Speculating on ... "the lie" ... (endtimes)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Everyone feel free to speculate on what they think .."the lie".. will be

I am referring to the endtimes "lie" ... and the coming of the lawless one .

I began this topic in response to folks who seem to think .."the lie".. is pre-trib-rapture doctrine

I feel it is something completely different

Let us start in 2 Thessalonians 2 .... I quote portions below ....

2 Thess 2:9 .... The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie

2 Thess 2:11... For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

2 Thess 2:12... and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Arnie Manitoba said:

I began this topic in response to folks who seem to think .."the lie".. is pre-trib-rapture doctrine

2 Thess 2:9 .... The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie
I think you answered your own question? 'The Lie' is the anti-Christ, he is the opposite of 'The Truth'.
"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." (John 8:44). The lie in the end time and the first lie in the beginning (Genesis 3:4) will both emanate from the same source. JMO

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Arnie Manitoba said:

2 Thess 2:11... For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

2 Thess 2:12... and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
The light you saw in the heavens was an alien ship and they abducted the people that disappeared.

We know it will be Jesus who calls us up but the world won't want that to be true.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Eric E Stahl said:
The light you saw in the heavens was an alien ship and they abducted the people that disappeared.

We know it will be Jesus who calls us up but the world won't want that to be true.
Why would they stop there? If an alien appeared everyone of the world would believe what he says.

But I'm not ready to jump to that conclusion, I merely see it as a possibility.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
lforrest said:
Why would they stop there? If an alien appeared everyone of the world would believe what he says.

But I'm not ready to jump to that conclusion, I merely see it as a possibility.

Revalation 1:16 tells us that Jesus now shines as the sun in its strength. When Jesus comes at his appearing the world will see his light when we all are called up to meet him in the air.

I believe the antichrist's lie will be that the light was an alien space craft. The reason I believe that, is the media.The movies and books keep telling us that people are being abducted.

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
I believe the lie is already begining to circulate - All religions are just different pathways to God, you choose whichever one is right for you. And any group that claims the ONLY way is to be considered intolerant, an enemy of world peace and its members should be eradicated.

Reactions: dragonfly

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Arnie Manitoba said:

Hi Arnie

Good section of Scripture posted thankyou.

It is without dispute the lie will be revealed by Christ in his day as the "great apostasy" which is everything Christian. When Christ was born under the Law born of a woman he came into a religious system which had defiled everything true and good concerning God and His ways. Verse 9 is reference to the papal claims and pronouncements which are accepted by 1 billion people across this planet...not to mention all her daughters who have adopted many of her doctrines.

In like manner to the Pharisee & Sadducee the "Bishop of Rome" continue to grasp for greater authority and power and control over the lives of his followers. Today its the Roman council in the Vatican back in Jesus' day it was the Sanhedrin.

If you understood the term's satan and devil in their Greek form you could identify how the Church is a devil (false accuser) and a satan (adversary) to what is true religion.

Paul uses the same language, when writing to the Corinthians, in describing Jewish adversaries who had assumed apostolic powers, disguising themselves as servants of righteousness (2 Co 10:12-15).

"To come with the work of Satan", therefore, is to disguise one's true character."

Consider all the documents the church has formulated to maintains its power (lie)

It has been guilty of blatant mistranslations, to justify its unscriptural practices -- such as masses, purgatory, and pilgrimages. It has even distorted the "Ten Commandments" so as to accommodate the worship of images.

Lie = EVERY SORT OF EVIL THAT DECEIVES:

The phrase belongs with the final phrase of v 9: The coming of the Man of Sin is attended by Satan-like activity, fraudulent signs and wonders and wicked deception.

The lie is religious and its Christian - (sorry to all those Islam haters) the lie is closer to home - maybe even in your home, in you? :eek:...maybe in me :unsure:

Purity

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Apostle Paul already told us what the "lie" of 2 Thess.2:11 is about; it's right there written in the Scripture...

II Th 2:3-4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
(KJV)

II Th 2:8-11
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
(KJV)

The "lie" is that pseudo-Christ coming to play God on earth, which is also what that "strong delusion" is.

it will be a work of "strong delusion" upon those who will BELIEVE on that coming Antichrist in place of Christ Jesus.

But the Pre-Trib secret fly away Rapture, though related to that pseudo-Christ, still also is a lie. It is how many will be persuaded to go with that coming Antichrist.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
" RELIGION" all man made.

In all His Love
NO - Man made religion is man made...there is a religion which is true and pure and perfect - of God through Christ given to us freely to obey and love.

