Spell Checker

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use Mozilla's Firefox. The spell checker does not work when I type within the post.

spockrates

Apr 13, 2012
Yes, threre are also a few good add-ons, such as the duplicate tab, QuickNotes, All-in-one sidebar, etc.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I completely missed this - sorry Rocky!

What Firefox version are you running? I tested with mine, FF 11.0, and spell checker works both within the quick reply and regular reply.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Hmm..I use FF 11.0 and lets see if it is working now..was not the last time I posted...nope does not work on mine either...begininging is wrong but does not show it...

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that they don't make them anymore as plugins since modern browsers all have it now. (And yes, I know I'm excluding IE because it doesn't have one and is not a modern browser, ha.)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what to suggest to handle it. I mistyped several words in the post both intentionally and unintentionally, and it works for me. Have you had any trouble at other forums or is it limited to here? Unfortunately may just be a quirk.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Firefox > press Alt key to display menu > Tools > Options > Advanced Tab > Select Check my spelling as I type