearing, unable to recognize the voice of The Living God...
For what is the messenger to you, O ignorant and vain peoples?... Why do you consider, so carefully, seeking to find fault with those I send? Why do you concern yourselves with those I choose? And why do you judge those through whom I speak?
And what is a prophet?... Is he not a man, My servant, whom I have chosen and called? And when does My servant become a prophet? And what is the length of time he remains as such?... Lo, he is only a prophet in that self-same moment, in which I speak to him and cause him to hear... Prophesying only as long as I cause him to speak or to write My words... I am The Lord.

For there is no prophecy apart from My will,
And without My voice, there can be no prophesying...

And without My Spirit, no man may hear,
Nor shall he behold a vision, nor is he able to understand.

Apart from The Holy, there is no knowledge...

Only vanities and lies...

False glory, evil divinations.

Excerpt from:

Gnashing Children

http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=Gnashing_Children

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
eternal death
I agree. However, I believe that this sentence is carried out at the Great White Throne Judgement, sometime in the future. If the GWTJ has already occurred and "death & hades" has been consumed in the past, then when (Biblically speaking) is this eternal death sentence carried out (for unbelievers today)?