Have you study the word and theme of religion throughout the Bible?

Good place to start.

BLACK SHEEP

May 24, 2013
Purity said:
Hi Arnie

Good section of Scripture posted thankyou.

It is without dispute the lie will be revealed by Christ in his day as the "great apostasy" which is everything Christian. When Christ was born under the Law born of a woman he came into a religious system which had defiled everything true and good concerning God and His ways. Verse 9 is reference to the papal claims and pronouncements which are accepted by 1 billion people across this planet...not to mention all her daughters who have adopted many of her doctrines.

In like manner to the Pharisee & Sadducee the "Bishop of Rome" continue to grasp for greater authority and power and control over the lives of his followers. Today its the Roman council in the Vatican back in Jesus' day it was the Sanhedrin.

If you understood the term's satan and devil in their Greek form you could identify how the Church is a devil (false accuser) and a satan (adversary) to what is true religion.

Paul uses the same language, when writing to the Corinthians, in describing Jewish adversaries who had assumed apostolic powers, disguising themselves as servants of righteousness (2 Co 10:12-15).

"To come with the work of Satan", therefore, is to disguise one's true character."

Consider all the documents the church has formulated to maintains its power (lie)

It has been guilty of blatant mistranslations, to justify its unscriptural practices -- such as masses, purgatory, and pilgrimages. It has even distorted the "Ten Commandments" so as to accommodate the worship of images.

Lie = EVERY SORT OF EVIL THAT DECEIVES:

The phrase belongs with the final phrase of v 9: The coming of the Man of Sin is attended by Satan-like activity, fraudulent signs and wonders and wicked deception.

The lie is religious and its Christian - (sorry to all those Islam haters) the lie is closer to home - maybe even in your home, in you? :eek:...maybe in me :unsure:

Purity
By the way I'm a Catholic and anti-Islamic but I'm not a Muslim hater. But you certainly appear to be a Catholic hater because you call my church the church of the devil. I'm sure you could fill the forum with all the usual anti-Catholic junk that we've all seen before.

Islam is Babylon the Great.

What better lie is there than for a harlot to offer her jihadist up to 72 virgins and mansions in paradise! Hows that for a good lie!

You're misled.....
What you need is hermeneutics 101. In 2Thes. 2 the topic from verse 3b to verse 13 is all about the man of sin and his followers. It's a grammatical blunder to say that the apostasy is Christian.

In chapter 2 Paul is directing verse 1-3a to the Church.

2 Thessalonians 2:1 ¶Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 ¶Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except.....

The words "BUT WE" in verse 13 proves that everything between them and the word "except" in verse 3b is devoted to the man of sin and his followers and NOT THE CHURCH!

there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13 ¶But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
16 ¶Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
What you need is hermeneutics 101. In 2Thes. 2 the topic from verse 3b to verse 13 is all about the man of sin and his followers. It's a grammatical blunder to say that the apostasy is Christian.

In chapter 2 Paul is directing this passage to the Church.

2 Thessalonians 2:1 ¶Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 ¶Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except.....

The words "BUT WE" in verse 13 proves that everything between them and the word "except" in verse 3b is devoted to the man of sin and his followers and NOT THE CHURCH!

there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13 ¶But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
16 ¶Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
No the blunder is all yours

For an apostasy to be apostate at some stage by its very definition they must have held the truth.

English 101 :) Apostasy refers to the rejection of Christianity by someone who formerly was a Christian! It could also mean one who apostatises a message which was once true but corrupted by error.

Hence

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. (1Jn 2:19)

As my dad use to say "learn the Queens English" then "read your Bible with more care!

Yes, and his Church is polluted with idolatry and every evil practice under the sun.

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Everything which is God!

"Worshiped" is the Gr "sebasma" (cp Acts 17:23) -- an object of veneration. That is, "above every so-called 'god' or object of worship" -- ie shrines, images, and relics. Roman Catholicism has, in fact, presided over a vast array of idols -- and incorporated them into its system and used them all for its own advancement.

And sadly she has many daughters.

And before this we know he exalted himself to gain the pre-eminence.

"Huperairo" = to lift above. This section better describes the Roman system which claims absolute religious supremacy, as borne out by numerous papal statements. It also claims, or at least has claimed when it was propitious to do so, absolute political prerogatives. Thus it has exalted itself above God in two ways.

Study Dan 11:6-40 for context and greater understanding of the type of man who would lift himself up.

BLACK SHEEP

May 24, 2013
This is the web definition of apostasy.

