Speaking of Birthdays

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Which birthday do you consider more important to celebrate?
The birth of your sinful flesh man that was destined to death? or Your born again of the Spirit birthday that destined you to life and life more abundantly?

Jesus never wanted us to focus on his flesh man that was nailed to the cross in our place for that old man died as our is supposed to be doing as well. He told us to remember his death, for that was for US the whole purpose of him coming.

Just think, we blame the Jews and those around Jesus that day for cruxifying Jesus, but had they knew who he was, they would not have allowed him to die and we would still be dead in our sins.
By the way, GENTILES are indebted to the DEVOUT Jews for our salvation. And according to 1Cor. 16:1-3 that is where our weekly collection (plate) offering in keeping with our income is supposed to go.

Rom 15:25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
27 It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.
KJV

That is why Paul gave this order to the churches and why they still take up the collection, but they keep it for themselves.
1 Cor 16:1-3
16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him(tithings from our income), that there be no gatherings when I come.
3 And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.
KJV

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
afaithfulone4u said:
The birth of your sinful flesh man that was destined to death? or Your born again of the Spirit birthday that destined you to life and life more abundantly?
You write as though we are evil before we were baptised.

Is a new born baby evil? No - it has not sinned.

When God made Adam he saw that what he had done was very good.

afaithfulone4u said:
Jesus never wanted us to focus on his flesh man that was nailed to the cross in our place for that old man died as our is supposed to be doing as well.

Jesus was totally sinless. What is all this about his "flesh man" ?

afaithfulone4u said:
He told us to remember his death, for that was for US the whole purpose of him coming.

He told us to remember what he did at the Last Supper. Do you remember that?

His death was not the whole purpose of his coming. That's a serious misunderstanding.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Mungo said:
You write as though we are evil before we were baptised.

Is a new born baby evil? No - it has not sinned.

When God made Adam he saw that what he had done was very good.

Jesus was totally sinless. What is all this about his "flesh man" ?

He told us to remember what he did at the Last Supper. Do you remember that?

His death was not the whole purpose of his coming. That's a serious misunderstanding.
Remember Jesus' flesh was from Mary and her flesh was sinful, yet Jesus being of his Father's Spirit and bloodline he remained sinless as not sinning to fulfill the law in his sinful flesh that he had to be born of to be legally our sacrifice for we are of sinful flesh.
Jesus came to die.... to do the will of the Father... that was to DESTROY the works of the devil, meaning to give us the Spirit, our helper to overcome the temptations of the flesh that the devil holds us captive to... and the Word was forsaken on the cross to remove all the added 613 stumbling stones that was under the old covenant but was resurrected on the 3rd day as our new covenant.

John 9:2-3
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
KJV
Just because Jesus said THIS one instance was not due to sin that this man was born blind, the fact that Jesus did not tell the disciple that child can not be born defective due to sin, shows that they can and are just not in this instance.

Rom 8:3
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
KJV
I do acknowledge my families days of birth.. but I make sure that my worship is not towards the individuals greatness, but in thanking God for the day He gave them to us to love and enjoy.

Blessings

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Tell me again what the purpose of this thread is.
The person that started asked specifically whether we celebrated our earthly birth or a rebirth in Christ more.....then he went completely off the reservation.

What are we shooting for here?

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Also want to add this to show that God hated Esau before he was even born
Rom 9:11-15
11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
KJV

I understand that Esau represents our self centered flesh nature, those who care more for their lusts being fulfilled then their spiritual growth to receive their inheritance from God. And Jacob represents our spiritual nature that cares for the things of God and will struggle all night with the Word/God in order to receive the blessing. But either way, God must have already had something against Esau for He would not hate him unjustly.

MTPockets

Aug 4, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:

Jesus never wanted us to focus on his flesh man that was nailed to the cross in our place for that old man died as our is supposed to be doing as well. He told us to remember his death, for that was for US the whole purpose of him coming.

Just think, we blame the Jews and those around Jesus that day for cruxifying Jesus, but had they knew who he was, they would not have allowed him to die and we would still be dead in our sins.
By the way, GENTILES are indebted to the DEVOUT Jews for our salvation. And according to 1Cor. 16:1-3 that is where our weekly collection (plate) offering in keeping with our income is supposed to go.

