Spirit Of Adoption

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galations 4:5,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

What is the process of adoption? The process of adoption is in two stages, one; when you got saved.Two; is your growth into the things of God. When you got saved you were adopted (born again) immediately into the family of God. God bacame your father! It even sounds funny now just referring to my father as God because he is my father. But when you were saved you became an adoptive son but you didn't have an adoptive spirit. Can you see the difference, some still need to move into the adoptive spirit. It's time, they have been in the lord long enough and are ready to move into the family spirit. You have learned and grown and your father opens up to you a whole new world of how the family business operates, Galations 4:1-2,

1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

I use the crude analogy of earthly operations because of Galations 4. Our father has something to show us when we can handle it, but until then you will not even know it exists. The process of adoption is you learning to be a son with the family spirit.

You see many spirits expressed in life, Paul said you will not see many that have the family of God spirit or fathers of the faith Paul calls it. He is taking about Christians that cannot move into the adoptive family spirit for whatever reason. You can here people's reasons for not growing, such as; you don't know what I have been through. My answer for that is most that come to knowledge and see Christ as their life and express the family spirit are those that have been through hell on earth. Some kind of hell, it may be the hell of a bad marriage, or some tragedy has befallen them. Religion can be hell on earth for those that do not know how to escape it's cluches.

The point is your father who has birthed you has never left you on your own. He has always been working to bring you through to the adoptive family spirit, a son with Christ expression whereby you cry abba father. As we see Christ in us as our life we begin to see the father, you cannot see the father until you see Christ in you. He will be just God out there in the universe somewhere and if you get out of hand he is going to get you. That is the image people develope of God when they don't know any better. The angry Old Testament God it can be referred to, that is no way to live a Christian life.

Does your father correct you, yes like a good father does. His correction can be severe at times too but a far cry from the Old Testament God we imagine. Just like everything else about our father his spankings are perfect. He knows what you need, and he will not let up until you get what you need. He can give you what you want also like a good father, we don't know what we need, but he does, trust him.

Romans 8:15

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Reactions: lforrest