Apostasy - (noun)
1. The act of abandoning a party or cause.
2. The state of having rejected your religious beliefs, political party, cause or sports team in favor of opposing beliefs, causes or teams.
3. A defection, renunciation, disaffiliation, abandonment or revolt from a previous association.
4. (Islamic definition) Rejection in word or deed of one's former religion.
5. (Christian definition) To fall away from the truth.

Notice how the Christian definition is different from the others?

Now look at what Vine's say's...(These are the only two places the word apostasia is found.)

"a defection, revolt, apostasy," is used in the NT of religious apostasy; in Act 21:21, it is translated "to forsake," lit., "thou teachest apostasy from Moses." In 2Th 2:3 "the falling away" signifies apostasy from the faith. In papyri documents it is used politically of rebels.
Note: For "mighty fall," Rev 18:21, RV, see VIOLENCE.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G646&t=KJV

Look at what Bakers dictionnary of Theology say's...(emphasis. is mine)

(1) Bakers dictionary of theology.
Apostasy
A word of increasing interest found twice in the NT. (Acts 21:21; 2Thes. 2:3 It comes from the Greek apostasia a late form of apostasis, originally to desert a post or station in life. It is used of Plutarch of political revolt and is found in the OT in the sense of revolt against the Lord. (Josh. 22:22) Antiochus Epiphanes enforced an apostasia from Judaism to Hellenism (1 Macc 2:15).

In the AV it is translated "falling away" in relation to the man of sin or antichrist. In this sense the thought is of religious revolt. Cremer states that apostasia is used in the absolute sense of "passing over to unbelief," thus a dissolution of the "union of God subsisting through Christ." Amdt adds rebellion or abandonment in the religious sense. On the nature of apostasy there are lengthy articles in both the JewEnc and the CE developing an extensive doctrine of apostasy.
In the NT. 2Thes 2:3 is part of a prophetic passage of apocalyptic character. The falling away invites conjecture about whom and from what. The event seems future and thus related to antichrist. The implication is that the apostates will welcome the man of sin.
The word apostasia comes from a word whose root meaning is a divorce. When you desert something you are no longer part of it. You can't remain married when you get a divorce. You can't remain a Christian when your an apostate. It isn't being lukewarm, backslidden, or a heretic. It has nothing to do with our beliefs or the spiritual condition of a church or the lack of devotion of an individual. It is not false doctrine or heresy and will have nothing to do with the end-time church.

APOSTASY IS A POLITICAL OR RELIGIOUS REVOLT OR REBELLION AND THAT'S THE CURRENT CONDITION OF THE ARAB'S AND MUSLIM'S IN THE MIDDLE-EAST AND N. AFRICA today.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Islam is Babylon the Great.
It's Roman, Greek, Medo-Persian and Babylonian all combined into a melting pot of mythology and superstition.

2 Cor 6:17 must apply.

Purity
APOSTASY IS A POLITICAL OR RELIGIOUS REVOLT OR REBELLION AND THAT'S THE CURRENT CONDITION OF THE ARAB'S AND MUSLIM'S IN THE MIDDLE-EAST AND N. AFRICA today.
Wrong

It began during the time of the Apostles and has not ceased since.

1 John 4:3 "Even now!"

Its Christian, it will be judged as such for its abominations committed in the earth over the past 2000 years.

BLACK SHEEP

May 24, 2013
Purity said:
It's Roman, Greek, Medo-Persian and Babylonian all combined into a melting pot of mythology and superstition.

2 Cor 6:17 must apply.

Purity

Wrong

1 John 4:3 "Even now!"

Its Christian, it will be judged as such for its abominations committed in the earth over the past 2000 years.
Well first of all this statement makes no sense especially when you have nothing to back it up.
You said,

You also said,

In case you don't know, and it's a mistake many people on the forum make, "you can't prophesy about something that has already happened"!

Hermeneutics 101 really would be beneficial to you. Notice that Baker's say's, "In the NT. 2Thes 2:3 is part of a prophetic passage of apocalyptic character."

Just a quick study of the passage proves the apostasy is an end-time event and not something that happens over the course of 2000 years.

2Thes. 2 is a unique passage. In it, we have the Day of Christ, his coming or 'parousia'. The gathering or rapture, otherwise known as the "the harpazo" in 1 Thes. 4:17. A falling away, rebellion, "or apostasia." And the revelation of the man of sin. You also have the workings of Satan and strong delusion. This small passage is definitely unique and apocalyptic.

iamlamad

Jun 9, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:

First off, I think you have quoted from a TERRIBLE translation! How can we hope to discover the truth with a sad translation?