26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
27 It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.
KJV

That is why Paul gave this order to the churches and why they still take up the collection, but they keep it for themselves.
1 Cor 16:1-3
16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him(tithings from our income), that there be no gatherings when I come.
3 And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.
KJV

Hi! 'afaithfulone-4u'

Ummm, that's a very nice thought concerning birth-dates / birthdays ... thanks!
This sentence of yours here puzzled me a bit: "We blame the Jews and those around Jesus that day for cruxifying Jesus, but had they knew who he was, they would not have allowed him to die and we would still be dead in our sins".
Yes, at first glance, this might appear as true. But when it is thought upon carefully, it begins to show a frailty.

Beginning even before the birth of Jesus, (increasing the moreso after), the evil one was implementing any variety of devices and schemes to prevent Jesus from achieving His Messianic appointment. These steadily increased until they finally culminated with His betrayal by Judas and death on the Cross.
Jesus was slain in two worlds simultaneously.
In the spiritual world, His inner-man (Son of God) was slain while, in the physical world, His vessel (Son of Man) perished.
This is why it is said in Rev 11:8, "And their dead bodies in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified".
In the heavenly places, "the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt", is referring to the unseen reality of the outwardly alive but inwardly dead. The lawlessness of Sodom and slavery of Egypt rules the apostate Jerusalem.
We could perhaps think of this city as a 'City of Cain' because Jesus too was slain by His brothers. After all, His greatest enmity was not of the world, but His brethren.
In any event, the evil one didn't inspire people to murder Jesus simply because he had unbridled contempt for His sinless life. It wasn't the Son of Man that enraged Satan as much as it was the Son of God.
The evil one had Jesus crucified in an attempt to prevent the first (of many) "son of glory' from assuming His rightful place on the throne of God. The evil one was in a panic to prevent Jesus from His goal; Especially, after the evidence of His transfiguration revealed that Jesus had attained "a moment, in the twinkling of an eye".
So, it's not as if the evil one could ever contain the risk of Jesus continuing to live and walk the shores of Galilee.
Yes, it's true that the average citizen of Jerusalem would not have urged the authorities to kill Jesus if they had truly recognized who He was. But the evil one most certainly perceived who Jesus was and fully comprehended the eternal threat this Son of God represented to his kingdom. This is why he inspired/incited the mob to cooperate with His murder.
Jesus had every lawful right to walk into the "moment, in the twinkling of an eye" alone and thus escape the bloodbath prepared by Satan. But he voluntarily chose to lay down His life (spiritually and physically) to redeem His brothers ... all of mankind ... to "bring many sons to glory".

Reactions: Angelina

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Foreigner said:
Tell me again what the purpose of this thread is.
The person that started asked specifically whether we celebrated our earthly birth or a rebirth in Christ more.....then he went completely off the reservation.

What are we shooting for here?
It is about which birth should be our most celebrated.. but one was offended that I thought so little of our flesh so I was explaining somethings for them to consider.

So which do you think is?

MTPockets said:
Hi! 'afaithfulone-4u'

Ummm, that's a very nice thought concerning birth-dates / birthdays ... thanks!
This sentence of yours here puzzled me a bit: "We blame the Jews and those around Jesus that day for cruxifying Jesus, but had they knew who he was, they would not have allowed him to die and we would still be dead in our sins".
Yes, at first glance, this might appear as true. But when it is thought upon carefully, it begins to show a frailty.

Beginning even before the birth of Jesus, (increasing the moreso after), the evil one was implementing any variety of devices and schemes to prevent Jesus from achieving His Messianic appointment. These steadily increased until they finally culminated with His betrayal by Judas and death on the Cross.
Jesus was slain in two worlds simultaneously.
In the spiritual world, His inner-man (Son of God) was slain while, in the physical world, His vessel (Son of Man) perished.
This is why it is said in Rev 11:8, "And their dead bodies in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified".
In the heavenly places, "the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt", is referring to the unseen reality of the outwardly alive but inwardly dead. The lawlessness of Sodom and slavery of Egypt rules the apostate Jerusalem.
We could perhaps think of this city as a 'City of Cain' because Jesus too was slain by His brothers. After all, His greatest enmity was not of the world, but His brethren.
In any event, the evil one didn't inspire people to murder Jesus simply because he had unbridled contempt for His sinless life. It wasn't the Son of Man that enraged Satan as much as it was the Son of God.
The evil one had Jesus crucified in an attempt to prevent the first (of many) "son of glory' from assuming His rightful place on the throne of God. The evil one was in a panic to prevent Jesus from His goal; Especially, after the evidence of His transfiguration revealed that Jesus had attained "a moment, in the twinkling of an eye".
So, it's not as if the evil one could ever contain the risk of Jesus continuing to live and walk the shores of Galilee.
Yes, it's true that the average citizen of Jerusalem would not have urged the authorities to kill Jesus if they had truly recognized who He was. But the evil one most certainly perceived who Jesus was and fully comprehended the eternal threat this Son of God represented to his kingdom. This is why he inspired/incited the mob to cooperate with His murder.
Jesus had every lawful right to walk into the "moment, in the twinkling of an eye" alone and thus escape the bloodbath prepared by Satan. But he voluntarily chose to lay down His life (spiritually and physically) to redeem His brothers ... all of mankind ... to "bring many sons to glory".
Greetings MTPockets,
Thank you for that, but...
Now, we seem to disagree here on the topic of Rev.11:8 and that Jesus being as Sodom and Gommorah. The two witnesses are yet to come they will be Elijah and Moses who will be the two Trumpets to fulfill the Feast of Trumpets which is the next Feast to be fulfilled, followed by the death of the 7,000 Jewish saints that God has reserved for Himself as written in:

1 Kings 19:18
18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
KJV
Rom 11:1-8
11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant (THEY MUST BE THE SAME SOULS)according to the election of grace.
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
8(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
KJV
I believe them to be the whole house of Israel that came out of their graves once the debt was paid.The dry bones who seemed to have no hope until they seen Jesus' day as Abraham had knew was coming.These 7,000 die Rev.11:13 on the Day of Atonement in the same hour as the Feast of Trumpets are fullfilled, then the seventh trump sounds and the body of Christ is birthed the man child to heavenly Jerusalem and caught up to God's throne in the twinkling of an eye as they exchange their earthly tents for their heavenly TABERNACLES on the Feast of Tabernacles in Rev 12:5 and Satan cast down for the last 3-1/2 yrs of the Great Tribulation

As you can see from scripture that the Bible SAYS we are indebted to the Jewish saints for our salvation. I just believe it.

KJV

Blessings

To add, yes I realize that Satan was trying to get Jesus to bow to him and fall, but his offspring fell right into the plans that God had for His Son to die on the cross to forsake His own Word for our sakes and raise him and us back up with Jesus on the 3rd day for all who shall believe and receive..the Word to indwell them so that we to can overcome the temptations of the devil.

And remember Satan can do nothing without the Father's approval. When seen that in Job. And who was it that led Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil?

Matt 4:1
4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
KJV

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well, God knew when I was going to be born, in the era I was born in, with the parents I have, in the country that I live in. :)
He also drew me to himself in his perfect timing, for his purpose. One day when I shed this fleshly tent, I will be in his presence because that was his whole purpose in the first place...so yes, I celebrate my birth because it is the beginning of life in this flesh, unto life eternal...

Be Blessed!!!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
afaithfulone4u said:
yet Jesus being of his Father's Spirit and bloodline he remained sinless as not sinning to fulfill the law in his sinful flesh that he had to be born of to be legally our sacrifice for we are of sinful flesh.
God os spirit. He doesm't have blood to have a bloodline

afaithfulone4u said:
Jesus came to die.... to do the will of the Father... that was to DESTROY the works of the devil, meaning to give us the Spirit, our helper to overcome the temptations of the flesh that the devil holds us captive to... and the Word was forsaken on the cross to remove all the added 613 stumbling stones that was under the old covenant but was resurrected on the 3rd day as our new covenant.
Jesus' whole life - Incarnation, life death and resurrection is all important not just his death.

"and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is vain; you are still in your sins" (1Cor 15:17)

afaithfulone4u said:
John 9:2-3
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
KJV
Just because Jesus said THIS one instance was not due to sin that this man was born blind, the fact that Jesus did not tell the disciple that child can not be born defective due to sin, shows that they can and are just not in this instance.

Rom 8:3
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
KJV
I do acknowledge my families days of birth.. but I make sure that my worship is not towards the individuals greatness, but in thanking God for the day He gave them to us to love and enjoy.

Blessings
John the Baptist was filled with the Holy SPirit whilst still in his mothers womb

Axehead

May 9, 2012
It's not the amount or quality of sin that separates one from God for eternity, it is the FACT of SIN. One sin separated man from God in the Garden and one sin can separate a man from God, today.

Staying on topic: The Spiritual birthday is most important. It means one will not experience the second death.

Rev_2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.