English Standard Version
The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders,

New American Standard Bible http://biblehub.com/nasb/2_thessalonians/2.htm
that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,
King James Bible
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Holman Christian Standard Bible
The coming of the lawless one is based on Satan's working, with all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders,

International Standard Version
The coming of the lawless one will be accompanied by the power of Satan. He will use every kind of power, including miraculous signs, lying wonders,

NET Bible
The arrival of the lawless one will be by Satan's working with all kinds of miracles and signs and false wonders,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
For the coming of that one is in the activity of Satan in all power, signs and false wonders,

American Standard Version
2:9
even he, whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
Bible in Basic English
2:9 Even the one whose coming is marked by the working of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,
Darby's English Translation
2:9 whose coming is according to the working of Satan in all power and signs and wonders of falsehood,
Douay Rheims
2:9 Whose coming is according to the working of Satan, in all power, and signs, and lying wonders,
Noah Webster Bible
2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan, with all power, and signs, and lying wonders,
Weymouth New Testament
2:9 The appearing of the Lawless one will be attended by various miracles and tokens and delusive marvels--for so Satan works--
World English Bible

2:9 even he whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
Young's Literal Translation

2:9 him, whose presence is according to the working of the Adversary, in all power, and signs, and lying wonders,

Sorry, but there simply is no "the lie" hinted at in the greek. It is a very sloppy translation. This time we cannot even blame it on a different Greek text, because they all seem to agree with this verse.

So what is meant by a "lying wonder?" Fire from heaven, supposedly from God. Elilah did it and it was from God. But this time it will be from Satan, so it is a "lying" wonder. When the image is made to speak, it will be a "lying" wonder. However, I do believe there will be one very great lie, with many smaller ones: the great lie will be the Beast/Antichrist coming as "the Christ" but not being the real Christ. Or, him saying "I am God," when he comes in the place of God. Then, all the other lies to back this up. I too am convinced the "religion" behind the beast, and the religion all will begin to worship, will be Islam. Israel today is surrounded by Islam.

Lamad

P.S. this server is very messed up right now. From the edit screen to what we see after saving changes is far far apart! It defaults for size 24! Any time enter is hit to start a new paragraph, it inserts a size 24 space that cannot be removed. I have taken it back and forth to notepad to strip all formating, and as soon as it is pasted back, this goofy size 24 comes back.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
iamlamad said:
First off, I think you have quoted from a TERRIBLE translation! How can we hope to discover the truth with a sad translation?

[background=#fdfeff]English Standard Version[/background]
[background=#fdfeff]The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders,[/background]

I appreciate modern day Christian's conjure up all manner of ungodly notions regarding this word "satan" or "adversary" but the reality of its symbolism if not seen in fallen angel whose abode is a fiery caldron.

What is "the work of Satan"? It is the work of an adversary! Paul uses the same language, when writing to the Corinthians, in describing Jewish adversaries who had assumed apostolic powers, disguising themselves as servants of righteousness (2Co 10:12-15). "To come with the work of Satan", therefore, is to disguise one's true character.

Likewise, the Roman Catholic "Church" claims to be the Bride of Christ, showing his love and glorifying God -- but all the while it is only a guise. The Catholic system is in reality the "Satan", or "Adversary", of all true religion - claiming divine authority where it has none, persecuting believers of all other faiths, and actively suppressing the printing, distributing and reading of the Bible and many other atrocities to their name.

All will be revealed upon his coming 2 Thes 1:8

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Arnie,

It is none of the above.

It is the first response that Satan gave to Eve's reply to his introductory question:

'Ye shall not die' (if you rebel against God's commands) Genesis 3:4.

Ye shall not die is the lie.

That is one reason Jesus came talking about repentance (from one's own way) and how to (re)gain eternal life.

There is a link between receiving the Holy Spirit, and eternal life. But the sending of the Holy Spirit was dependent upon the purity and holiness of our Lord Jesus Christ, who as a lamb without blemish died on the cross, to free us from the sin -

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ;
that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Who do we think 'we' is, in Paul's statement?

Psalm 133
1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard,
even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion:
for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

There is no eternal life for those who have not Christ.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed:
and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
What is a lie? It is the opposite/anti of truth! And what is truth? The Word of God IS Truth! And who is the Word? Jesus THE Christ is the Word... So the lie is to be anti-Christ aka anti-Word of truth to live by and be saved.
How can we claim to love God yet hate His Word which is the only truth, for He and His Word are ONE and exactly the same?

2 Thess 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
KJV

John 17:15
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
KJV
John 17:17-19
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
KJV
John 1:1-2
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
KJV